Grinder comparison - space case vs sharpstone

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by drewzilla, Feb 7, 2009.

1. #1 drewzilla, Feb 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2009
    I have seen a lot of questions about these grinders so I decided to post up a quick comparison for reference incase anyone is on the fence about purchasing either.

alright; first, size.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

both of these are the "medium" 4 piece style grinders. the space case is a bit larger and holds a lot more herb. the sharpstone isn't slacking in space though, i can usually fit enough ground herb for 2 blunts in the payload area.

space case:
    [​IMG]

sharpstone:
    [​IMG]

the keif screens are both pretty much the same, both hold about the same amount of keif, I think the space case screen is a bit finer because the keif seems to be lighter in color and better in quality. however, the sharpstone does a fantastic job as well.

both cases have a similar patern of blades, as well as number of blades. the sharpstone has large holes near the outter side which in my opinion suck, it seems to let a lot of "blunt enemies" through.

the only real "problem" i have with the sharpstone is the tiny metal shavings i often find in my herb and keif. i have not had this problem at all with my space case. i also sometimes cut lightly cut my finger on the edges of the sharpstone, when you're twisting it to grind the sides of the layers tend to be sharp and stick out a tiny tiny bit.

the space case is much better made, the edged are rounded much better. however, i don't like that the lid feels "loose" it jiggles around a big which annoys me, however it doesn't affect the quality.

so, basically the sharpstone is a great little grinder with a few problems, but if you're looking for a cheap alternative to a space case it's a great choice. if you really want a fantastic grinder that will last a long time, and don't mind dropping a little more dough, grab the space case.

annnnd, what would one of my threads be without a blunt? honey coronas tonight.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. One of my dudes has a space case, It's really nice. I've heard nothing but good things about both of them.
    Nice blunt you have there, and nice nugs :smoke:

3. +rep for this. I just bought a couple of sharpstones for me and my brother. I was just wondering how it would hold up against a space case. thanks.:cool:

4. Your weed is beautiful!

5. kannastor ftw

6. im probably going to buy a chromium crusher for under $20 on ebay

7. i like my friends space case, its so durable, its been dropped countless times on the pavent as well as being thrown into the pavement. wicked durable

8. ...why?

9. nice, but why no green leaf and hony dutch's

10. I got them too, I mix it up a lot.

11. why would you guys do that? lol, glad to hear the durability has been tested i guess, haha.

12. good review drewzilla. i would also recommend the chromium crusher as it is very affordable and really durable. the keif catcher is amazing too. i got the 5 piece model so in case my screen breaks or something, i have an extra screen lying around. it was only like 5 bucks more so i figured i might as well. i want to do an in depth review really soon.

13. do it up man! id read it.

14. i got the black chromium crusher pretty nice, fine ground and the keif catcher is nice too it holds a fair amount

15. do up a review! i would like to see how it compairs side to side with a sharpstone or space case, anyone got both?

16. i love my space case i wouldnt take for it
    my buddy had a sharpstone and had the some prob with the shavings :(

17. yeah the shavings coming off is really lame.. i'm sure that shit is a hazard too

18. yea i try not to smoke too much metal :D

19. Good thread man.

As to SharpStone, apparently there are a lot of knockoffs out there. My head shop guy wholesales for the entire Phoenix area and he is the only SharpStone distributor. Although, many of the knockoffs are still very good grinders.

My SharpStone is not a knockoff but it cost me a bit more than my sister's did and the manufacturing quality is a little better. My poor sister got a knockoff but it's a hell of a lot bigger than mine and didn't cost her much. Neither she or I have problems with metal shavings though.