Who needs glass? Check my McGyver.

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by djcalied, Jul 18, 2011.

1. I started off with just using the pipe, but then (while high) i got crafty and made the McGyver bong, been loving it since. Im sure some of you get the joke :p

Obviously everything needs to be cleaned, but i have no will to do it :/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anybody else have any ghetto rigs to show off? Haha

2. haha nice dude.
    Check out my ghettorigged double chamber.
    i got pretty bored and made this one day

[​IMG]

3. What works, works is what i say haha. Nice glass.

Everytime I consider buying a glass water pipe, I think well that 40$ could go towards more weed... And I still dont have anything glass ;)

4. buying quality glass is really worth it in the long run, you'll definitely notice a difference.

5. Even on the 20-40$ 8 inchers at a local head shop?

6. I've got a pretty cool homemade piece. It's in my sig. But yeah, I too am investing in a decent $100 glass bong. Even after hours of tinkering and making my own bongs XD

7. Thats funny...

I have smoked from home-made and from glass bongs. Never noticed a difference in my high what so ever.

Only been smokin for 17 years though...

Dont get me wrong. Cosmetically speaking a nice glass bong is much nicer, but if u dont have the $$ (or desire) for a glass piece, its really not necessary.

Just my opinion though,...

8. word your lungs will also thank you...also if you like the taste of good herb get some glass not hatin on ya just sayin op:smoke:

9. oh everyones totally got their right to an opinion but I personally feel that I can get a smoother / cleaner hit off my bong then I could off a china made acrylic piece of plastic, not that it wont get you the same high, but it feels better to me.

10. It does taste a lot better and stays cooler when using glass (my buddy has) but ive grown attached to my creation now too lol. I'll get some glass eventually :)

Anyone got any ideas to add to my rig by chance? Haha

11. Bought a cheap 30$ glass bong.

Fucking cat knocked it over so im back to old faithful. -__-

12. best thing about a glass bong is the ice catcher, or you could just put really cold water in the base

13. The people who say glass isnt important havent smoked out a quality bong or bubbler.
    who here can say a plastic pos can hit as nice as this?

Kanaal van JoeBlow522420 - YouTube

or this?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2xJIrFyRZk&playnext=1&list=PL4AB0B3D67EF7D4F5[/ame]

14. theres not a difference in the high, but thats like only a fourth the reason i smoke bud. its about the experience. nothing, i say nothing is better than a sick fucking bong. the weight of it when you pick it up and you can tell its not a china piece of shit, when you form your lips around the smooth cool glass... shit man, iv probably spent more money on glass the last month than bud.

15. I don't like being mistaken for a crack addict, so I probably wouldn't hit that.

16. For all of you saying "there is no difference in the high" between a quality high end percolated piece and a home made has never hit one enough to reap the benefits.

They are designed to make the rip a lot smoother so you can take bigger ones and get a bigger head change. You cannot achieve that with a home made piece. You would be choking to death before you could even come close to the volume you could take out of a properly percolated bong.

Also who wants to be huffing on plastic. If you smoke nice weed you want to be able to taste it in it's purist form, and glass brings that to the table

17. I remember the first time i ripped a real bong, given it was just a straight tube illadelph.. shit almost made me pass out literally, every rip came in a massive wave of highness, still does today, just not nearly as extreme unless im dealing with some real fire

18. That bong would taste like shit. I doubt you could even clean that after each session and it would just fowl any rip. It is unhygienic and gross.

19. dude im a definite bongiver. Ive made five or six serious homeade bongs. the coolest one, in my opinion, was made using tuperware containers like they sell lunchmeat in at a grocery. Stack two of them on top of each other, and connect them with medical tubing. finally put a slide in the top container and a tube out of the bottom one, and you have a two dollar (plus slide) homemade two chamber bong. Hits like a champ too. and dishwashable. dats whatsup.

20. The plastic doesnt get hot in the slightest, so no i'm not huffing on plastic. The heat is contained within the wooden bowl. As for the taste, after i clean the bowl, new downstem (pen tube) and new gatorade bottle, its the same as a glass bong IMO. Glass maybe slightly better, just because its cooler (in temperature).

If i can, ill make a video ripping it. It hits nicer than you'd expect, and yes huge hits can be taken from it no problem. Carb ftw.

I can clean it in 2 seconds, just pop another downstem in there lol. Y'all are just some sort of "elistists" with your glass bongs. Sure they're nice, but this thing works great and is easily cleanable. I often just throw the whole thing away and start anew, fresh and clean.

Just hatin for now reason

That is what up, sounds sick man!