Interesting concept for a new type of waterpipe

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Superjoint, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Piece Pipes by Muse

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppaB_p4WArA]YouTube - ‪Piece Pipes by Muse‬‏[/ame]

What's this about?
    We are two friends living in Louisville, KY. Our names are David Bloemer and Adrian Castueras.
    Together we started a two-person design and engineering company.

We want to share one of the projects we've been working on for the past year. It's a set of unbreakable, easy-to-clean, magnetically connectable water pipes.

About Piece Pipes
    We enjoy a smoke every now and again, but we also love to lead active lifestyles. We run, cycle, rock climb, kayak, snowboard, and skate; these all have one thing in common: aerobics. So we smoke through water filters.

But glass water pipes have some drawbacks. Percolating glass pipes are expensive. They're fragile and difficult to move around. The better the pipe, the more difficult it becomes to clean; which greatly increases the chances of an accidental break.

We knew after owning a glass pipe that we could make something better, so we did. Piece Pipes are made of a material called Perfluoroalkoxy, or PFA. PFA is better known by its DuPont trade name Teflon. It is shatterproof, nonstick and easy to clean, and highly transparent. Piece Pipes come in connectable pieces which snap together magnetically, for a number of reasons: You can customize your pipe, buying only the pieces you want, and connecting them however you like. You can connect your friends' pieces with your own to make a better filter. You can break down your Piece Pipes into the smaller components to move them around, clean them with our snap-on cleaning caps, put them in the dishwasher, or add fresh water and ice.

We spent over a year working on the design and obsessing over details. The bowl has lighter flame notches to facilitate cornering. The bowl cap and ashcatcher stopper are magnetic, so that you can store them on the side of your pipe. You can keep your lighter on the side of your pipe too, so you don't lose it. You can pull the ashcatcher off the base, snap on a stem, and use it as a handheld bubbler. You can exchange between three mouthpieces - an updated traditional straight pipe style, a stem, or a hookah hose. The walls of the base are injected with inert nitrogen gas to insulate it, so that your water stays cold and your tabletop stays dry. You'll find even more features on our website and in the video.

And best of all, Piece Pipes are guaranteed for life. We did a ton of engineering and testing to ensure that our product is extremely durable. If you ever have a problem with your Piece Pipe just ship it back to us and we'll replace it for free. You can also get a full refund within thirty days of receiving your pipe.

If you want to learn more, or want to contact us, you can visit our website. You can find our personal email addresses on the 'Contact Muse' tab.

Visit our website gallery to view renders of our Indiegogo perk packages!

2. Been waiting so long for a new type of peice. None of thats metal right? Looks so sexy though. I want so bad. And i got the first post. Fucking amazing work dude.

3. And where are those gonna be sold. I really want one . Thats a fuckng trip

4. Cool idea, but it doesn't seem very practical for the everyday smoker or noobs. People like their gong :D

5. It's a cool idea dono about the aluminum bowls tho.

6. Looks sexy, now just needs to be all GonG and diffused!

7. This looks awesome! Hopefully it wont be obscenely priced.

8. Holy shit! Message me when you all distribute these I live close to louisville too

9. it's like fuckin legos FOR STONERS!!!!!!!!!

10. Pretty cool idea, I'm not completely sure about the aluminum bowl, but the rest looks solid to me.

11. Let me be the first to say Welcome To The Future.

12. I love the magnetic connection part, be way easier to take apart for cleaning!!!

13. and we can make it as outrageous as we want

14. The magnets would have to be strong otherwise it would lead to problems a lot. If they were strong enough though this would be cool as fuck

15. So can you just forever stack more and more chambers on it until you have like an 8 foot 25 chambered super diffused mega bong?

I also like the Ronald Jenkees being used as the background music haha, people need to get to know his music.....

but... where the hell do you get one of these bongs

16. thats sweet as shit! its like build a bong, but you can constantly change it and add to it! the perc's look sweet! and everything about it is just amazing. I cant wait to buy mine!

17. The idea is great, and honestly i think they could sell a lot.

A few things worry me about there designs though.

Like the rubber stoppers, which eventually will have a caked in smell.

And its not made of glass, who knows how it could smell after 100, 200, or even 300 clean cycles. Maybe even get a cloudiness like old Tupperware.

That being said i love the concept, and would LOVE to try one.

18. neodyniam (or how ever the hell you spell it) are extremly strong magnets. Used in hobby grade RC brushless motors and believe me, they can handle being spun a lot.

19. can't wait to see how this all turns out :D

20. Teflon as a material for a tube? Correct me if im wron, but isn't teflon a porous material? I wouldn't want any sort of plastic or resin in my tubes, let alone completly plastic.

Other than that the engineering looks passable. Much more than I could have come up with. But personally ill stick to my boro