Iolite vs MFLB?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Twist3d, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Which one is better? :D

Why? :p

2. http://forum.grasscity.com/toking-tools/751283-another-mflb-review-few-month-user-now.html

MFLB is better, if you read my post you'll see a lot of the reasons..

a reason its better than the iolite directly.... You dont have to inhale butane, they say its all non combusted or wahtever, but nothing is 100%..

the MFLB uses rechargeable batteries u charge at your house, for free. The iolite uses butane, that you have to get from a store.

Its smaller, better looking, simple, it has a life time warranty, more durable.

I've never used an iolite so i cant say anything good/bad about it.

3. mflb hands down

4. You don't inhale butane with an Iolite.

5. I own both and can honestly say that I dont even use my iolite anymore. The hits from the MFLB are so much more satisfying for me. With the iolite, it took me 15 minutes to vape a bowl and then sometimes double that if I wanted to get really blazed. The MFLB takes me less herb to get where I want to be and a lot less time.

6. #6 Deleted member 180229, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
    having owned both, throwing one away, I would have to say MFLB.

i had a few complaints about the Iolite.

First, is the plastic constructiuon with seemingly no insulation properties. The device gets hot! The mouthpiece/wand is almost useless without the extenders because you burn your lips when you try to take a hard toke!!:(

Second, this thing seems to have a mind of its own, shutting on and off, firing up and then shutting off by itself..its wierd.:eek:

The MFLB is also much easier to clean, having an open tray system.

MFLB hands down!!

It has given me NO problems!!:smoke:

7. For solo use..............I'd say the LB
    For party use.............The Iolite

The reason for this is the same reason why bag vapes are the best home vapes for party situations. They take all the user error out of the equation. Same with the Iolite. It's won't go into combustion regardless how you use it. Not so with the LB, but..........as a personal portable, once you get over the short learning curve, imho, it seems to be the best there is.

8. You don't inhale butane with the iolite at all, even if it wasn't fully burned, because the butane burns in an isolated chamber and is sealed off completely from the herb.

The butane issue is also ridiculous because a $5-10 can of butane would last 6-12 months if used 30 minutes per day. Is a $5/year cost really that much? Your rechargeable batteries may cost much moire than that if you don't take care of them.

I also don't agree the MFLB is better looking, it looks like a 50 cent piece of wood, the Iolite looks like the professionally designed item it is.

9. lol you call that a problem? That's because the Iolite is smart enough to maintain optimal temperature automatically, it turns on and off as needed just like an oven or central heating system. The MFLB just keeps heating full power non stop with no temperature regulation.

10. If you decide on the Iolite Be very careful with the Iolite mouthpiece. I managed to break the d** thing the first time I got hold of one. I'm a medical user and, IMHO the construction of the Iolite is too fragile and fiddly if you have any sort of impairment.

11. another one of these threads?

hands down...MFLB...as the reasons stated above...
    and the reason why i bought it: Lifetime Warranty