Pipe Problem

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by thecpk, Nov 12, 2011.

1. So yesterday I bought a 15$ wooden pipe which I tried and really liked. After I bought it I found out that you can unscrew the bowl from the stem which is pretty cool. Problem is that I woke up today and can't screw the bowl on anymore for some reason. So what should I do. Please don't say to get a new one or to go back to the shop cause I can't. Should I just super glue them together.

2. If you really can't fix it, and are gonna have to try to reattach it, look for this 'MIghty Putty' stuff. Been using it to fix small breaks on pieces for a few years and for short term it works great & much better than any glue.

3. Why do you want some magic answer when you already know it.

Hate to be that guy but, get a new one. You don't want to risk smoking random chemicals and shit over 15$.

4. the problem started with "wooden". get a glass pipe or at the very least, a metal one with good threading so you can attach the bowl back on.

5. Make sure there's nothing blocking the threading. This might be why you can't screw it on. Maybe it has resin in the threads? Do some simple analyzing of the pope and maybe you can figure something out.

6. Might be the resin thing. Do u recommend just taking a toothpick and scrape around.

7. [quote name='"thecpk"']Might be the resin thing. Do u recommend just taking a toothpick and scrape around.[/quote]

Put a little iso on a q-tip, should work well for that. :smoke:

8. ISo?!

9. iso is isopropyl alcohol. the higher the percentage the better.

you can get it for a buck or two at any supermarket, pharmacy etc.

10. Is it ok to use on wood. Do u just put it on a q-tip and just smear it on the two parts that connect the bowl and stem together

11. You don't want to get much of the iso on the wood as alcohol will soften and damage wood. Just dip a q-tip into a shotglass of iso and wipe around the metal threadings.

12. Problem is that I don't think its resin cause I smoked it once and the day after I cOuldnt connect them anymore

13. I hate to say it but I think I'll just super glue it. I'd would love to be able to screw them together but it doesn't seem to.

14. someone figures out a solution

15. Is there a drillhole? You probally stripped the lining on of the hole by taking the bowl out so much.

Uou could probally re-drill a hole the exact size or a bit smaller and the piece should screw right in.

16. i think that the bowl connect part is too big and just sits on the metal screw part of the stem.