My Afghan Kush Ryder (pic) - How much will it yield?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SammySess, Mar 15, 2012.

1. update!

She looks good! Smells fantastic!
    I really think shes able to harvest now? what do you think? should i put her in darkness for 24 hours then chop her? I dont have a magnifying glass for the trichomes but her hairs are starting to turn a dark brown.... suggestions?

[​IMG]

2. my advice is to buy a scope, amazon £5!, and also dont be tempted to take a nug off, good things come to those who wait, i been waiting friken ages for my b.cheese and was so close to chopping a joint of but i resisted:), my guess is half oz?

3. lol im not looking for the weight anymore i just dont know how to change the thread title :p

You think she still needs more time to flower?

4. i think she needs abit longer m8, see how the hairs are still sticking out? those should be in the bud when the calyx has swelled right up, anyway get a mag , its the best way to tell.

5. alright guys!!! i did a lot of research today and managed to get a 100x magnifying glass. ALL the trichomes were cloudy/milky!! And i saw 1 or 2 odd amber trichomes here and there.

I read up on some peoples harvest times, i decided to go with the all cloudy trichomes instead of amber, high times said under 10% amber is the best way to go.

I dont have a scale but when i get one i will let u know the dry weight (after a week) and a smoke report ! This is just from one of the plants, i will update with another photo when the second one is chopped down! Smells SOOOOO good, honestly im not exaggerating when i say this but it smells just like watermelon jolly ranchers! The other plant smells more like peas lol but its way more crystally.

Heres the photo (A fat nug and a branch missing, they fell as i took the photo :( - will update with all buds on a tray from both plants)
    Hope it turns out to be a good smoke!! :smoke:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. nice, could of possibly gone another week or two to get maximum out of it by looks of it,but what do i know im a novice myself, hope it gets u hiiigggghhhhhhh

7. A fistful of nugs :hello:

8. just quick dried a sneaky bud in the oven hahaha at 125ºf reporting back soon

9. reaaaallly nice strong heady high! damn nice for an autoflower! To be honest i thought with a tolerance as high as mine i would just feel a buzz, but it creeped up into a really strong head high with a mellow body stone.

Very happy! :smoke:

10. how tall was your plant when you chopped it down? I'm growing 2 auto afghan kush plants also

11. Hey, it was like 2ft. Theyre great for space saving. Keep in mind though they can get quite BIG, it depends on the size of the pot you are planting it in. To judge the size of your plants you should see the size of your pot, however tall the pot is will be about as how tall your plant grows.

12. ok sweet thanks man... what do you think you yielded? over or under an ounce per plant?

13. Definately under an ounce per plant, it could have done way more but dropped both plants during their growth which im sure stunted them a bit and in the beginning i was not being serious about the lighting so they started off a bit weak.

The plant which was regulated with pH Up and Down solutions came out a lot more dense and crystally with fatter stems, i would say just over a half ounce or so between both.

14. Not to mention they were definatly harvested to early. Nice cfl grow tho. I would let them go longer next time. If you wait till there about 40 percent amber it'll kick ass. I regularly pull over 3 ounces a plant on t-5's those last 2 weeks they really fatten up.

15. Well you see, this is where i found a lot of controversy. A lot of people say the high is at its best when you have a lot of amber trichs, but other people, including High Times, say that the best is to harvest with just under 10% amber trichomes. Mine were all cloudy with one or two amber trichomes here and there so i decided it was right.

I guess we will have to wait for the proper smoke report :hello::smoke: