Vaporizer: Full Review: Vaporizer Extreme Edition 3.0 From Arizer

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by itsmeddp, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Hi My name is Justin.

Before reading my review, please take a moment to familiarize yourself my experience with herbs and vaporizers so you can determine whether my review is accurate from your perspective. And please don't waste your time attacking me. This forum is for adults not kids so only put in your two cents if you have something worth saying please.

Me: I'm 30 years old and just starting smoking one year ago (today is 12-26-09). Never tried it before then. I started smoking literally to cope with stress, depression, and all that other good stuff. Plus I wanted to see what all the hub bub was about.

As a side note, I am a "super light weight"... just a few pulls and i am flying high. Mainly b/c I'm still new to this plus I only get the best and purest stuff on the market (and I am not just saying this… I know for fact!)

Also I was fortunate enough to have several major pot head friends that are fully functional individuals in society making 100K+ a year, wife kids, etc.... see, if you have self control you can still function unlike those stupid commercials with their feeble attempt to scare the kids... but I digress!

Anyhoot back to business.

For about 10 months out of the mere 12 that i have been smoking, i was smoking only joints in my car with the windows open. Though I always got very high off a few pulls it was only if my friends rolled, b/c my rolls are hit or miss.

Also as I briefly mentioned, my suppliers and friends only get the cleanest and best stuff so I only had one or two encounters with crappy weed or sprayed crap. I lived in NYC (now in NJ) and the only types of weed we get in NY regularly is KUSH (about 3 different strains) and sour diesel which is a bit harder to come by. So what I am saying is from day one, I only had the best stuff and the best friends to guide me on this new journey in utopia! Oh and if your curious what we pay.. Kush $60 for 1/8 of an ounce, Sour Diesel $70 1/8. Anything cheaper in NYC don't waste your time.

Anyway, I did all my research and decided to stop with the joints for health reasons and b/c of my bad rolls go for the vaporizer. I should also state (and I am not bragging) that I make very good money like my friends so price was not a concern (but paying $500-600 for a volcano was just out of the question.. just b/c you have money doesn't mean you piss it away.)

After endless research, it seemed like the Vaporizer Extreme Edition (Version 3.0) was the way to go. The main difference between its early models from what I can tell is this one has the fan option, remote control and a couple of other windings.
    And boy was I right on the money with this little bad boy!

Also I should note, I don't work for any companies (this will be obvious once you read the entire review).

I have now used it for about 3 weeks straight (I smoke ONCE every night at midnight, 6-7 days a week) and in my honest opinion, this vaporizer is a 9.5 out of 10... I have limited experience with vapes (tried the vapolution from a friend which I honestly did not care for much, for several reasons but I am not getting into that.)

So here is the deal with the Vaporizer Extreme:

Let's start with Out of the box:

1. A million pieces (appears overwhelming but once familiar with it, it's no big deal).

2. The instructions suck balls (especially b/c I am a newbie) but after several attempts of reading the broken English (being it's made in Canada it was probably translated from French to English), it was a lot easier to use then described within.

3. You basically have two (technically three) options to vape....

1A. A manual whip (i.e. medical tubing) with a glass connector on the other end. That glass end literally slips into the piece that holds the herb, called the cyclone bowl. You put a drop of herb in the cyclone bowl and then put it on top of the unit itself where the heater is and simply inhale.

1b. Fan and whip- You can turn on the fan which has 3 settings and let it do most of the work for you as it basically it blows the vapors through the tubing into your mouth and you simply give a few light pulls... I later discovered this is my favorite way to use this device as it allows you to get a nice even pull. Be careful if you're new to vaping... this isn't a joint. Don't pull too hard and not more then 3-5 seconds pulls otherwise you be coughing so hard you will literally feel the capillaries breaking in your head and your eyes bulge out of your sockets! This took me about 3 times to get use to and now I no longer have this problem.

**After much research many folks said to set the temp between 480-490F or so on any vape... but others are now telling me to drop lower it to the 380F range but let me tell you.... the temperature I keep it on works wonders for me but I will experiment.

3. The last option is the balloon bag which is basically a high quality variation of a produce bag (you know... the type you use at the supermarket when you are picking apples and you rip the bag off the roll)... . you attach the bag to a small glass 3 inch “mini pipe” that goes "inside the bag" meaning you shove it about 2 inches into the mouth of the bag... then you use o-rings (rubber washers included like the ones in your hose) to "hold" the bag around the glass blow piece as well as keep any leakage from occurring. Turn on the fan and pull it off when the bag is full (put your thumb over the glass piece but you won't lose much though), and enjoy. I'm not crazy about the bag but it's still good. One of the things that turned me onto this unit was b/c it did bags and whips. Again, I need to experiment more with the bag to see what the hype is as I only used it twice.

Glass on glass structure- healthiest way to vape.
    Easy setup for the whip (but the bag is an f'n pain in the ass with the rubber o-rings.. but you only set it up once and the bags I am guessing will last a long time..this is something they could have improved very easily if they hired a "thinker").

Anyway, here is what i like about the unit:
    PROS:
    1. All vapes extend the "life" of the herb- my average joint (the herb) was 0.3 grams... imagine smoking 0.1 or 0.2 grams and getting to “use it” 3 times or so until it's dead. basically you use 1/3 the amount of herb you would have smoked just by using the vape instead. This will save you a ton of money and the unit will pay for itself in probably less than a year.

2. the smell is almost non-existent- I never smoked a joint in the house b/c my girlfriend is the anti-christ of weed but with the vape, i smoke in the house, and within 45 minutes the smell is totally gone, even with sour diesel which is stinky as hell... this makes the unit worth its weight in gold b/c its 18 degrees outside on average at night so now i do it in the house without any compromises (just open the window and smoke by it and your fine!). I guess I could blow up a bag and take it outside…. ??

3. The unit is lightweight and the glass is "brostoline" which is supposedly the thickest and most resistant glass out there. It also comes with a cheesy "poker/masher" to break up the herb and to clean out the filters a bit in between puffs. it helps.

4. The remote control which I first thought was bullshit is actually somewhat a necessity because if you are using the fan option, you can choose low, medium or high from the remote... then turn it off in between pulls. If you try to do turn it off from the unit itself, it's a pain in the ass b/c you have to press the button about 7 times until you get to the fan option, so don't lose the remote! Again the fan option with the whip is my personal favorite.

5. Blue LED lights and LCD on the unit- I am more about Function of Form, not form over function so i can care less about the lights but the LCD screen is nice so you know when you are ready to go and what speed the fan is on.

6. Temp settings- the company CLEARY STATES in the manual that the temperature shown on screen is the heating core element and not the weed's temp so folks, please stop repeating this over and over in every thread... again I am not sure what is the ideal temp but i am in the 480-490 FARENHEIT and i am loving it.

7. I almost never cough once i learned the how to use the whip/bag properly (as mentioned earlier).

8. 2 minute heat up time! 480F degrees in 2 minutes! Wow! Amazing!

9. Battery option- the company does a poor job pushing their accessories but i later discovered on my own you can buy a battery pack for about $80-100 and make the unit portable.. Have not bought this yet but when summer comes, I am def buying this so i can smoke outside.

CONS: (only one)

The only thing that drives me nuts with this unit is the constant cleaning of the metal screen (the screen that is placed inside the little tiny glass piece that is attached to the medical tubing whip... it does clog a lot, but again, not the end of the world.)

Oh and the other thing is they say there is an alarm to let you know when the machine reaches desired temp. i have the audio setting ON But the alarm is not audible... there is a red light that flahses....that's what they call the alarm! again no big deal b/c its ready to go in 2 minutes so if you can't wait two minutes, that's your problem!

They suggest to preheat the herbs buy putting them in while the unit heats up.. I guess it helps but not sure.
    HIGHER OFF A VAPE v.s traditional methods:
    There is so much debate over this issues but I believe the answer is YES you do for two reasons:
    1. Higher temps release more pure THC
    2. The hits are always constant unlike a poorly rolled joing or a shitty bong or water pipe.
    3. I believe this is why I get much more high on the vape then other methods.

PLEASE COMMENT:
    If I left anything out at all that you would like to add or if you have any questions at all please contact me. Again I only want to chat with experienced individuals or newbies who truly enjoy this outlet of relaxation that have questions or simply want to trade knowledge with this newbie who was lucky enough to be schooled by the elite.

Thanks and I really hoped this helped everything.

Ps. I did not pay $300 for the unit which seems to be the asking price everywhere. I bought it from a guy (BRAND NEW) on ebay and I noticed many vendors selling on ebay have an option enable that says "best offer".... basically you make them an offer and they either accept our counter just like buying a house. I first offered him $229 and he can back with 265.. then I contacted him under another name and offered him $249 with free shipping and he went for it. My guess is they buy these wholesale for $185-$200 and make $50-$75 give or take.

I can give you the guys user name if you want but I didn't post it here because I did not want to seem as if I was the advertiser or a shop but if you pm me, i will do so.

Hope this helps and again I anticipate and openly welcome questions or folks who just want to chat!

Thanks to Arizer for making a wonderful product!

Justin

• Like Like x 1
  2. thanks for posting this! i just picked one up for 220 from a friend.... I had been looking for a vape for a while and was probably just going to get a low grade one to try it out for a while... but when i came across this extreme for so cheap i just couldnt pass it up.

personally, I just use it on the celsius, and i put it at about 210*C for my first pulls or bag and then i slowly increase it.

nice review~

3. hey nice thorough review man. sounds like you have a good piece of equipment there. i bought a shitty vape and it makes me wish i actually spent some research and time into getting a nice one. anyway, you should post some pics of the product, because i don't think i've ever seen this one.

4. Great review........

5. Hi All.. thanks for the positive feedback as well as offering a suggestion on the correct / optimal temperature settings. i will definitely try it out.

I am pretty high now... but just wanted to chat about a new weed (new weed to me...)

Has anyone heard of "Trainwreck or Trainwreck Kush?

I smoked this in my vape and took about 7 pulls or so.

its a pretty strong high (7 out of 10) but i have had much stronger highs with sour diesels and regular kush.

any input on the trainwreck please reply!

Thanks.

6. congrats up picking up this kick ass equip at a great price!

7. Trainwreck is a type of strain. Heres a picture and user review:

Trainwreck | "Honest and Accurate"

8. Hello brotha,

Very nice review. I can say that I have had some good times with this little machine. I met a guy on here and he was an Arizer rep and got it to me for $230 shipped. My roommates were buying it and it was really the first vape that I had access to and used on the regular. I thought it was a great little machine, we really love it. Funny that you love that whip option, I never use it at all. I always feel that I get better hits from the bag so we usually use the bag option.

I would like to add three things:

1. It was interesting to hear that you vape around 480F because I am much much lower around 365-385F. Marijuana first starts to vaporizer at 365. Even down at that temperature, with the fan speed at 3 and the bag attachment, we will get very milky bags full of thick vapor. I feel like maybe you are combusting your herb around that temperature, but I don't know for sure.

2. Also that yours warms up in 2 minutes. Well, when I was doing some research and learning about the device before it came I was reading and told that it is best to let the machine warm up ten minutes alone without the bowl on top of it, and then after the it has been ten minutes you can put the bowl on with the marijuana in it and let it "cook" the marijuana first before starting and then at twenty minutes we would start to vaporize and blow the bag up on fan speed three and I would say get about 4-5 bags from it, getting about four of us pretty high with some good quality marijuana.

3. The screen thing you mention is SUCH a pain, and I know exactly what your going through. Because those little screens do get SO dirty so quick from the resin. And it really is a draw back because it is so sticky and it is very hard to scrape out and clean. But listen brotha because I found a really good thing that I used that helped. There truly are two options you have hear, one cheaper then the other. I have attached images of both below so you can see what your looking for. The first option which is what I discovered is that if you go to Walmart and get some First Aid Antiseptic 91% Isopropyl Alcohol. It comes in 32 fl oz. and 16 fl oz. sizes. The 32 fl oz. one is around $2.75 (I use it to clean my bong), but what I did was pour some of it into a cup and then dropped the screen in the cup and left it in there for no more then maybe six hours (I was just inpatient and wanted to see if it would work, but I would suggest leaving it in there over night) and when I came back and took it out the screen was defiantly noticeably cleaner. Like almost to brand new. Parts of it looked brand new, I would say about 65-75% of it was looking brand new but some of it was still looking dirty. That is the cheaper way to do it but also they make this stuff called Grunge Off. I don't know if you have heard of it but it is used to clean bowls and stuff and that stuff is a little bit more expensive and has to be ordered online unless you have a head shop around you that sells it. I haven't tried this method but when thinking of my method I thought of the product Grunge Off, and thought that it could work to because it lifts resin also from glass so there is no reason why it couldn't do it from the little metal screens. The good thing about this is that it is reusable, so you can reuse the little amount you use and pour it back into the big bottle and you can do this up to six months. When using the Grunge Off thought it tells you to leave it in there over night, or maybe in your case just all day long since you vape at night, or even after a session one night you could leave it in a cup and come back that night to a clean new screen. But I mean with the little amount you would be using the clean those little screens you might as well just spend three bucks at Walmart but that is just my opinion.

I have pulled a chair up to this thread, and would love to talk more about the little V-Tower device. I got a Volcano for Christmas so I am figuring that out and getting a little more familiar with the vaporizing world.

Happy Vapin' Brotha! :wave:

Attached Files:

9. PS. PICS IN NEXT POST

Hi Ismoker and everyone else.

As always, thank you for your input!.

Great to see that not all potties are too lazy to post!

I will definitely post some pics in a few minutes of Trainwreck and using the pics at this link that the other user provided at this link Trainwreck | "Honest and Accurate") we will see if it matches up.

Ii think my wreck looks similar but not 100% sure... what do you think? Now I understand there are so many fucked up strains , you just never know what your getting!

just a couple of comments / ideas on your post, Ismoker.

1. Yes, i am going to lower the temp to what you suggested b/c i believe the 485 is way too high as well

2. Funny you mentioned the cleaning methods... i had the same in mind. Remember the filters are tiny so i think if you use rubbing alcohol (or better yet, minerals spirits) and a cheap tooth brush , that would clean it out easily, i bet you would only have to soak if for about 20 minutes or so using that method.) my nickname is McGuyver (well... some of things i come up with, i make mcGuyver look like an amateur).

3. The pre-heating- Couldn't agree with you more and i will tell you why.Lately i have been inpatient and only waiting until the red light flashes, indicating its ready to go (which is 2 minutes)... but the highs the past few nights were strong but not the strongest... then again, the TRAINWRECK weed i got may or may have been the type that was described in the other users posts (scroll up!) But i have a feeling you are correct.

I will try this tonight to the tee and see what you suggest.

one question though... after you let it heat up for 10 minutes without the cyclone/weed, and then you put the weed in, how long do you then let it warm up with the weed inside. Also, i am assuming not to turn on the fan at this point, correct?

Thanks again to all and it would be great to hear comments from you and everyone else!

Thanks!
    Justin.

PICS IN NEXT POST

10. Here are the pics. I currently have FOUR types of weed. These are the names my dealer told me that he sold.

Is anyone good at looking at weed and determining what it is?

What does everyone think the weeds in this pic are (for real
    if they are incorrect).

Oh by the way ismoker, i did the "warmup" on the vape this time and set the temp to 385F. i am much higher now. Thank you for the great advice!

very high now so must run!

Thanks!

Attached Files:

• weeds.jpg
      weeds.jpg
      File size:
      557.5 KB
      Views:
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      660.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      953 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      779.1 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      839.6 KB
      Views:
  11. Does anyone know about a good case to hold this unit? I don't think there is an official one but I'm sure some of you keep it in some sort of a case.

12. If anyone on here wants a new extreme, just send me a PM. I sold one to ismoker and a few others, so they can vouch for me

13. Hello Brotha,

Glad to see you are starting to lower the temperatures. When waiting for the V Tower to get here I was researching everything on the internet and trying to learn about vaporizing so that I could be doing it right. I came across with article (CA NORML Health Information) and it says that marijuana first starts to vaporizer at around 365F. So what I tend to usually do is start around there because your getting a very clean, only vapor hit which is very healthy, and then once the cannabis starts to get a little low on THC content then I turn the temperature up but really never going above 400F. This is just what I read, and what has been working the best for us.

As for the preheating, keep doing that. Basically you want to "cook" the cannabis before you start to vaporize. Because the cannabis won't automatically vaporize right when you put the bowl on top, you have to give time for the cannabis heat up. So I have been told to let the machine heat up WITHOUT the bowl on top for ten minutes, and then after ten minutes put the bowl on top WITH the cannabis in it, but do not turn any fan on or anything, just let it sit there for another ten minutes until you reach twenty minutes and then around twenty minutes you are ready to vaporize. I know that this is a long time, but if your patient then it is all worth it. We usually will plan ahead and start the warming up a little bit before we want to vaporize. This has helped us a lot and like I said I only use the bag, but I have been getting very high and getting thick bags of vapor.

This is a site that found when I first got the machine, and it has a lot of good information on it about the V Tower so read that.

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/How_To_Use_The_Extreme_Vaporizer

And also go over to Fuck Combustion - Vaporizer Forum. They are a VAPORIZER ONLY forum, that has TONS and TONS of information on all the vaporizers. They have a really strong group of people with the V Tower and a bunch of good threads on it. So if you have some time wander around both those websites and do some reading. My roommates have only had theirs for a little bit so we still have plenty of exploring to do. I have heard you can really get different effects from different temperatures so that is why I love reading and learning and trying new things.

Yes, I can vouch for LiquidDreams. I did buy my V Tower Extreme from him and he was very helpful and always responded to all my emails and PMs. So anyone who is looking for a V Tower go to LiquidDreams, because he is a nice and trusted worth guy.

Take it easy folks...

14. #14 itsmeddp, Jan 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2010
    Can't say that i have an answer for you but here is an idea. if you go to staples (and i think i saw them in walmart as well or online), there is a metal/plastic case made by a company called Vaultz. its slightly padded and i think it will serve well if they have one that can handle the size of the vape.

here is a sample (this one is too small but just showing you all)

Vaultz VZ01047 CD/DVD Locking Storage Vault -  CD & DVD Cases & Gig Bags -  DJ Cases & Gig Bags -  Cases, Covers, & Bags -  Accessories -  PSSL.com

hope this helps.

ps. was everyone able to open my pictures of the herb and vape? i wasn't sure if i did it right as i dont use bulletin boards/blogs much.

thanks.

15. how long dose it take the bag to fill up?

16. Ismoker. thanks for info as always and thanks for the links. its hard to find good link especially b/c i am still a newbie.

happy new year to all. i am sure you doing have to guess what I am doing when the clock hits midnight.... hint... i am already preheating the oven if you catch my drift!

17. hi all. Ifollowed the links that you all sent me and all I can say is thank you very much!

I let the vape run 20 minutes to warm up then another 20 with the weed on top of unit.

i used the bag but here is what i did different, i set it to fan speed number 1. I did this b/c fan speed number 2 and three i believe are too fast which is why you don't get proper airflow / vaping. Anyway, after doing this and about 5 pulls later, i was wrecked off the so called purple haze! the bag filled with a nice medium dense (smokey but not too thick) vapor.

Thank you again to all and especially ismoker and the rest of you that provided those great links.

time to smoke!!

oh by the way... is there a book out that tells you everything you need to know about weed (I only seem to be able to find books on how to grow and this is not something I am currently interested in).

thanks.

18. I would say about 45-60 seconds. keep it on speed 1 (not even 2 in my opinion)..

I enjoy using the whip as well with fan speed number 3. really fucks you up!

19. Glad to hear everything is going so well. I have fallen in love with the bag option and will never go back. I don't really like the whip at all. But it sounds like you got the hang of the temps and the warm up so that good.

Enjoy Brotha!

20. If its worth anything, definitely +rep on that.

I spent as much as your vape in bongs, pieces, and other shit. I'm kinda disappointed now to know that I could have blown it all on a real quality vape and have satisfactory highs with a safer edge.

Hope I can buy something like what you have