Best friend just hooked up with a girl im still in love with.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ChronicPhonix, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. also i also have no weed and i feel 75% of op's pain

2. That little feeling of betrayal, that is the animosity I speak of. Regardless of what you actually said. You still have no justification to be upset with either of them here.

Not to mention you posted this on a fucking public forum, so if you don't like varying opinions then keep your fucking personal business off of the internet. LOL at your fucking internet threats, how nice that your buddy is so tough. I've yet to meet someone tougher than a bullet :rolleyes:

3. this bowl is for you op. i have not much to say other than you have every right to be upset, what they did was obviously careless and not cool.

4. shit just got real

5. Hardly. Guy's acting like a tool, nbd.

But yeah, I'm still pretty mixed up over it. She's been texting me all morning apologizing but I haven't responded. Haven't talked to my buddy anymore but he could still be asleep from last night. I hate feeling passionate about things or people sometimes.

6. She "said" she had a lot of respect for you (based on your first post) and she completely did away with that. Yeah, they were in an altered state of consciousness but there's a mental restraint if there is enough respect.

She obviously didn't have as much respect for you as she said she did, which I feel justifies you not talking to her. Your friend had the courage to call you and admit he made a big mistake that he regrets deeply. I'm going to assume he was also pretty fucked up, and if so, calling you definitely shows he holds a lot of respect for you as a friend.

Between you and him, act as if it's water under the bridge and move on and continue having a happy friendship. As for your ex, I'd put a little distance right now. But that's just my suggestion, how you live your life is completely up to you. Whatever happens I wish you the best.

7. Well, there's two ways to look at this.

On one hand, you and the girl broke up awhile ago and your friend and her hooked up while under the influence. It's unfair of you to say that he shouldn't be able to do something with her if they both had some sort of feelings for each other. Basically, if a girl and I broke up I'm not going to tell my friend to never go near her because it's not fair to him. For all you and I know, our friends were meant to be with the girl we have feelings for. Also, your friend called you right after he started to sober up and realize what he had done. That honestly shows that he cares about you and doesn't want to hurt you- otherwise, he'd just hide it from you and not worry about your feelings. So don't get mad at him.

Now, on the other hand, obviously you can't fit the full story in one post on a forum. There could have been more words exchanged other than "I won't hook up with him/her". There may have been long, long, late night conversations between you and your friend and he swore to you that he understood your feelings towards her and wouldn't go anywhere near here. Obviously, he would have betrayed your trust in the situation, especially when it became obvious that she meant that much to you. But I'm going to go back to my first point and still say that you just have to get over it. If you really care about both of them, you'd think about their feelings too.

I hope that helps in some way.

8. This thread wont be reopening. Some people like to ignore the rules and go on name calling rampages. I recommend everyone reads them again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.