Vapor Bros. vs. Da Buddha vs. Hot Box

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by jackson495, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Hi everyone - new to the boards and to vaporizing. I know this has been discussed in a few posts before but thought I'd start a new current thread since some of the other discussions are getting old. Apologies if this is bad form.

Looking to pick up my very first vape and was hoping to spend about $150. Was all ready to spring for a Hot Box until I saw a few posts saying it was well worth the few extra bucks to spring for a VB or Buddha model. So...between those three models, which one is the best in terms of 1) value, 2) ease of use, and 3) quality of materials (is it flimsy, cheap product, etc.)?

What's best for a vape virgin? Thanks in advance for the help - looking forward to letting you all know what I decide. Cheers.

2. Da Buddha.

Here's my review of the silver Surfer which has the SAME heating component as Da Buddha (Almost the same as Da Buddha in other aspects as well).
    The only difference is that the silver surfer is more customizable, has a downward heating element, and costs more.
    I recommend it HIGHLY.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pI4uvqKsrY]YouTube - Silver Surfer Vaporizer Review[/ame]

3. I got a hot box and it largely goes unused. If you are away from home, however, it is simply INVALUABLE! If you are at home, it is pretty much worthless. I would get a tabletop first.

4. I have a Vapor Brothers vaporizer.
    It's left on, literally, about 6-12 hours a day, and it's been run like that for I'd say the past 9 months. Always at a pretty high heat (personal preference) and it's never given up on me.

I like it more than da buddha and the hotbox, if you look at the vapor brothers.. it's SO sleek and nice looking. Real wood too, looks super nice sitting in your room and doesn't look cheap at all.

I dunno, I've used many other vaporizers and I really like this one.
    I own two others, and I have a 7/13 arm TORO bong but nothing will get as much love as my vapor brother...

5. Da Buddha

I own one, Shipwreck knows what he is talking about he bought that SSV, like he said same heating element just a different form factor, and anyone who uses this will agree it is the best whip vape.

You will not regret it, and the price is good too man anyone who does some research will conclude grabbing one of these, an Arizer if you MUST have the bag function (which is still rather lousy compared to other bag vapes), or the MFLB if you are a pansy with low tolerance who smokes on the go.

6. So I guess to be a "real" man, you have to have a high tolerance?

Fuck me. And here all this time, I thought having a low tolerance is good thing. I must be a real dumbass. :cry:

7. I own a DBV and its been pretty good for me. Definately good bang for your buck plus you can attach the whip to a bong and it just rips. I would steer clear from the hot box just because the temperature isnt variable which kind of sucks.

8. Aha ha ha.
    Don't be so crazy elweyen
    You're not a dumbass...

A man has different tolerances.
    Some are big and some are small.
    But he has a tolerance.
    And thats what makes a 'real' man.

9. And I'm guessing a "real man" carries a DBV, Vapor Bros, Hot Box (over MFLB) for on the go smoking?

10. I'm a happy owner of the Vapor Brothers hands free model. I got the easy change whip kit with it and I love it. It's really easy to use and I think it produces thick tasty vapor. I had a portable unit before this one and much prefer the VB. I also got the 18mm water pipe attachment which is cool if you're into that sort of thing.

If you got the DBV or the VB I'm sure you'll be happy though.