Vaporizer High?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by ogKUSHbone, Mar 2, 2012.

1. pretty much sumed up:

you dont get lifted as fast

you dont come down near as fast

no lethargic type feelings

it really creeps up on ya man. Ive been vaping for 3 years and the last Wednesday i thought i didnt get high from a near whole 1.0 gram session with my mate. LOl as soon as i entered the kfc from a nice long walk . BOOM!! wtf ripped

2. I really enjoy vaping, at first I wasn't so sure I liked it more compared to bong hits, but just like RandomThoughts said it is a gradual thing where it gets better with time. I have a very similar vape to him to, I have the Arizer V-tower. Pretty much the same one except without the fan that allows you to fill up a bag. With a bong you tend to smoke your bowl in just a few minutes, but with vaping you can take long drawn out hits and a bowl will last for 30 minutes or so.

I like to start at a medium temp and slowly raise the temp up over the course of 30 minutes or so. This way you get the lighter more heady type high at first and then you transition into the more stoney body high at the higher temps, then the high will last for several hours and then I'll pack another bowl.

3. i personally dont like the vapor high as much as smoke but i can see how many people would like it better

4. I absolutely agree. It's all about options.

5. I get that, but thenI have vaping and edibles, that's options enough in good health....I can't bring myself to light up again.

6. Hows it coming? I just ordered da buddha friday I cant wait to try it out. How well dose this stuff work for vaping nicotine out of tobacco? If it works well on that end too I may buy a portable vape just for that reason. If I could stop smoking all together I know my lungs would thank me!

7. Vaporizers are more versatile imo. If you want a head high then set it at about 185. This should give a nice clean feeling without the narcotic effect because cbn's don't get vaporized at this temperature. If you want the full package, set the temperature to 200. It will feel more like smoking (body high, narcotic effect) but it is not as healthy for you. All about your preference really. I personally want to get the most out of my bud. I feel that if I just vape the THC and not the canniboids I am wasting my bud. Especially if im vaping a heavy indica (less thc content, more cannibids)

8. I think the vaporizer high is really strong initially. But after an hour it kind of wears off and then your in that hazy state for an hour or 2 after that.

9. I'm surprised that no one has mentioned what I consider the best "side effect" of using a vaporizer as your main piece: $$$$$

I paid $80 for my Iolite WISPR on amazon and have now had it for 2 months. My technique has improved and now I really feel like I'm maximising the effects of my piece. I went from smoking 2 oz. a month to 1. I now have TWICE as much money. I would have made back the cost of my vape in the first week or two of owning it. Think of that when you hesitate to buy a vape. Even if it doesn't work out for you in the end, in the meantime you'll be using half the weed so your gains will balance out the loss. I'm just trying to say, give it a go. I doubt you'll regret it if you commit.

If I had to describe a vape high, it's like a sunrise inside your brain. It comes on slowly and gradually and feels like the whole world lights up inside your head, stays bright for a really long time, and then goes down slowly again. I feel way better. During my vaped highs I actually have a desire to be active and healthy. I am now also cutting down on my cigarette smoking. People have said that a main problem with smoking cannabis is that a lot of people use it with tobacco and get a subsequent nicotine addiction. I'm a regular daily smoker (and adult) and have been for several years. I found myself craving spliffs more often than for just replacing my high. I was really craving just the tobacco, and now I'm a smoker. It DOES happen. I still smoke tobacco, but much less so now that I've eliminated it from my routine of smoking weed. It also made cannabis that much more special to me, as there are NO negative effects of my use. No cancer-causing chemicals, no harm to my lungs (actually my lung capacity has increased and also my general stamina since starting to vape), just vaporized delta 9-THC and cannabinoids (at higher temperatures). It's the purest experience one can have of the cannabis plant. There is no reason for regular smokers not to try it out.

10. Yep.
    It's all like...
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8tuTSi6Sck]Nina Simone/ Feeling Good - YouTube[/ame]

11. To me, it's like comparing ice cream (smoke) to frozen yogurt (vapor) because the smoke feels more heavy just as ice cream is more creamy, but you get that extra 'faded' feel cause you are inhaling smoke. The high from vapor feels much more pure to me. I feel like vaporizing is the way the plant was designed for use. It takes a while to get used to but once you get used to it you learn to love it. Also, think about how much your lungs will thank you!

12. #32 passthebilly, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2012
    The high depends on the vaporization temperature.

Lower Temps: "Doing stuff" high, Less Efficient, Thinner Hits, Barely any odor
    Higher Temps: "Couch Lock"/"Stoned" high, More Efficient, Thicker Hits, Odor

You will feel abit different as you only want the active ingredients and filter out all the rest of the crap in the bud (avb), it does filter out some of these unwanted compounds that don't vaporize. Your high will feel sort of 'cleaner'.

If you want to choose between the two, make sure the vaporizer you chose has a high temperature setting and a digital temperature control.

13. I've found it to be the opposite: lower temps are more cerebral, with higher temps being more stoney.

14. [quote name='"Apu Rayme"']

I've found it to be the opposite: lower temps are more cerebral, with higher temps being more stoney.[/quote]

You'd be correct, judging from my own and most others experience, as well as some science. Maybe that was just a typo.

15. #35 passthebilly, Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2012
    Yep, was pretty stoned off high temps when I wrote that :smoke: Edited.

16. Yeah the temperature definitely makes a difference, lol nice name pass the billy :D

17. It's a creamy high.

18. For me vaporizing took alittle while to get used to. I didnt give up an fell inlove with it. Its more of a head high your mind will be racing. Its an amazing feature if you want to rap or freestyle or just think i get so many ideas when i vaporize. One of the best parts about it is there is pretty much no comedown and its sort of an active high.. So you can go to work or just get shit done without feeling lazy. Most of your friends will say they didnt get high when they try it....although i had one friend thats been smokin for years and he said it was the highest hes ever been after trying my silver surfer vaporizer.

Its still good to switch it up all the time imo. I sometimes vape, sometimes bong it, sometimes roll it up, and sometimes make edibles to make sure my tolerance to one devie doesnt jump all out there. This way my highs are more enjoyable and are not just meh... feeling like a chore

19. That's right how it was with me man...

20. ive gone through two mflbs, and when the last one broke it was about 10 months of use and to be honest, its a great little portable device, very stealthy, and good what its meant for. but it doesnt get you absolutely stoned unless you do like 5 trenches which takes 3 hours to go through. i just upgraded to a bong and am loving every second of it. If i get any other vape itll be the arizer solo but it wont be for stealthiness, just more of a easier to carry type of thing.