Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Synthetic CBD pill like Marinol?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by kotcarson, Mar 6, 2012.

1. I tried a small Dixie X order and noticed a positive anti-anxiety effect. Just placed a larger order, so if it's a placebo effect it should wear after some extended use.

I see the pros and cons to this stuff:

Pros:
    - Not all hemp has significant or consistent amounts of CBD. Dixie is a large enough company do real testing and possibly care about their reputation.

- It's the only tested CBD product I can find that will ship to non MM states.

- It doesn't have significant THC. I can't be high at work or driving my car so even a "low" ratio of THC is not good.

Cons:
    - It's expensive. (~3$/capsule)

- Dixie is a public company with stock traded "over the counter". OTC companies can't meet the requirements of NYSE or NASDAQ. OTC stocks also have had a checkered past for various reasons.

- There are hardly any legitimate user reviews of DixieX. Dixie has paid big-time for SEO which plasters google results with press releases and sponsored pages. Seems after being available a few months more people should be talking.

Conclusion:
    - I have a real medical need so I'm forced to take a risk here. If there are other products that will ship to non-MM states and have been tested or have lots of reviews, bring them on.

2. Something about this last sentence just screams hypocrisy.

3. In my opinion, they are playing off the misunderstood and improperly/poorly named Rick Simpson Hemp Oil.

Dixie X is a scam, in my opinion. If you feel their $80 a liquid oz hemp oil helps you, buy it.
    I buy my hemp oil for about a dollar a liquid oz.

4. Great, help us out:
    - What product do you buy?
    - What testing has been done on it?
    - Is the THC content greater than 1%?
    - Are there lots of positive user reviews on it?
    - Do they ship to Alabama?

5. #25 Izzy Mandelbaum, Dec 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2012
    They, in my opinion, are playing the fact that Rick Simpson chose to call his extract "hemp oil" and taking advantage of people who live in non-MM states.

Hemp Oil is the fatty oil pressed from the seed of hemp plants.
    Rick Simpson "Hemp" Oil is, essentially as we are concerned, edible hash oil from cannabis plants.

Like you mentioned, it is difficult to find info on, besides what they want you to know.

From what I know, pure hemp seed oil doesn't contain any CBD/THC. Hemp seed oil does sometimes contains CBD, it is thought, because of contamination from plant material. Since hemp-cannabis plants usually contain minimal THC and detectable CBD levels, the oil contaminated with this plant matter also contains a little CBD and very little THC.

When I click and search on the site for Dixie X, I cannot find the letters 'CBD' put together in that combination anywhere on the website. I think I clicked on every page. I can find other sites that say Dixie X contains CBD, but not on their own site. To me that's a red flag.
    They test it? Can I see the test results? Can someone show me on their site where they claim it contains CBD?

6. I agree ... It's a RSO knock off ... Trying to dupe the people who don't know that it's just hemp oil.
    You can get the CBD from that too.... Albeit in a smaller amount per dose.... Although they will build up in the body....I agree that it is definately not RSO ... Just a money grabbing product ... Drops,pills,drinks and soon gum... None of it any good medically .....

7. I don't see how it's a knock off when the point of DixieX is to not get you high, while Rick Simpson said he thinks significant THC is essential to his stuff working.

Also note that you don't just find some hemp oil and know it has good CBD, described here: CBD from Hemp? | O'Shaughnessy's

As far as Izzy asking what testing DixieX has done, it's a fair question. I know they employee scientists but that's not enough.

I've asked them directly about CBD content and testing. We'll see what they say.

Also even if I fly to Oregon to access a full MM pharmacy, what other options are out there to be able to use while safely driving a car?

8. I drive better high. Much calmer and almost never speed. Just put some tunes on and focus on the road

9. So I have to ask . . . Did you even read the link you linked to??

"but the overall cannabinoid content in industrial hemp is very low. There's far less than in medicinal cannabis. So even though you get more CBD compared to THC in industrial hemp, it's not a bountiful source of cannabidiol compared to CBD-rich cannabis "

10. The point is if they have significan't CBD content they probably aren't just buying generic bulk industrial oil to get it.

If it's legit it must be a different process or source, which makes it harder to find a cheaper alternative for $1/bottle.

If I could order some of that new Israel weed strain with almost pure CBD I'd buy that and just eat it (smoking weed also frowned upon at my work)

11. By the way Izzy do you roll joints as tight as crepes?

12. Funny, as it's your money I'm trying to save.

Seriously, buy it, bathe in it. Pour it down the drain. I could care less.

13. hi...in response to you.....ok i didnt mean a knock off of rso in regard to it healing as rso does
    what i meant was that people who dont know the difference may go out and buy dixie hempoil thinking they were getting the rso medicine.and no they cannot tell you exactly how much cbd content in dixie line....the science is not there at all...absoulteley no science at all.....health products is what they sell..they have 0 experience with medical cannabis science....a comparrison of cbd content is 2 teaspoonds of hemp seed oil is equal to 10 drops of dixie dew drops......so it is possible to get the same thing from seed oil from stores......rso is different and far more potent.
    dixie are health products not medical products....the one true medical one is cannabis science those are the only ones working on making medicine from mj....hopefully they do.

14. Hi -

How do know that? On 60 minutes they said they had scientists on staff. Sure they may be lying, but how do you know they have no science?

What is the definition of having "true" MM medical products?

15. Dude it was a side joke.

With your username you can't laugh at a Seinfeld reference? :)

16. Sarcasm is difficult to purvey through written word.

17. Hi there.....well i know of them very well...their products are more for money making than for helping and healing....they have no scientists or researchers they merely import the hemp product from overseas..they used to have cbd on the label....but not anymore....the law says cbd is illegal along with thc ....so it was removed by them so as not to get in trouble....the reason it can be bought and shipped across state lines ..is that it is merely a food grade oil.....no real medicine at all.
    The stock market likes it ...it is doing ok....but real mj meds nope sorry not at mjna ..only food grade health products.

As for real mj meds....at present there is not much available to the genral public....the fedral law needs changing before any work can be revealed by anybody....i.e. Cannabis science..
    They are pretty much the one hope of mj medicines....real medicine for real problems...but nothing as of yet..besides making your own rso...about the only option at present.

18. I ordered several hundred dollars of the CBD scrips and i might as well have taken a multivitamin. When i ordered, their website VERY clearly marketed these things as high CBD capsules. Their website now has no mention of CBD whatsoever. This place is a complete scam, and at like 10 per pill, a very very very profitable one.

19. I got my answer back from Dixie and they came back with specific claims and evidence. It looks like it may be the real thing, just very expensive.

"The capsules contain 25mg CBD per unit. We use a 3rd party HPLC (High Performance Liquid Chromatography) to verify our marketing claims are correct"

It was tested by CannLabs, and they sent an image of the test result which was 26.04mg CBD per capsule, 0.1mg THC per capsule.

I would have included the image if these forums allowed uploading an image.

One issue is that studies showing beneficial results used dosages of 100mg to 600mg. So that means 12 dixie capsules for a 300mg dose that seemed to work well for people.

20. Hi there .... I'm not so sure about them ....if you only get a verbal confirmation of content how can you believe that .... If the product contains CBD in that amount it would fall under schedule 1 drugs and be illegal as is MJ. And if the co
    Pant website does not have any reference to CBD Then that is a red flag..... They are pushing the CBD content to the purchasers ... But to uncle Sam they deny that it's in there ??

I'm not sold on them that's for sure ..... Order your stuff. ( expensive)...Get them and take em ... Let us know how you do !

Peace and health