Vapor Bros, Silver Surfer, or Da Buddha?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by panicandrew, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Which do you guys think is best?
    I have a Vapor Brothers with an EZ Change Whip Kit, have had it for just about or just over a year now and really like it.
    It's been on for about 10 hours a day though, for a year, so it's really starting to die on me. My whip is getting really loose too and all the feet have fallen off and such so I was planning on just buying a brand new one because I like it so much.

but, I decided, maybe I'll switch to something else just for a change.
    I remember when I originally bought my vape it was between these 3 that I was choosing from and still hear people say they like the SS or DB more but people say they like their VB more as well so I don't know..

Any SS or DB owners here that have tried a VB care to give their opinion?

2. All three of those are really good whip based vapes and you really wouldn't be making a mistake by getting either one of them.

My preference would be the SSV, but being that you had a VB and you were really happy with it, you may want to just get another one, being that all vapes have their specific quirks and you are already familiar with those in the VB.

But the reason that I prefer the SSV is because it doesn't come with hands free, which I prefer, and it also has a more concentrated air flow to your herb resulting in a bit of a richer, thicker hit than you can get from either the VB or the Buddha. Also the heater angle helps to eliminate any bud that may go into the heater better than either the Buddha or the VB.

But one of the main reasons I like the SSV or the Buddha over the VB is that it has a cleaner air path that just enters glass versus air that is drawn from under the vape like it does in the VB.

But with all that being said, the VB is still an excellent vape. So the bottom line is that any one of the three should serve you well.

3. i like da buddha. SSV is dope too but i prefer hands free out of the box. and they just give me bigger rips with a bong/vape combo than the VB

4. DB if is cost is an issue, if not go with the ssv with hands free

5. #5 lwien, Apr 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2011
    Why? DBV comes with hands free at no additional cost. With the SSV, it's an option. The other thing is that there are many who prefer non-handsfree including myself so making the suggestion that they should automatically go with hands free on an SSV is not necessarily the best advice.

The other thing to consider is that the SSV has a more concentrated airflow that allows for a bit of a thicker, richer hit than the Buddha, but being that it has a more concentrated airflow, one has to manipulate the wand to get an even vape on the bud and a non-hands free vaporizer is more conducive to allow this to happen. With the Buddha, the air flow is more spread out, so this is not as much of a concern.

My advice would be, if one was considering either the Buddha or the SSV is to get the Buddha if you want hands free. If you want a vaporizer that will provide a bit of a thicker, richer hit and you want to be more involved in the vaping process, get the SSV.

6. I've used both the standard whip and the hands free with the ssv and I prefer the convenience of the hands free. You're right about having more control over the hit with the standard whip, but imo, it isn't that much better where I'd want to get rid of the convenience of the hands free.

Note how I said go with the ssv if cost isn't an issue. The ssv with hands free is almost identical to the da buddah functionality wise. That being said I think the ssv is much more aesthetically pleasing and the customization options are limitless. Also, the whip is angled down making it harder to spill weed into the vape.