Iolite Vs. Launch Box Vape?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Firebread, Dec 9, 2009.

1. I want to get a portable vape. Mainly I want it for the ability to smoke indoors without the smell. So I was wondering how these two match up to each other.

2. #2 aero18, Dec 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2009
    iOlite is less efficient, uses butane, is larger, BUT I think it is more stealthy since less people would think it has something to do with inhaling cannabis vapors.

The Launch Box, which I own, is more efficient, uses batteries (carrying a couple batteries beats carrying cans of butane), is smaller, and, in the future, will be able to be a home vape with the addition of a electrical outlet plug.

Also, the Launch Box is far more resilient and has a lifetime warranty which is unbeatable. Broke the unit when it was clearly your own fault? That's okay! They will send a new one to your door! :) Unbeatable customer satisfaction.

3. I am a little dissapointed in my iolite. I've never used a launch box and am thinking about getting one. The iolite is twice as much too.

4. I love my Iolite but I've never used a launch box.

5. Are you getting really big hits with it?

6. Try grinding your herb up more. Use a two-piece grinder or scissors. Dry out your herb really well before vaping it too.

This should help if you don't get large hits out of the product.

7. My buddy has it and I never get really big hits out of it, im glad I didnt buy it....

8. The goal of portable vapes is not to give big hits. That's what home units are for.

Portable vapes are meant to be exactly that, portable. They are not meant to completely replace a home unit.

Anyways, larger hits do not necessarily make one vaporizer better than another. Vapes that give smaller hits usually preform more efficiently (take the Da Buddha and the Purple Days, for one).

9. Doesn't being tied down to those rechargeable batteries become a burden? Also, how many people can a trench get fucked?

10. I have a case of four batteries. A battery usually lasts 5-6 trenches for me. About .5-1 trench a person works well to get them 'fucked.' If you have high quality bud, of course.

So, no, batteries are not an issue at all for me.

11. So, you have the iolite and launchbox?