Coughing up blood?

Discussion in 'General' started by Chirf, Feb 29, 2012.

1. I've been smoking pot daily for almost 8 months now. Started off once a day and ended up being 3 to 4 times a day.

The past few weeks I've been smoking a vaporizer, with the exception of this weekend at ECU, where we smoked a lot with friends and such.

Anyway, this morning I was coughing up some blood... not a LOT, but, maybe a little bit mixed with every spit I made. It seemed to clear out pretty quick, but it still kinda worried me...

Cause you always hear that Weed won't kill you lol but when you cough up blood you can't help be get a little nervous.

Could this just be from scratches in my lungs from the months of smoke?
    Could it be me vaping for 2 weeks straight and then having a weekend full of burning weed in my lungs?

I just hope it's nothing serious :/

2. Are you sure you're smoking weed? I've never heard of anyone coughing up blood from weed

3. Ive smoked 3-6 grams a day for the past 4-5 years and have never coughed up blood.....
    black shit yes.....but blood ...no. I dunno man....

I think there was probably some shit in that stuff you smoked at ECU?

4. :laughing: The weed isn't making your lungs bleed, dude. Maybe you brushed your teeth a bit too rough and scraped your gum? Causing a bit of blood to spill out? I use a firm brush and I knick my gums every now and again.

If you're that worried, go see a doc. Better safe than sorry!

5. By all means, wait it out and post your health concerns on a forum. My recommendation is to postpone seeking medical attention for as long as possible - it's bound to clear up on its own, right?

6. better than going to a doctor in most cases.

7. The act of coughing can make your throat bleed. It could just be that. Youll know if something is wrong when coughing up blood. If you feel fine i doubt its anything to worry about.

8. Were you drinking red Kool Aid, by any chance?

9. All I know is that if something is causing me genuine concern, I seek the advise or treatment of an expert.

10. [quote name='"ergophobic"']

All I know is that if something is causing me genuine concern, I seek the advise or treatment of an expert.[/quote]

What better place than the general section on a cannabis forum.

11. By all means, comment in such a condescending way. Because, you know, when something literally just happens, it's not very smart to try to research some 2 second details before immediately going to the doctor. I should also probably let myself be incredibly paranoid all day through school before I even get a chance to set up an appointment, because I mean, just keeping quiet and waiting it out is very good for your stress levels. Especially since it's TOTALLY impossible for it to be something harmless, saving me time, and money, at the doctors office.

12. Actually, that's very possible. I've made it a goal of mine to brush my teeth 3 times a day this past week. The thing is, I just FEEL like it's coming from my throat and not from my gums.

To be fair, when I coughed up a small amount of blood, it was after brushing my teeth. The thing is, though, is that it only seemed to show up after I really hacked up spit, opposed to just spitting with what was in my mouth.

I'll go try again, though. There shouldn't be anymore blood I guess.

13. WebMD would have been a more logical choice.

14. Touche, sir.

15. Might wanna call a doctor buddy

16. This same shit happens to me, and Im PREEETTYY SURE in my case its from something i have wrong with a wisdom tooth, So for you it may be from your gums... You might be agitating them when your "hackin" said spit up:smoke: Hopefully just the case.

I was shittin when it was happenin to me.

17. You guys laugh at the credibility of something just because it's not official... And you also assume this is the only place I've gone to.

I currently have several tabs open, each asking several specific questions because not every source is entirely accurate (even some renowned websites can be inaccurate).

Now, logically, when something like this happens, you ONLY go to the doctor? You don't branch out and ask other pot smokers who might have had the same experience?

Other pot smokers who may have also coughed up blood, gone to the doctors, LEARNED what a better option would have been, and maybe enlighten me so I don't go through the same excessive process he/she did?

In fact, I'd say this website is fairly credible. If I were to find enough people with the same problem, giving me the same solution, what can we conclude?

18. I do have wisdom teeth coming in still that I never got removed... XD

19. or hot cheetos, that does happen, especially if you were too fried last night to even remember lol:smoke:

20. I'm a slight hypochondriac, so I tend to make mountains out of potential medical molehills. I also have wonderful insurance, so I usually think nothing of seeking the advise of a physician if I feel that I have a genuine malady. If you have found what you are looking for and find the information that you've gathered to be beneficial, then more power to you. I apologize for my crassness.