Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bad to smoke herb while sick with cold ?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Logieberra, Mar 22, 2013.

1. so i'm on day 2 of being sick with a wicked sore throat and cough and nausea... took 2 nyquils and need to sleep because I'm heading to Montreal early tomorrow .. is it safe to smoke a bowl tonight or would that make me feel sicker tomorrow ? I want to feel good tomorrow for Montreal

2. If it's a phlem sort of cough, I've found weed loosens things up and allows me to blow my nose/cough it out.

If it's a dry cough, the weed may burn or scratch at your throat when you cough, I've still found it to help manage the symptoms and pain, especially the nausea.

It certainly won't make you wake up sicker, but it may not help as much as you hope. The biggest thing smoking weed will do is help you sleep, and make you more likely to drink water.

If your body is fighting something off, giving it all the proper food and water it needs is the best way to help.

3. thanks thats all I want is some help sleeping plus a little music before bed couldn't hurt ;)

as long as it does not make me sicker... it is a dry cough I have

4. A few tokes, and 2 of those nyquils should knock you on your ass for the night, you may feel a little "dry" in the morning, that would be the nyquil. Make sure to get at the water as soon as you get up.

Hope you feel better soon.

5. thanks dude will do ... much appreciated!

6. Have you got a vape? I highly reccomend vaping over smoking when sick. You could also make single serving edibles, like firecrackers. I just find when i have a cold, all that dry smoke just kills my throat.

7. nah I don't have one but need one soon cause I used one at my last band rehearsal that my bassist brought with the bag that fills up... says he paid 300 for it but man 4 hits and I was just destroyed...in a good way of course :)

I know the smoke will destroy my throat but I got a whole pack of strepsils for tomorrow if it bugs me... i'm more worried about the nausea and lightheaded feeling I have had over the sore throat and cough

8. Sounds like your bassist has a volcano vape. They aren't cheap, but are certainly good vapes!

How do you toke? I have much better luck taking small hits on the bong when I'm sick, versus a pipe or rolling up a joint. The colder I can get the smoke, the easier it seems to be for my throat.

Sounds like some nasty sickness, are you lead singer or something?

9. Nah, I've got a wee cold and I've been toking through it, it sucks but the herb helps me relax and just accept the fact that I'm sick, and that this will all be over soon.

10. I had a cold last week, had acute broncitis and still toked. Took a week to go away. Didn't bother me much cause I was stoned so I didn't feel sick so it was actually nice.

11. Almost every time I'm sick I smoke. I guess it doesn't do too much except when I have colds. My stuffed nose actually seemed like it went away while I was high. Also you don't really think about being sick so you I would say toke when you are sick. Just be careful if u use a piece and share with others. Could possibly get them sick

12. Smoking won't make you feel any better in terms of your cold but it's still nice because you're probabaly in bed watching t.v and resting .Two Activites in which mj shines the brightest. :]

13. Yeah, I was sick for two day and I smoked yesterday and im feeling better today. I was coughing/sneezing. I smoked a little bit and it made being sick more tolerable. So I say " Have at it Hauss."

14. It'll make you feel better but it can be really hard on the throat..

15. ive been pretty sick lately and the coughing has my whole body feeling sore, i figured smoking would be a terrible thing to do, but this moring i smoked a j and i felt 100 times better after i smoked. now when i came down all the symptoms came back. but if your trying to ease the symptoms and sleep, definately smoke a bowl or two

16. How you feelin now man?

17. Just smoked a bowl from my pipe while sick.:wave:
    My body feels better.
    But I'm still sick, maybe a little phlegm-ier than I was before and terrible cottonmouth... Oh well.:smoking: