IOLITE vs. Launch Box

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by ImAsweatyBoy, Mar 4, 2010.

1. well i want to know anyones opinion on witch they prefer
    im in the market for a portable vape but not sure witch to go with.
    so please GC, help me out

2. Fuckcombustion.com

My opinion: Launch Box by far.

3. They pretty much both get the job done evenly. The question is do you have the extra money to pay for the convenience of the iolite.

4. Get the purple days. I have it and I'm absolutely in love, it was completely worth the wait. Makes a gram stretch for a week of daily vaping. It comes with a car adapter as well and is extremely durable (meaning I've dropped it as well as the bowls PLENTY of times and no bad has come out of it)

5. well glad to hear your opinions
    lets keep them coming

6. I would say the Launch Box. It works great, it is more simple, and it costs way less. The Iolite is a nice concept but the mouth pieces are prone to cracking and you need to buy high quality butane to keep it running well. The launch box, on the other hand, is incredibly simple. It is just a wooden box with some very basic electronics in it. I can't see how you could ever break one unless you do something incredibly stupid. I know two people who have them and they are very satisfied.

7. I have an iolite, but i've used both. If its just for personal use, i'd say launchbox, but if you want more than one person to be able to use it id say get the iolite...

But also at the same time, i find that the iolite gives me better hits than the launchbox.... To each his own i suppose

8. Launch Box simplicity at its finest. Lifetime functional warranty. and no butane to mess with just recharge a AA or two. For the price of an iolite you can get a Launch box and a life time supply of hybrid NiMh rechargeables.

9. I have an Iolite. Get the LaunchBox.

10. The OP is asking about a portable. Unless you have a VERY long cord, I couldn't see walking around the park or going into a movie with a PD. :p

11. I think he was planning on using a current bush :smoke:

12. How is the iolite though for the people that do have one?

13. I have one and I wish I didn't buy it. Maybe for $50 or something but it was $250 and supposed to be the greatest thing in the world according to people. Yeah, it's portable, but having to load the bowl over and over just to catch a tiny buzz isn't worth it.

14. I had one and didn't like it. That's why I sold it. Didn't like the taste. Didn't like the hits. Didn't like that it was finicky at altitude or finicky about ambient temps. Didn't like that it melted the stems. Didn't like the high failure rate and problems that were experienced by other users. Didn't like how the bowl was attached to the unit and could spill your bud all over the place. Didn't like the hissing sound it made when trying to use it stealthily in a quiet environment.

For me, I like the Launch Box a whole bunch better for personal use, but............if one were to want a vape that they could use as a portable amongst a group of people, the Iolite would be it.

15. I looooove my Iolite. I use it every day.
    It's worth every penny in my opinion.

I actually took a 7-11 Big Gulp cup and put the Iolite inside, and stick the mouthpiece up the straw so I can toke while I drive and in public. :cool:

Though, I did have to make a new mouthpiece.
    I used a metal Zebra pen body, and luckily that fit right in there, then put a piece of tubing and a mouthpiece from a hookah on the pen body, and it works 100 times better.
    More airflow, big ass rips.

16. Your weed must suck bro, haha. One pack in my Iolite does the trick quite well.

Didn't like the TASTE?? WTF?!!! What were you smoking in there? Regs?
    What was wrong with the hits? Too small? Should have drawn breath slower.
    Never had an altitude or temperature problem with mine.
    My "bowl" clicks in to the unit pretty nicely, I've never spilled bud.
    I will agree that it's a little too loud when the butane cycles.

17. got one... 3 days later BROKEN. Tempted to go to Ireland and beat some ass.

18. I think I got the best Iolite ever made :laughing:

19. /thread

20. Yup. You can go over to the FC site and see tons of people that have had issues with their Iolites. Considering the price, there are much better options.