Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pixel Vision

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by gibsonaus, Jul 22, 2012.

1. #1 gibsonaus, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2012
    I had smoked a few times in my early teens, no problems, then one day I had a bucket and got completely fucked up. Totally paranoid, thought I was in the depths of hell and never getting out etc., was just a crazy fucking high.

Anyway a big part that contributed to that is when I'm stoned I see black dots, which I've since read as being dubbed 'pixel vision', which is a good description of it. But yeah, put me off smoking and I didn't touch it for 6+ years.

Fast forward to a week ago I have a few hits, no dramas and I've been getting stoned 2+ times a day since. Anyway, the pixel vision came back the second time almost enough to freak me out again, but I held it together, read up about it afterwards and discovered its a thing.

Knowing this, the next several highs were awesome. I discovered I could make things look 3d, as in like it would if you were at the pictures (not sure if that makes sense) but anyway I thought there'd be no more dramas.

So I smoke 2 bowls, and then I freak out. Not as bad as the first time, as I was able to tell myself it would be fine, but yeah it just wasn't pleasant.

I attribute my freak outs mainly due to this pixel vision. I can enjoy it with a mild high, but when I reach a certain point the pixel vision becomes very intense and all I can think of is holding it together and not to freak out.

I've taken it easy since and enjoying it, but yeah my question is will this freak out always happen if I smoke too much due to this 'pixel vision'. Also, if I am freaking out like that, would it be better to smoke more (i.e. would that chill me out, or just make things worse?)

I'd like to be able to smoke without having to worry about crossing a point and freaking out, so is there anyway around this, or will it just eventually stop the more I toke?

2. hmmm....more an more of these types of post...almost troll like in their 'scare' stories...

here is some advice to those posting these troll like stories, as well as to noobs::
    • DO NOT USE INTOXICANTS IF YOUR MIND IS WEAK AND FEEBLE!
    • DO NOT USE INTOXICANTS IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT WILL HAPPEN!
    • DO NOT USE INTOXICANTS IF YOU ARE ALONE, AFRAID OF THE POLICE, AFRAID OF BEING 'BUSTED', AFRAID MOMMY AND DADDY WILL FIND OUT...

(not saying they are trolls...even if they smell like troll droppings. the stories could be what someone 'thinks' they experienced...)

3. Ignoring that post, I would still appreciate responses.

4. [quote name='"gibsonaus"']I had smoked a few times in my early teens, no problems, then one day I had a bucket and got completely fucked up. Totally paranoid, thought I was in the depths of hell and never getting out etc., was just a crazy fucking high.

Anyway a big part that contributed to that is when I'm stoned I see black dots, which I've since read as being dubbed 'pixel vision', which is a good description of it. But yeah, put me off smoking and I didn't touch it for 6+ years.

Fast forward to a week ago I have a few hits, no dramas and I've been getting stoned 2+ times a day since. Anyway, the pixel vision came back the second time almost enough to freak me out again, but I held it together, read up about it afterwards and discovered its a thing.

Knowing this, the next several highs were awesome. I discovered I could make things look 3d, as in like it would if you were at the pictures (not sure if that makes sense) but anyway I thought there'd be no more dramas.

So I smoke 2 bowls, and then I freak out. Not as bad as the first time, as I was able to tell myself it would be fine, but yeah it just wasn't pleasant.

I attribute my freak outs mainly due to this pixel vision. I can enjoy it with a mild high, but when I reach a certain point the pixel vision becomes very intense and all I can think of is holding it together and not to freak out.

I've taken it easy since and enjoying it, but yeah my question is will this freak out always happen if I smoke too much due to this 'pixel vision'. Also, if I am freaking out like that, would it be better to smoke more (i.e. would that chill me out, or just make things worse?)

I'd like to be able to smoke without having to worry about crossing a point and freaking out, so is there anyway around this, or will it just eventually stop the more I toke?[/quote]

It happens to me sometimes, but it doesn't sound as bad as your issue. Sometimes I'll take one too many hits in a short time or a big hit and I'll just get dizzy and nauseous, you just have to let yourself know that you will sober up soon so just enjoy it. That's the only advice I can give :/ try a different strain or smoke mids.

5. Maybe your allergic

6. low blood pressure!