Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Synthetic CBD pill like Marinol?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by kotcarson, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Thanks for the supportive comments Vmax.

It wasn't just verbal though, it was tested by an independent lab that any of us could verify the results for. Just contact CannLabs and ask about test #DED11.2.12-3.

It does seem shady that they don't say 25mg on the site though. I'm surprised 25mg is considered schedule 1 since it is a pretty small amount.

I may end up buying something illegally imported from Colorado if I have to to get a verified and proper CBD dosage. I don't mind admitting that, anyone can turn me in if they like.

2. Hi again..... I can only tell you what I know and have learnt about Dixie products...... I am presently on the investors hub board ... And daily I see the post pro and con for the products ...
    Those who invested have of course positive outlooks... And those who are not invested in them just do the D&D on the company ... And from the D&D done I have found out that it's not as scientific as they make out it to be .... First off they import the product from an undisclosed country of origin ... And they are filling them by hand with a dropper in a room .... And they cannot give investors the CBD content ?? Red flag again..... And it's only hemp seed oil in the end really .... Save your $$$ and just get hemp seed oil and take 2 teaspoons full a day... Voila the same thing ... But lots cheaper .... Or buy Dixie and come back and let us o ow if it does work .. K. Thanx

3. Hi there .... The reason that it would still be considered schedule 1 drug is that any compounds derived from MJ are considered illegal... I think that is why they stopped saying it had a high CBD content .... But 100% honestly you can get the same results just from hemp seed oil sold in stores near you .. Lol

Are you ill?.... If so then there is a network that is out that can get in touch with somebody for RSO treatments ..... If not you must choose yourself if Dixie is for you or not .... I personally take RSO daily like a vitamin ... But also consume hemp products too as well as hemp soaps and creams

Hemp seed oil will give you the benefits of CBD in low doses daily it will build up in the system like all MJ compounds do ....it is possible to get like you say a high CBD low THC content MJ
    Even here in Canada and USA too. But then again you would have to grow it for yourself. Which I'm guessing is not possible for you
    As you would be doing so already
    And I wouldn't worry about being busted for talking MJ here or anywhere ... It's all good nowadays ....
    Peace

4. Oh, Vmax....I thought you have learned more than that by now from your time spent on IHub...

Dixie is legitimate. They have controlled and tested products, as Transcendent showed. Anyone can call or email Christie Lunsford at Dixie and she will gladly send you copy of the lab results for any of their products AND a test they did on regular store-bought hemp seed oil. When you get those results, notice that Dixie X dew drops (100mg bottle) are roughly 50 times more concentrated than the store-bought oil. While Vmax is correct in that you can gulp down hemp seed oil and get CBD, I would not recommend it. Do people drink fish oil to get the fatty acids? No. They take concentrated supplements. Plus, all that oil will make you shit like a goose!

5. Here is a response I received from Christie a while back concerning the shift from "CBD" to "Hemp Oil" on their website.

Thank you for your Dixie X inquiry. We are currently making a shift with our language to come in to full compliance with FDA and FTC guidelines. "Hemp Oil" and CBD are interchangeable language as we make the shift. Please see the attached lab tests for confirmation that our products contain CBD. You might be interested in results for the test for the hemp seed cooking oil which was purchased from a local heath food store and not produced by Dixie. As you can see,Dixie X products are of a much higher concentration than regular hemp seed oil found many places online.

6. Hi there... Obviously you are an investor in Mjna

As you talk like a salesman....ok so if it's not advertised as CBD why?....but you say they test it and it comes back with a high CBD content

Them if it does that .... How can it be sold to the general public ?.... CBD us in schedule 1 classification .... Just look at what happened in court today for harbor side clinic ..... Getting the boot from the property is the first step ... CBD products are not allowed by federal law
    No if ands or buts..... Either it has a low content as most hemp seed oil does .... Or it's an illegal product being sold illegally.... Can't be both which is it .... Remember CBD is illegal

Yeah ok that's what I thought .... Bull as usual from Mjna pumpers.

7. The reason they can not say "CBD" is explained in the correspondence with Christie. It is to avoid confusion.

So are you telling me if I bought a 55 gallon barrel of 100% Federally legal food grade hemp seed oil (which would, over all, contain a high amount of CBD and a little THC) that I would be breaking the law? How is that any different than having the same amount of CBD in concentrated hemp oil drops?

8. Ok .... If the 55 gallons is hemp seed oil as is ... Then the concentration is not considered to be on a drug level..... Bit if you say that it is concentrated down and the CBD content us increased right ?.... Then it becomes illegal

Look at fed law for the compounds that are classified as illegal .... All MJ compounds are

Another example is MJ as in natural form ... Or RSO. Which is a good 10-15 times stronger ... Both derived from the same source ... But 2 totally different strengths .... And here in Canada is classified differently than reg MJ ....

CBD CBN THC THCV CBC. They are all classified as illegal substances in the USA
    So the reason why the CBD is not stated on the web site is ?.....
    Illegal. Foolish if pit up on site .... They gonna get busted soon it's coming .... Shut down the place ... Not a real med company ....
    Feds are going to make a fool if them ... Just watch .... Get your money out before its locked in as drug trafficking money ....
    Check out harborsides court day today
    Feds are still out to shut down who they please
    And Dixie has been on the tv. Pro
    Opting this shit .... The Feds going to go there
    And raid them ... Guaranteed. I'd even put money on it .... They do as they wish

9. Start studying the neuro-protective properties DHA & EPA especially DHA. Also run the search "DHA EPA cannabinoid"

10. Hello there .... In answer to your question
    No there is not really any synthetic substitute for CBD .... Marinol only has THC. ( fake to boot)...why bother making something that nature provides so easily....you could try Dixie ... But I really doubt it will do it for you .... Just hemp seed oil .... But you are probably on the best course ... A natural MJ with low THC high CBD content.... No point in me giving names of strains as I'm in Toronto Canada ... And strains change in regions... But just look for that is your best shot at relif...

11. I don't think it makes sense to compare Dixie to hemp oil.

Do you really know wow much CBD an ounce of hemp oil has? Has any hemp oil product been tested at a lab for CBD? It's possible other hemp oil would have much much less than 26mg CBD (http://www.beyondthc.com/cbd-from-hemp) per dose.

Again I think the real issue is that even 26mg is 10 times less than a therapeutic amount.

Btw people on this thread should state if they own stock in the company OR have a short position to bet against it. I don't.

12. Well the comparison is made because they are both hemp seed oil ... One is just reduced to increase the concentration of CBD ...
    Otherwise there is zero difference ....
    I don't know the amount of CBD in hemp seed oil
    But it's there ... And as mentioned it builds up in the system ... Not expelled in bathroom duties
    You build up tolerance too... I consume 1/3 gram if RSO each time before sleep .... I have taken it for 3 yrs ... To me it's ok ... To you it would knock you on your butt....
    Ok then. Try Dixie products .... I'm not saying don't ... Only explaining the differences and that the reg hemp oil has CBD too all hemp does
    Eat it too hulled hemp seeds ... Hemp
    Milk..... Hemp seed oil ... It's everywhere ... But if you want to spend $$$$ on fancy packs or bottles with eye catching pics on.... Far be it for me to tell you don't....

Peace

13. I think both of us are not recommending Dixie, but for different reasons.

I ended up getting Harlequin (Harlequin Marijuana Reviews - Leafly) with a batch that was tested at 12% CBD and 6% THC.

My dream is to be able to smoke some amount of this and still be sharp on my job which requires a fair amount of thinking. Maybe that will happen some day.

14. Hi .... Yep see we don't have that named strain here .... Another option for you is to encapsulate them... I do this with RSO and reg MJ
    For reg MJ you can put coconut oil in a pan and make like making canna butter ... Then fill empty caps (cap.m.quik)....the easiest way is to put the MJ on tin foil spread out ( not crumbled) ... Bake for 1 hr at 275. .... Then crush once dried .... And fill up empty caps..... Then you just take a pill and not smoke it... Has to be heated to activate the compounds.... Will not work if not... Decarboxilzed ..... The caps are cheap size 1 is a good sized pill .... I do many things .... You can even make chocolates if you wish ...many options for you besides smoking...

15. #55 Asthmatic, Dec 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2012
    I'm sorry I didn't ask a question and was talking to the patient aka kotcarson who asked the original question on page 1 of this thread. I am suggesting he or she look into the upstream natural fish oil based fat source of the endocannabinoids Docosahexaenoyl Ethanolamide and Eicosapentaenoyl Ethanolamide.

I have -0- interest in Dixie or the rest of your argument about it thank you.

16. So Dixie Elixirs and Edibles sells THC infused drinks, edibles and topicals.

Dixie X is off shoot company that sells the CBD "Hemp Oil" products from HEMP. Dixie X is legal because it's from Hemp not Marijuana.

Two different companies (owned by the same people) two different plants.

17. Hemp oil lab test results:

Dixie X Hemp Oil = 108mg cbd (sample size was 37.5 g) 1 oz/100mg bottle

Regular Hemp Seed cooking oil = 2mg cbd (sample size was also 37.5 g)

18. Exactly right.

Much more CBD than plain old hemp oil, but still not enough to be therapeutic (helpful).

There are people who will claim this amount of CBD can still help, but there is no science behind it. The peer reviewed science only supports benefits at much much higher doses.

19. I've read some of those studies. All I can tell you is that it's helped me. I take 10 mg though out the day, EVERYDAY. It's made all of the difference in my life.

20. The problem is your success is anecdotal, not science.

There is much more anecdotal evidence that apricots cure cancer. However many people were hurt by using this evidence to choose a treatment (google Laetrile).

Reports like yours can be helpful for medicines that already have scientific evidence, for example to hear how Tylenol helped people with a headache.

I don't doubt what your saying, but it is quite foolish and dangerous to use anecdotal evidence alone to choose a product for a health condition.