zongs..?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by c0smic charlie, Jun 15, 2010.

1. where are zongs made? i've seen a lot of cool stuff from them lately with the different perc/inline/stemless work..my lhs has a layback inline zong bubbler i've been eyeing for a while now, and i cant believe how cheap they are. i can't find any info on the company online. is it all china glass or what?

pic isnt the actual bubbler, but all i could find online
    [​IMG]

2. Zong isn't a brand, so they're made in a bunch of places. Depends on the manufacturer.

3. with the zong logos on it? not sour, the old school zong logos like on the pic above

4. That colored tubing looks like china glass to me...

5. like i said..this isn't the one i was looking at. it's all clear glass. feels like really thick glass (7mm+) and the welds all looked good on it. i was asking more about the company as a whole though. can't find anything on them

6. If a company uses china glass in anything it makes me doubt the quality of the comany as a whole. If they'll use cheap boro made by children in some factory over high quality US or German boro it shows where their heart's at (read: not in the glass).

My personal rule for buying glass: pick it up, hold it, and pull on it; then go home and smoke and think about the piece.

7. i agree..but for most zongs only being $100-$200, it's not like they're high end anyways. and have you seen all the new white/black china glass ben wilson has been using on the stuff on ALT? you can't base it all entirely on that (nono, i am not comparing a zong to a lw/bw, just saying you can't dog it all b/c they made 1 piece with china glass)

thanks for the advice..but i realize this is no high end glass. no, they will not compare to your toros. i was just asking a question about the company. i can clearly see the dark blue glass in my pic. ty

8. I'm not trying to knock zong specifically in any way (I'm known to call shots at illadelph for the same reasons), zong does make some nice pieces and I've hit several of respectable quality myself. Glass quality is just something one has to be very on the ball about, there are lots of companies that won't be so honest.

9. So you would class US tubes, Illadelph, MGW and in fact 95% of companies who use coloured tubing as low quality.

Also the boro made in the US is possibly the lowest quality you find. Hence Schott Duran and Simax being imported.

10. #10 ShatterWulf, Jun 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2010
    I would second guess any illadelph or MGW with colored tubing because of the color choices they make; US Tubes uses Schott (one of the 2 non-chinese color tubing manufacturers).

Ever heard of Honalee glass? High quality american boro.

11. Zong is legit. good stuff id say but i might be a bit bias being that i just bought a new zong (and yes it is fucking amazing) Heres there website. its like impossible to find info on them online but this is their actual website so have fun.

Zong Glass: Zong Art Glass

12. zongs are fun to rip imo ;)