Considering a kief box???

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Vato805, Oct 17, 2010.

1. MODS sorry for the double post in here and pick up but i thought this would help people considering a kief box pick up!!!
    lets continue:
    Picked up 1/2 Oz of shake for 50 bux thought it was a gud price specially for tea and other edibles...wen i saw it and smelled it i was surprised it was very smelly!!!:D so i thought wat the hell!!!
    so i ground it up a lil more in a coffee grinder then thru it in the kief box 10minutes later this is what i had!!!
    1.5g's of KIEF!!!
    [​IMG]
    ---
    [​IMG]
    ---
    [​IMG]
    ---
    [​IMG]
    ---
    [​IMG]
    ---
    [​IMG]
    ---
    [​IMG]
    ---
    CREDIT SIZED CARD for size
    [​IMG]
    ---
    [​IMG]
    ---
    [​IMG]
    STAY GREEN PEOPLE:smoke:

2. wow that's awesome I think ill get one

so you still use your titanium crusher?

3. yea wen i grind up for smoking, first i run it thru the box, then the titanium crusher and pour it in a glass vial(holds 1.5g's) and just carry that in my shirt pocket

but this was shake and for cooking so i just ground if up with a coffee grinder i bought 2nite and it deff collects kief on the lid as well!!!

AND GET THE KIEF BOX!!!

4. damn thats nice to have man

5. I don't really get how keif boxes work. Do you just put your weed in it, and over time it gathers kief? Or what?

6. Sooo how does this thing work? You just put in the box and boom keif? Or you do have to do something to the bud?

EDIT:Ha... Guess I should have refreshed before posting...

7. u open the top pour in the bud, and shake sideways,swirl it around..it has a screen inside that "sifts" then it has a compartment at the bottom u pull out thats under the screen and the kief falls thru and falls at the bottom!!!

8. Ah, I got you. Thanks man! I kinda wanna get one now! Where'd you purchase yours? Is it a certain brand?

Also, would you have to grind up the green coffee grinder style in order for it to work?

9. Kief boxes are great especially if you get one with a really fine screen. I would only recommend them to people who pick up half an ounce or more at a time, and then kiefing all the buds not ground up. Or if you don't pick up a lot at a time and still want one you can store small amounts in the box and just moving around will pick up kief especially from the shake that falls off.

10. For those how pick up a bit less than that, would you be able to leave the kief in the box, for furture sifting? Or would you need to store in in a jar or something?

11. You could leave the kief in the box for some time, just like a grinder. However, it will be tempting to scrape it up when you look at that fine layer of kief all over the bottom :p.

12. Haha, too true. Thanks friend!

13. My LHS has some keif boxes for like $15... May grab one next time im in!

Cheers.

14. damn i need to get me one of these. I'll have to tell the owner of my lhs to get some of these so i can purchase one.. Do you leave the bud in for a few days and just randomly shake it or just throw it in and shake it around for a while to do the trick?