Da Buddha vs. Vapor Bros.

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by skinsfan1214, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Hey guys,

I've been smoking from almost exclusively glass for a few months now, and I am thinking that I should probably start moving on to vaporizers soon, to help conserve bud.

I've done a lot of research online and read a lot of posts in here and it seems like the best is the Volcano, but that's too damn expensive. The two "cheaper" ones that I've heard the best about were Da Buddha and Vapor Brothers.

Do any of you have a preference between these two, or even prefer another brand? If so, I would greatly appreciate input.

Thanks and happy toking

2. I was doing research on them too, and from what I can tell the Da Buddha is one of the best vapes you can buy regardless of price. I ordered one off ebay, I'm still waiting for it because it got delievered to my mom's house on account of my move at the beginning of the month.

3. I suggest smoking a lot blunts before getting a vape. It'll chill you out and help you respect your tolerance.

As for which one to choose; I've heard great things about volcano's; so far as to say that they are the best out there. Between the two listed, I'd have to say the vapor brothers would be the best choice. Da Buddha just seems like an overpriced gimmick. I think the vapor brother's model actually started as a medicinal instrument too. Good luck either way.

4. Volcano the best?
    Da Buddha an overpriced gimmick?
    VaporBros started out as a medicinal instrument?

I don't think that I've seen 3 false statements made in such a short period of time in my life. :rolleyes::D

5. qft :bongin:

6. I've never used a vaporbros before but I bought da buddha about a month ago and I love it. It was by far my best 170 dollars spent ever. You have to do a little tinkering to find the right temperature but once you got it right, it hits so hard and nice. I assure you that you will get so high off one bowl. It might not conserve as well as vaporbros because of the big hits but you still conserve a lot compared to smoking a bowl. Mine was shipped fairly quickly and they sent everything it was suppose to come with, including the too cool hemp bag it is stored in. Overall I love my Da Buddha but i've never used any other vaporizer so I do not know what I am missing.

7. Da Buddha's a great vape, st0rm. Good choice in a vape. The only things that you may miss is the increased efficiency of some other vapes out there (VaporBros not being one of them), the ease of use of a bag type vape in party situations, and the portability of using a vape when you're out and about, but other than that, there aren't many other vapes out there that can give you those thick, rich bong like rips that a good whip based vape like the Buddha can offer up. In that department, the only 2 other vapes that would give the Buddha a run for it's money would be the Silver Surfer and the VripTech Heat Wand.

Da Buddha's a great vape, st0rm. Enjoy.................

8. ^^Seconded. A great vape, extremely solid. I have no regrets whatsoever about buying it. In fact, I wish I'd spent a little more up front and bought more screens and at least two more sets of tubing.

9. Okay, it looks like the most popular opinion here is that both are good but DBV is better. I think I'm gonna buy a DBV. I won't be making the purchase for probably another few weeks, so anyone from the VaporBros side of this argument, feel free to speak up.

Thanks everyone for your input so far.

10. DBV hands down over a Vapor Bros, IMO!!!

-tdark1

P.S. - lwien what do you think of the new Extreme-Q's?

11. Looks like they made some great improvements. One of the downsides of the older design was that there were many who complained of breakage due to minor falls due to all the glass parts and how it was put together. They've always had great customer service so they always took care of these issues but fixing these units under warranty was costing them more money than they wanted, so they improved that aspect of it and I would imagine that it was a major catalyst in them coming out with a new and improved Extreme. Sure do like the looks of it better. Heard you put your order in for one. Would love to hear a review from ya.

12. Sure thing. Anyone who puts Jimi in their sig DESERVES input. :)

13. For sure, I'll compare it to my Vapor Tower side by side, then to various other vapes I've toked on! I'd really like a PD, but 4 months is killer!! I heard you have had great results with yours, with only a limited amount of material. I've read about them, can you get a nice thick vapor rip off the PD unit?

-tdark1

14. I've only ever used a VB, and I loved it. It also looks awesome in the black. I don't know about Da Buddha but VB has a lifetime warranty, and uses a natural ceramic heating element.

15. got the buddha christmas and it is the shit!

16. I personally rock DBV and love it, go over to fuckcombustion.com they will have plenty of info for you. If you have time to waste I would look into the purple days as well, it totally depends on if your a social vap kinda guy or if you vape alone a lot either way the PD is good for like two people I use DBV with my buddies all the time and its a great piece. Good luck dude:wave:

17. Only ever used a Vapor Bros and cheap China-made digital sets (I own one and am happily toking on my Vaporite right now lol), but I put some good time in on my friend's Vapor Bros unit and was very impressed with it.

He never ran it much past half heat setting which I think is too low, but it would still deliver lots of thick milky hits off of good bud. It toasted the bud fairly evenly although bud around the edges would still be a little less cooked and we did usually stir each bowl a couple of times.

Positives to the Vapor Bros are appearance (doesn't really attract much attention or make you look like a stoner) and warranty (lifetime, plus they are located in cali).

Another vape to look at if you haven't already is the iolite, it's portable, about the size of an ipod with a straw, and runs on butane but produces no flame. Some people say they don't get hot enough and this might be a concern depending on where you normally run your temps, but it still definitely gets hot enough to get you blazed according to all users, and it is another product that won't make you look like a stoner to any non-savvy onlookers (aka you could take it anywhere).

And whichever way you go, if you have a glass bong get an adapter so you can hit the vape through it. It's kind of more fun, a lot cooler/smoother feeling, and I think it gets you more blazed.

18. It's not REALLY a lifetime warranty, 'cause to me, a lifetime warranty means that if anything should go wrong with the vape, they will fix it for free for as long as I own it. That's not what they do.

19. Not really. The vape is designed for efficiency. Nice thick vapor rips comes at the expense of efficiency and visa versa. With that being said, typically, I can get about 4 hits from one bowl, but if I hook it up with my bong, I can get a huge rip and empty out that bowl in one and half hits. Lots of vids on youtube showing vapor hits from a PD. Ya may want to take a look-see.