MFLB vs. Iolite VAPE

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by EVOLVEDlogic, Apr 6, 2011.

1. i know there is probably a thread about this, but i couldn't find it so i figured i could get some input here! :hello:

So opinions on both?! i'm looking to get a personal vape, and am leaning towards the MFLB because it's cheaper, but please.. give me feedback on both by people who own them!
    compare/ contrast! :D
    thanks! :smoke:

2. I have both. MFLB excels in just about about every aspect possible when compared to the Iolite.

Bigger hits with LB. Quicker sessions. Less finicky device. Doesn't make hissing sound. A lot cheaper. Better warranty. etc....

3. And it's nearly half of the price from what I understand

anyone else have any input?

4. #4 jjsmit, Apr 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2011
    yeah pretty much just get the mflb unless you wanna have a camping trip/weekend and vape.. then butane with the iolite is much more convenient than aa batteries with the box..

and search harder you'll get some more info in other threads also check fuckcombustion if you haven't

5. agreed

6. #6 ProfessorDANK, Apr 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2011
    I honestly have no clue why everyone hates on the Iolite Iv had one for almost a year and I love the thing, yes it was more expensive then the mflb but I feel it is worth it, Im not very gentle with my iolite at all and it has had no problems whatsoever.

edit: I feel squirting some butane in it is much more convenient then constantly charging batteries

7. mflb for sure

8. If your going to compare durability then the MFLB wins hands down. Iolite is made from hard and soft plastics. The MFLB is made from hard wood, plexi glass and metal. If you like squirting butane into your smoking device and waiting 2-3 minutes to take a hit then sure. If you like putting a battery into a smoking device and taking a hit in 5 seconds then MFLB is for you. And for people arguing that the MFLB has batteries blah blah, with the money you save from buying the MFLB over the iolite you can buy a PORTABLE CHARGER. end of discussion.

9. I love my iolite. The butane vs batteries makes it more portable imo. The iolite rocks road trips. Smoking in the car to the hotel room.
    I know its expensive but I have never regretted it.
    That being said mflb is a great vape for someone on more of a budget.

10. I have checked fuckcombustion.com, but couldn't really find a compare/contrast.. but I did read up on both of them.

All in all, it seems like the only pro for the iolite is the butane being more portable than the AA batteries, which in my opinion is a small reason why I would choose the iolite over the MFLB; I have many AA batteries, and would rather the vape heat up much faster.

I think i'm going for the MFLB still, but any input is still appreciated.
    thank you for the responses! :)

11. All sorts of fail... First off its vapor not smoke. And how are batteries not portable? I'd rather carry batteries around then butane bottles... MFLB destroys the iolite

12. i've made up my mind; i'm still sticking with my decision to purchase the MFLB.. now the question is: should i order it off of the official site? or on ebay or whatever?

They seem to all have around the same prices ($99.00)

13. Honestly I wouldn't say its thats much more portable using butane vs. batteries. If you just took like 4 or 5 charged batteries then you would have enough charge for quite a while, if you need more than that portable charger is no bigger than a can of butane. Also the MFLB has a wall adapter now, which is nice for if you aren't out and don't have a home base vape.

14. I'm on the MFLB website now, or BlissSville i suppose, and I am going to purchase the $99 kit; should i also get the $4.95 12" Whip?

15. You really don't need the whip, but you could pick it up if you are trying to use it with a bong or think you might do so in the future.

16. i might try the whole bong attachment process. It's online $5 so i figured what the hell.

Thanks for the help everyone!

17. i promise you that you cannot get bigger hits with the MFLB than the iolite....iolite all the way sir.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O90MwsVuaE[/ame]

18. The MFLB is the ultimate portable tool. Its like a quarter of the size of an iolite, too. If you want to use it in your car, I'd recommend getting a power inverter (I use this one...ThinkGeek :: Coffee Cup Power Inverter).

That will allow you to take your battery charger in the car and charge batteries wherever you are. (Itll also allow you to charge your phone without a separate charger, and thats a plus).

But even without that, just get some extra batteries, always have a few charged, you'll always be ready to go.

19. Magic Flight Launch Box.

20. You can always buy more batteries for the MFLB. I have the 2 that came with it and I bought 2- 4 packs of NiHM batteries that work with the charger and the MFLB. I have a little case I keep them in and with all 10 batteries I can vape all day. You can get 4 rechargable Duracells for like $10. But I still like my Extreme the best.