Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how's your psoriasis after cannabis?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by danczwflowrz, Feb 17, 2012.

1. #1 danczwflowrz, Feb 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2012
    hey people, I wanted to see how everyone else w/ psoriasis is doing after using medical cannabis. i myself completely destroyed psoriasis from my body thru cannabis and direct sunlight.

my story:
    they say you're supposed to have psoriasis for the rest of your life and it's impossible to cure except for a few months at a time before it comes back, but it's been about 7 months since i started smoking and getting sunlight and i haven't seen a red patch since august, and the white patches that come after the redness goes away is all gone- but any person w/ psoriasis loves the whiteness that comes after b/c that means no more scaling! psoriasis is like being a fucking reptile shedding all the time.... anyways

what i did that didn't work:
    -doctor's prescribed different stuff such as vectical at the beginning of the 2011 (i was diagnosed with psoriasis the year before during 2010), which would work for a week then it'd come back terribly and i tried a number of different prescriptions as well as some online herbal remedies. around the height of my psoriasis (just before the summer) i probably had accumulated 15 psoriasis patches on my arms, legs, waist line, back, forehead, scalp, thighs, chest, etc.

what i did that worked:
    -i started at the beginning of the summer smoking about 4-5 times per week (now i try to smoke once a day just in case my psoriasis is still in my system which is supposed to be a long-life disease, but mainly for general health purposes- i find cannabis to keep me more in a natural healthy state, no doubt about that. don't need a chronic disease to benefit)
    -i also found out around the same time i started to smoke more often (i started smoking last feb lightly but not enuf to do much for me and start smoking 4-5 times a week + sunlight intake the beginning of the summer) that sunlight helped quite a bit if i got direct sunlight for at least an hour- i made sure all (or at least most) of my patches were getting direct sunlight for at least 30-60 minutes, 5-6 times per week. eventually the patches that weren't geting much sunlight went away a month or 2 after the others did.
    -by the way, i only bothered to get sun when it was 70-80 degrees (i live in socali). if it was more than 80 degrees i lowered the time i spent outside since i was not using sunscreen and don't want skin cancer. :D it was below 70, i didn't really bother b/c that didn't seem to be enuf

result: i've completely eradicated psoriasis from my body. the sunlight worked faster, but getting direct sunlight to all the patches 5-6 days a week, an hour per day, can be hard when you got work or school. within 1-2 months, the ones that were getting loads of sunlight plus my 4-5 times per week of cannabis intake were 95% gone, then the ones that didn't get much sunlight were gone within 2-3 months.

keep in mind i only just developed psoriasis mid-2010 (my dad has it from time to time, which meant i had psoriasis for only 1 year before i started my sunlight and cannabis use. if you've had it for longer it could be worse than i had it and it might take longer to eradicate.. either way i really wanted to hear other people's stories since it can't just be me who's done this.

2. ididnt have it before i started smoking, or when i started.
    but after several years i got psoriasis and still have it. and still s.w.e.d.
    my excuse is that i dont clean my skin as often as i should. its mostly on my face though.,
    face psoriasis sucks btw..

3. Yeah, it works wonders for sure.:smoke:

I have found that it is some type of allergy to wheat and gluten in my own body. I have major flare ups if I eat too much wheat and grain type food and I smoke a lot of marijuana.:( It does keep it manageable for sure, I'm 44 and had it since I was 17.