Coronavirus COVID-19 Zombie Apocalypse or just COVID-19

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by BrassNwood, Mar 3, 2020.

?

zombie-apocalypse-or-just-covid-19

1. zombie-apocalypse

10 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. Y2K, Media Hype over a nothing burger. Yawn, I'll have a Coke.

18 vote(s)
    48.6%
  3. What was the question ??

9 vote(s)
    24.3%
  1. #181 BrassNwood, Apr 28, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    NPR Choice page

WuFlu.jpg
    Remember this ??
    [​IMG]
    I've seen this movie too.

NPR openly calling for interment camps. Shades of WW2. Does nobody else see the parallels?
    [​IMG]
    Then we have this little jewel.
    I'm not even going to touch this one yet.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  2. Speculation masquerading as knowledge. My first inclination when offered a tidbit of someone's rationale is to spend a little time investigating the source of their belief. Very interesting Twitter feed associated with the link listed above; who they follow, who follows them, the frequency and theme of their activities give a broader understanding of their views.

• Like Like x 1

3. Mildly amusing.. LMAO.

BNW

4. #187 BrassNwood, May 3, 2020
    Last edited: May 3, 2020
    California Releases List Of Outdoor Activities ‘Allowed’ During Shutdown. They’re Ridiculous.
    The list included a wide variety of activities, some of which raised more than a few eyebrows on social media for either being so specific or painstakingly obvious, such as the suggestion for people to avoid gardening in groups or giving permission for people to wash the car.

The list in full:

— Athletics
    — Badminton (singles)
    — Throwing a baseball or softball
    — BMX biking
    — Canoeing (singles)
    — Crabbing
    — Cycling
    — Exploring rock pools
    — Gardening (not in groups)
    — Golf (singles, walking – no cart)
    — Hiking (on trails and paths allowing distancing)
    — Horseback riding (singles)
    — Jogging and running
    — Kite boarding and kitesurfing
    — Meditation
    — Outdoor photography
    — Picnics (with your stay-home household members only)
    — Quad Biking
    — Rock Climbing
    — Roller Skating and Roller Blading
    — Rowing (singles)
    — Scootering (not in groups)
    — Skateboarding (not in groups)
    — Soft martial arts – Tai Chi, Chi Kung (not in groups)
    — Table tennis (singles)
    — Throw and catch an American mini football, Frisbee or Frisbee golf (not in groups)
    — Trail running
    — Trampolining
    — Tree climbing
    — Volleyball (singles)
    — Walk the dog
    — Wash the car
    — Watch the sunrise or sunset
    — Yoga

People on social media mercilessly trolled the list for going to the excessive lengths that it did.

“Good news, California! We’re allowed to watch sunsets!” tweeted GOP congressional candidate Buzz Patterson.

Good news, California! We’re allowed to watch sunsets!

California releases detailed list of outdoor activities allowed during shutdown – SFGate California releases detailed list of outdoor activities allowed during shutdown

“CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS??? THIS IS REAL! California releases detailed list of outdoor activities allowed during shutdown,” tweeted radio show hosts Jon and Ken.

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS??? THIS IS REAL ! California releases detailed list of outdoor activities allowed during shutdown California releases detailed list of outdoor activities allowed during shutdown via @SFGate

— John and Ken (@johnandkenshow) May 1, 2020

“A list of restricted activities was necessary. A list of permitted activities is chilling,” tweeted California legislator Kevin Kiley.

A list of restricted activities was necessary. A list of permitted activities is chilling.California lists dozens of outdoor activities permitted under stay-at-home rules

— Kevin Kiley (@KevinKileyCA) May 1, 2020

“Big Daddy #thugboy decided to ease your restriction. Be good little boys and girls and they and them. Follow the rules or else [Gavin Newsom] is going to put you in time out, with misdemeanor, possible fine, possible jail time,” tweeted congressional candidate Erin Cruz.

Big Daddy #thugboy decided to ease your restriction. Be good little boys and girls and they and them. Follow the rules or else @GavinNewsom is going to put you in time out, with misdemeanor, possible fine, possible jail time#PoliceState #endthelockdownCalifornia releases detailed list of outdoor activities allowed during shutdown

— ERIN CRUZ FOR CALIFORNIA (CA-36) (@RealErinCruz) May 1, 2020

“Meanwhile, in CA, Gov. Gavin Newsom announced the activities we peasants are allowed during the lockdown,” tweeted one frustrated user. “I’ll see you at the State Capitol protest tomorrow while the governor sits atop his throne and whittles away at this list of allowable activities.”

As reported by The Daily Wire’s Eric Quintanar, earlier this week, cities in Orange County sued the governor for ordering a statewide beach closure against the authority of local municipalities who voted to keep the beaches open. Orange County Sheriff Don Barnes said that law enforcement will not take a heavy-handed approach toward citizens in violation of the order.

“To date, we have not had to take any enforcement action on any components of the governor’s order,” said the sheriff.

[​IMG]
    But wait.... Stand up Paddling wasn't on the list so this will still happen if you try and have some fun.
    He doesn't have his board or paddle so they were Impounded and the tow and storage fees will be in excess of $10,000 for his board, paddle and life vest. Wait we can bill each item separately.
    $30K for it all. :)

BNW :-(

• Like Like x 1
  5. [​IMG]

MI residents think their .GOV has an overreaching issue.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  6. I see Badminton but NOT tennis. So unfair... lol

Does anyone even play badminton anymore?

And golf - but no cart? Would you transfer the virus to the cart? Cycling is ok but golf cart isnt?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. 'Every One of Them': California Begins Forcibly Quarantining People – Separating Families – Over COVID-19
    By Victoria Taft May 06, 2020 10:53 PM EST
    Email Comments
    reported at PJMedia, California Governor Gavin Newsom announced Tuesday he was raising up an “army” of contact tracers – as many as 20,000 people – to track down everyone with COVID-19 and quarantine them.

The number of deaths has begun going down in the state, but Newsom has only doubled down, announcing Monday he was training as many as 20,000 people – “an army and a workforce” – to begin tracking down COVID-19 cases.

Newsom announced that the “army” – his word – will start with a deployment of 3,000 and grow to the 20,000 mark to chase down who, what, where, and with whom COVID positive people have had connections. To what end? Newsom said, “the tracing component requires workforce and to identify individuals who tested positive…to ID their contacts (with privacy) and maybe quarantine individuals to stop the spread of the disease.”

He means forcible quarantine.

On Wednesday, the soft voice of Ventura County Health Director Robert Levin confirmed that the forcible quarantines are underway. He announced a “pilot program that will grow into a larger program” and “we will find everyone with COVID-19 and we will isolate every one of them and we will make sure that they stay quarantined and we will check in with them every day. In other words, what this program means is we’re going to do a more complete job, we’re going to do a more meticulous job of making it less and less possible for others in the county to run into someone with COVID-19 infection.”

And it begins. Ventura county will start door to door testing and removing positive people from their homes to quarantine them in a facility.
    FEMA CAMPS Coronavirus: Ventura County officials expand testing to symptomatic, some asymptomatic people

— Jesus is Lord (@Jesusis53688620) May 6, 2020

Ventura County has hardly been overwhelmed with the virus. Out of its 846,000-person population, Ventura County has had 19 deaths from COVID-19. Most of them occurred in hospitals.

Levin attempted to put a happy face on removing people from their homes because, after all, everybody’s doing it.

This is occurring in many, many other states as well and perhaps all the states in our country.

But other states aren’t doing this. There are 19 deaths in the county since this outbreak visited itself upon us from Wuhan.

Here’s your daily Covid-19 update:

18 new cases
    595 total cases
    416 recovered cases
    22 hospitalized
    11 in the ICU
    160 under quarantine
    19 deaths
    11,854 people tested VC Emergency pic.twitter.com/cERpIOOQVc

— Ventura County (@CountyVentura) May 6, 2020

But back to the contact “investigators,” as Levin called them.

Levin said that we also realize that as we get more contacts, “some of the people are going to have trouble with being isolated, for instance, if they live in a home where there’s only one bathroom, and there are three or four other people living there and those people don’t have COVID infection we’re not going to be able to keep the person in that home. Every person whom we’re isolating, for instance, needs to have, uh, their own bathroom. And so we’ll be moving people like this into other kinds of housing that we have available. They’ll also have other needs perhaps – food, whatever it’s going to be – the county will be there to back them up and to support them.”

They’re also being given “sensitivity” training to be able to respond to the understandable outrage one would feel if ripped from their mom, dad, and kids.

There is a legal basis for this according to the CDC, but, one must ask if this curve is flattened – as the mantra goes – why are we now resorting to locking people up?

Isolation and Quarantine
    The Centers for Disease Control says there is precedent for forcibly removing people and locking them up in quarantine:

Isolation and quarantine help protect the public by preventing exposure to people who have or may have a contagious disease.

• Isolation separates sick people with a quarantinable communicable disease from people who are not sick.
    • Quarantine separates and restricts the movement of people who were exposed to a contagious disease to see if they become sick.
    In addition to serving as medical functions, isolation and quarantine also are “police power” functions, derived from the right of the state to take action affecting individuals for the benefit of society.

Federal Law
    The federal government derives its authority for isolation and quarantine from the Commerce Clause of the U.S. Constitution.

Under section 361 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S. Code § 264), the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services is authorized to take measures to prevent the entry and spread of communicable diseases from foreign countries into the United States and between states.

The authority for carrying out these functions on a daily basis has been delegated to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

The path to destruction apparently isn’t paved with good intentions, but instead with the Commerce Clause.

Why is it that we’re freeing prisoners and locking up innocents?

WHAT WOULD YOU DO if your six year old son or daughter tested positive for COVID19 and was taken from your home to a quarantine center by Ventura Health Authorities? This SHOCKING VIDEO demands that you plan ahead. #BeBrave #HistoryRepeating pic.twitter.com/e5RC7dCO7o

— Del Bigtree (@delbigtree) May 6, 2020

Where are all the Leftists who decry “family separation” with those dubious fake “families” at the border?

Now that governments are caging Americans, will any of them give a squat?

One more thing. Watch the sign language interpreter when Levin talks about locking people up.

Watch this for yourself. And then ask yourself, why is this happening now after the curve is flattened?

What’s the Real Story Behind Continuing Lockdowns?
    California Coronavirus quarantine Newsom

https://youtu.be/0Kf_gWrBio4

BNW

8. The extended pajama party here is over; Gov has amended stay at home and allowed my business to marginally reopen (with diminished seating capacity) but the mayor has a standing curfew 10 PM - 5 AM that impinges upon this (by decreasing hours of operation). These decisions were made in light of the criteria established by CDC not being met on a local level. Feels a bit like being a sled dog hitched up to cross a melting ice bridge. The opportunity to work balanced against an unclear perception of the path we travel. Vague guidelines for worker and customer safety highlight the desperation and incompetence of those empowered to oversee the public welfare. My state has a population of elderly that will become compromised by ignoring the severity of spread through untested individuals who follow these lax parameters while convinced that they are invincible. Technically, I'm one of them at 62 but don't have a wealth of options at this point. An impulse to declare my seniority and cash in on SSI weighs heavily against remaining in the workforce for another five to eight years in the hope of claiming greater benefits.

9. I turn 65 this year and we are kicking around whether to file for mine this year or wait 2 more.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  10. Not a parade, I came to a better analogy, during the height of the world wide pandemic, the neighborhoods in the city I live in can only be described as Halloween without the candy.

The people all over

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Wait it out if you can for the added bonus. I remember an article (I’ll try to find it if I can) that for every year you wait the benefits get even better. So the whole rich get richer also applies here.

12. Preparing the return to work personally is proving more anxiety inducing than the uncertainty of the future. Having endured (enjoyed) two months at home faithfully following guidelines established for reducing the spread of this virus, it feels premature and ill considered to now shift the onus to individuals on how best to protect themselves when conducting a return to societal interaction. Patently duplicitous to require employee masking while patrons have no mandate and physically impossible to maintain a six foot perimeter in personal service industries. The example set by our leaders exacerbates the disconnect and dismissal of the continuing threat of transmission while their confusing messaging about testing provides less clarity about our own safety and that of our loved ones.

13. It's going to be A Brave New World of that I have no doubt. Just not the one any of us had envisioned. Do all you can to protect yourself and your family.

Public interaction has been fairly limited for us. The Supermarkets haven't been bad, people have been masked and have tried to give and keep that small personal buffer space. Lowes was a horse of a different color with people jamming past me to grab what they wanted. We got tired of pushing back and left with most of the list unfilled.
    Home Depot was doing a far better job of limiting the numbers in the store and the people are higher class I guess as there wasn't half the shoving and crowding.

I did take advantage of the one day Ammo sale without State .gov record keeping we got before the ban slammed down again. Gun stores are open but can't actually hand you the gun you've paid for after you wait the required 10 days since the "STATE" has extended the waiting period indefinitely. Something Something about a Right Denied.
    No waiting to get ammo. Tiny selection left on the shelves but they had the less in demand stuff I wanted.
    Promptly went to the range the 2nd day it was open and shot off some of it because.

"Merica" !!!!!!!!!
    :)
    [​IMG]
    Gets me out of the house and away from the wife for a couple of hours. :)
    A truly precious thing. I never knew just how precious until the range closed for 2 months and I was trapped in the same house with her for days, Then weeks. Then..... OMFG !!!!!

The Boat docks were crazy with about nobody wearing masks and boats full of drunks going everywhichaway.
    Nobody walking in the neighborhoods are wearing them either. People have moved their BBQs and patio tables and chairs into the front yards and are living outside a whole lot more.

We attended a small gathering of friends up here in the Mountains on Saturday with everyone maintaining proper distance protocols but unmasked. Everyone brought their own food and drinks and it was.. Odd to say the least.
    Elbow bumps are no damn substitute for a good hug. Damnittohell.

China = Asshole.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  14. [​IMG]
    A clear case of Death by COVID-19
    More and more cases like this popping up on the net.

"Gramps has had dementia and Liver failure for 10 years but died of COVID-19"

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  15. [​IMG]

LMAO

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  16. [​IMG]

I LIKE it.

BNW

• Like Like x 1