Bag-Vape Users! Troy McLure's guide to maximizing your stash with a LASER POINTER!

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Troy McLure, Aug 10, 2010.

1. as a celebration of my 500th post, i thought i'd whip up some nice graphics.

hope some people find this useful!

enjoy!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. OH that's neat, even though I don't use/own a vape.

+rep

3. about how many hits do you get out of each bag??

thought about getting a volcano, but dont know if its worth the $500.

4. Everyone says it worth then money...never tried one but alot of people i know have and they say its the best one out there.

5. fuckin genius

6. There's so many different types of vaporizers that I'm not sure you can pick one best. It really just depends on what you're using it for. Cool guide though man.

7. Holy crap, thanks man, you just inspired my new design for a home-made vape. Imagine if you used a laser diode to vape with :) you could control the power and it would be clean and awsome and look sick.

8. I never thought of that...then again I save all my vaped material (I call it vapor poo) and will, if I'm desperate, re-vape it one or two more times. Mostly I save it up and make either canna butter or glycerin tincture, so NOTHING really goes to waste when I vape.

9. thanks to everyone for the replies!

i think a single bag is about 5-7 hits.

while i haven't tried any other vapes (except the iolite), i can say i'm 100% satisfied with my volcano. best investment into smoking weed ever. ;)

there is another way to check if there is still vapor to be extracted (for every type of vape) - exhale your hits over the bottom part of a lava lamp - the bright light will reveal if there is still vapor.

10. Ive done volcano bags with vapor in it that i can see to the other side, and i see the vapor.. but i made bags that were almost ure white, couldnt see the other die.. according to the directions, it shouldn't be dark, or too light.. am i combusting the weed? I get about 4-5 good solid filled bags like this.,

11. dude, that depends.
    is the vapor very harsh?
    what temp are you using (i use 5 to 5.5)?
    do you find yourself coughing alot?

i think a pure white filling might be a bit too dense. but maybe you are using a ton of bud?
    check out how little i used (in the top left corner of the pic). make sure the weed is ground up nicely (the smaller the better).
    putting too much weed into the chamber and not grinding it properly are IMHO the #1 reasons for waste.

the amount of bags you can pull also depends on the strain. some strains yield many bags while others kinda quit after the 3rd or 4th. but good quality weed should give you at least 6 bags with the amount shown above.

hope this helps

12. My GF and I have been doing this for months. One day we were filling up a bag and I looked over and saw a laser pointer and thought to myself..."hmm, what if I shine it through the bag?" So I did and could see all the vape, it was awesome.

And yeah, using this method you can definitely get more bang for your buck since you're not wasting all the green on 2-3 bags.

Nice thread OP, +rep!

13. I don't understand the point of the laser pointer at all :confused:

14. Haha cool guide man. Now I have to go to the dollar store and buy a laser pointer!

15. You can only see the beam if there are particles.

If you've ever played laser tag, the tend to use dry ice so you can see the beam. At least around here, same principle... But now I want to go play laser tag :D

16. Laser tag is the shit!

17. vapor doesnt seem that harsh, maybe a little...i choke, but not extreme cough up a lung choking off the vape... not 100% used ot it yet...but its not my first time either.
    first bag i did at like 5.5 6 it was light and i could see the other side, but i know there was vapor in it.. than everyone told me to crank it up and make " good bag".. which was mostly white and dense i think.... it wasnt dark or anything, as instructions say not to do that...
    i went up to like 7.5 8 on that bag,, and agian for the next one... the were the same cloudiness, and when i checked the vape filler,, there was plenty of green.. OG kush inside :)

we had a little bit more than half an 1/8th. so maybe a bit too much, but it was fine.,.. i moved the grind around every time i vaped a bag. it was also very ground up, so it was awesome.

thanks

18. WHOA... this laser trick just gave me a crazy idea for my Vape too... Soon as I get a working prototype, I'll post and let you know how it turns out. Def a great idea for measuring the particle density in the bags, which are hard to gauge unless it's uber misty.