RooR vs Weed Star

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by iDemyze420, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Hello, or G'day in my native language.

Going to purchase my first bong in the next few weeks and was wondering about a few things in relation to said purchasing.

Looking at either a cheaper RooR, smaller Rasta or prehaps a blue logo.
    Or a Single Perc Weed Star Messias Illusion...
    Maybe even a cheaper EHLE.
    Money is a factor looking to spend about 80 pounds.

Another thing, are percs worth it, ive never smoked out of one... does it make it harder to pull big bowls or what?

Any input is appreciated. Cheers

iDemyze420

2. Roor...weedstar is low quality copy cats.

oh and theres alot more better glass makers out there then just roor what is high quality.

3. My friend bought a weed star 60cm something or rather and that things pretty nice, its the only glass ive smoked out of. He knocked it off the top of a wine barrel and the diffusor broke, its only probably 3.2 mm glass but for it to fall from that distance and that only to break cant be that bad. and the Messias is 5mm glass...

4. there is no comparison, weedstar is straight shit; and there are many better options than "Roor"

5. There really is no comparison. That being said, it really comes down to what you want to pay. I have a Messias single perc and it is super smooth. There is a slight drag due to being a perc pipe, any perc will give some drag. Perc's do add some extra filtration, cooling and smoothness to your mix though.

6. Roors aren't the gods of glass you know! You could find a nice weedstat like u said or shop around. Soul shine on etsy has nice tubes for cheap $65-$85. Just don't settle on a thin roor when u can get a thicker tube

7. #7 FCFondler, Jul 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2010
    $62.50
    [​IMG]
    +
    $37
    [​IMG]
    $25
    [​IMG]
    = $125 / 82 pounds

but in all fairness, for some unknown reason Ziggi Jackson visited my profile so
    $72 $33 $18
    [​IMG]+[​IMG]+[​IMG]=[​IMG] $122 / 79 pounds
    [​IMG]

8. ^ I bought that, waiting for it to arrive, should be any day now!

Now I don't know *anything* about RooRs, at first I thought they were thick, 7mm or 9mm. Which is why they were supposed to be better than any "crap china" But now I've been hearing they are thin, or is that just the cheapest ones? (if you could call it that)

I always buy my china in 5mm. I haven't been disappointed so far.

I guess all it comes down to, is do you want an expensive, basic, brand name? or do you want an inexpensive, but potentially elaborate, brand name, that may or may not have quality issues.

9. buy American. SYN, MGW, SoulShineFamilyGlass, and HVY are good brands to start at.

dont buy a tree perc unless it meets the following requirements.
    the bottom of the arms should always be open and diffused.
    no less than 4 arms on the tree.
    arms must be reinforced to the up stem, or ideally the bottom of the chamber.
    no more than 2 percs. you actually only need one good one. all tree percs add drag. more percs might look cool but there's going to be more drag than a pride parade.:smoke:

10. Please make us a milk vid when it arrives, I wanna see one of those in action, because the price is RIGHT

11. This entire post= WIN!

12. [​IMG]

13. He is in England, so buy something over there to save shipping costs. But definitely look at the blackleafs on here, but get a Roor if that's your only 2 choices...

14. Between those two, Roor is better overall.

But I would highly reccomend an Ehle tube, they are actually very good quality for a good price. Just don't get any tube taller then 18"

15. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QehqSnq3DE&feature=related]YouTube - SG Sovereignty Pillar Perc (close-up 1)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL06gpSCSF8]YouTube - Unique Jerome Baker - JBD - Illadelph add. - Huge Bong Hit[/ame]

16. Get a higher quality bong dude. Just because your Black Leaf bong is 5mm, doesn't mean that a 3.5mm SYN wouldn't be stronger. A good blower that can blow a 3.5mm thick glass piece is always going to be better than a shitty blower that blows a 5mm thick glass piece.

17. #18 FCFondler, Jul 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2010

roor = poop
    [​IMG]

Purple420 ftw
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEEXwj8y3no"]YouTube- Toro Disc to 13 glassdistrict.com[/ame]

18. First off an 80 pound roor is either fake or very very cheap .us glass probably less than 3.2 mm. Weedstar is meh. I've heard good and bad things. It's great that they're attempting to make cheaper glass innovative, but without some serious quality control changes its not worth it in my book. EHLE makes a GREAT bong for the price. However, I would also consider SYN and HVY. Both make great bongs for less that 80 US and surely less than 80 pounds.

19. SYN doesnt make a good bong until $255
    http://www.grasscity.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/302x/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/2/0/2010-05-28-64-Edit.jpg
    best thing below that is a showerhead a/c
    $175
    http://www.grasscity.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/302x/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/A/L/ALT-06-24-10-217_1.jpg