Don't buy this $30 spiderman digital vaporizer. [taking apart]

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by svrx2, Nov 3, 2011.

1. #1 svrx2, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2011
    [​IMG]

Hi guys, I am going to share with you some internal pictures I took to my spiderman (there are many other designs) vaporizer. I can't believe these people are using pieces commonly used in very cheap soldering irons. It cost me $30 on ebay but you can also find it on amazon... it comes with a beautiful free plastic grinder. I have no complaint about the grinder because it works very very well. The circuit board is very basic and the heating element is like a card board tube with a resistor around, yeap, just like the soldering irons!!!! I see how those easy vape that costs $50 are very very very superior than this shit that does not even heat well even at its maximum temp... The $50 easy vape has a very complete circuit board and the heating element is made of some kind of inert metal used on factorys, I think it is titanium filled with some king of ceramic, so theres no danger about toxins. Click here to see the $50 easy vape pictures I took some months ago

Well here the pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited: I was right. Vaporizer heating element finally exposed:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. No hate, but what did you expect for $30?

3. I saw 30 dollars and I knew that would be a POS

thanks for taking it apart though, I liked the pics of the inside

4. Well, I am just showing off what is inside this shit. Anyway I will use the case and gonna build my own vaporizer. I will buy an authentic ceramic heating element I saw at ebay ($5) an use a dimmer to control its temperature. There will be no difference with those expensive analog vaporizers that have authentic ceramic element. Pure quality. :smoke:

5. Good job!
    Now hopefully people will think more in depth before pulling the trigger on a cheap ebay vaporizer.

At one point i was going to buy one but decided to spend more and get a quality vaporizer.

6. I don't post too often but this is really useful, hence the post. Just had to say, nice job my man. : )

7. i would refuse to buy any spiderman-themed smoking apparatus just on principle

8. Just buy a Hakko to use with your bong/bowl. You wont regret it... ;)

9. :) I'm gonna buy a ceramic heating element to modify this cheap vaporizer, it only cost about $5

10. Hey man thanks for this insight, and good luck modifying this pos. :smoking:

11. #11 svrx2, Nov 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2011
    Hey guys, I just found that the [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Topoo-Herbal-aromatherapy-vaporizer-VP-100/dp/B0045TBL0U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321955215&sr=8-1"]topoo vaporizer[/ame] has the same poor quality heating element, just like this one. (my cousin has a topoo vaporizer) now He has a vaporite unit, just like me.

[​IMG]

12. Is the Vaporite Solo better than the Easy Vape you took apart?

13. Yea... I would never waste $30 on a vaporizer.

I'd buy a nice spoon or bubbler instead.

14. ^absolutely no relevance to the topic, whatsoever.

15. [quote name='"vashts80"']^absolutely no relevance to the topic, whatsoever.[/quote]

If his post wasn't relevent, then why are your posting something that has to do with his post and not the topic?

16. well then I will appease you and concur with the OP - my topoo vape just broke and lo and behold it is not a ceramic element like the box claims, just like the op showed.

happy now?

17. They are same quality, but something i don't like of vaporite is that it stops the heating once the temperature was reached. It will give you about two shots, then it colds and starts a new cycle of heating. Therefore I think that the easy vape is better than vaporite. Another complaint is that the glass thing of the whip is very short compared to the easy vape whip, it gets overheating.

Wo wo wo, another complaint is that vaporite and easy vape can't remember your last temperature if they were disconnected from the power source.

18. i would still buy it for 30....idk why i just like spiderman

19. Does the Easy Vape perform better than the $30 vape due to the ceramic heating element or do they perform similarly?

20. The original easy vape costs around $50, I bought mine on ebay. The $30 spiderman digital vaporizer does not have ceramic element and its maximun temperature is not high enough to create big loads of "smoke", but gets the job done, althought maybe the heating element may release toxic substances since it uses a heating element very similar to the soldering irons used on electronic which I think is unacceptable.