Official Chillum Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Neptune Bassist, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Honestly i enjoy a good chillum. But in my opinion they don't get the respect that they deserve. Shall we give them a hand? :smoke:

2. Here's mine
    [​IMG]

3. nice! i like the colors

4. chillums are great for the summer to smoke lying fully back haha

5. Here's my Ch-ILLADELPH!

[​IMG]

6. #6 dumped43, Apr 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2010
    i fuckin love the illadelph chillums. i just picked up a chillum myself last week, fuckn love em too. excellent thread. will take a pic of mine now

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. ^^^^ that's dope as hell.

I've definitely never seen one of those before. Are they rare?

8. Yea i'm liking this one! :hello:

9. Wow I want one of those Illadelph's, where'd you get it? Both my chillums I loved and always used them snowboarding. Broke both of them though.

10. Mine:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNA_jkQQJqM]YouTube - Honeycomb dichro opal 1E[/ame]

11. I had a chillum, and it was awesome (alothough I was smoking it wrong the whole time lol) but it was smashed by my dad's sledgehammer :( RIP

12. How on earth were you smoking it wrong??

13. Since this is an appreciation thread I thought I might throw out this bit of history from a book I'm reading at the moment

"Two sorts of pipe evolved, one delivering the smoke directly, the other indirectly. The former, made of clay, was similar to an ordinary tobacco pipe but with a pebble halfway along the stem to prevent the ignited ash from being inhaled. To cool the smoke, which is hotter and coarser than that of tobacco, a filter consisting of a damp cloth was sometimes held over the mouthpiece. In India, the pipe was known as a chillim (sometimes spelt chillum or chillam) which derived from the Hindi chilam, meaning a chalice. Cannabis pipes today are sometimes known as chillums and have given rise to the colloquialism ' chill out', meaning to take it easy and relax."

From Martin Booth's, "Cannabis, a history".

:smoke:

14. [quote name='longhorns2422']Since this is an appreciation thread I thought I might throw out this bit of history from a book I'm reading at the moment

"Two sorts of pipe evolved, one delivering the smoke directly, the other indirectly. The former, made of clay, was similar to an ordinary tobacco pipe but with a pebble halfway along the stem to prevent the ignited ash from being inhaled. To cool the smoke, which is hotter and coarser than that of tobacco, a filter consisting of a damp cloth was sometimes held over the mouthpiece. In India, the pipe was known as a chillim (sometimes spelt chillum or chillam) which derived from the Hindi chilam, meaning a chalice. Cannabis pipes today are sometimes known as chillums and have given rise to the colloquialism ' chill out', meaning to take it easy and relax."

From Martin Booth's, "Cannabis, a history".

:smoke:[/QUOTE
    +rep for that:hello:

15. You're supposed to smoke it by cupping your hands to cool off the smoke:

[​IMG]

Most people just put it to their lips and light that shit up (honestly, its easier that way).

16. I had a small one for like five years that fit perfectly between my knuckles, and would get heated just right... I miss zoning out outside on a cool night with it in my hand...

I like straight-hitting pipes the most now after getting so used to that thing

17. My first piece was a chillum and was also sadly smashed : (. Chillums are the shit, they really save your bud

18. Yes! What a thread, here's mine!

[​IMG]

Two

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. heres mine, the first one was my first pipe ever and was 4$, the second one i bought for 25$ and is nice and thick like a cigar made outta glass.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. chrondon - i really like your chillum. fuckin dope!