Zoloft/Lamictal + Weed (Adam PM me!)

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by dankstin, Mar 30, 2011.

1. #1 dankstin, Mar 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2011
    FIRSTLY: IF ADAM AKA UNIVERSALSHAMAN SEES THIS, PLEASE PM ME!!

Sup blades, its been a while since i've been on here

If any of you had seen my previous threads, you'd know that i've been dealing with some shitty Anxiety problems.

Anyways, since then, i've been doing much better (if any of you care to know:p) And just have a few questions.

My psychiatrist prescribed me to Zoloft for my anxiety and Lamictal (To stabilize my mood, apparently) And was just curious about their reactions with Weed.

The first time I smoked while on Zoloft it was my first time smoking in 25 days, and I felt great. I felt great for about 10-15 minutes then my anxiety set back in. I began to experience the same anxiety that I had before i was prescribed to my Zoloft. Then after an hour or two I got extremely tired and went to lay down but couldnt sleep. (Mind you this was at a party, and my anxiety had set in :p)

Anyways, i'm going to a DATSIK concert on April 8th :hello: and I really want to smoke before. So i don't think i'm going to take my pills when I smoke that day, and wait and see how i feel. I think i'm going to bring them though just in case I start to feel bad.

Good / bad idea? Also, share your reactions with Weed / Zoloft

2. I take Zolaft too. Dont have problems! But i just started so maybe it still could? Not sure! Sorry for not helping :/

3. Dubstep on top of Ganja and med reactions would make me want to kill myself more than anything else ever could, I'd avoid that if I were you.

4. #4 E n i g m a, Mar 30, 2011
    DO NOT skip your Sertraline( Zoloft ) dose!!
    SSRI withdrawal and possibly discontinuation syndrome is not something you want to experience at any time.
    The Zoloft is not the cause of you becoming anxious after smoking cannabis!
    It is your anxiety, exacerbated by the cannabis!
    Oh and that lamictal, I would not fuck with that either...mood stabilizers are sketchy.
    My mother takes lamictal for bipolar disorder. What do you notice about it symptom wize?

The only reason I would skip a dose of an SSRI is if I was set on using a serotonergic drug (lsd, dmt, mdma) or dxm which could cause serotonin syndrome.

5. #5 dankstin, Mar 30, 2011
    I've read online that mixing weed and Zoloft can also induce Seratonin syndrome as THC increases seratonin levels.

Symptom-wise I really dont see anything with Lamictal. Probably because i only take 1 25mg for now, and i've only been on it for like 2 weeks, and I've only been on the Zoloft for not even a month

6. Seratonin syndrome is no joke. Don't smoke while on Zoloft and don't go off your meds. Just my professional opinion.

7. ive been on zoloft for a year and i smoke almost daily... i seem to be pretty good with it.. the combination of the two keep me always in a good mood

8. I signed up specifically to tell you this!

Do not smoke with Lamictal. Don't do it. Maybe it was just me, who knows; but it wasn't fun. I was taking 50mg in the morning and 100mg at night; when i smoked i didn't feel the full effects (maybe only 40% and i hadn't smoked in months...) and as i started coming down i was completely zoned out. I started feeling panicky so i took my night dose thinking it would help.

The amount of anxiety i felt that night was not ok. My heart rate was extremely fast, my throat was closing up; i was shaking and vomiting and i couldnt sit still, but i felt like i would pass out when i stood up... i alternated between freezing cold and burning up. water tasted like metal. i was really afraid i was going to die, which is ridiculous, which is also probably just my issue (health anxiety).

It's just that the symptoms were so physical and real feeling. Deep breathing did not help. Anxiety exercises did not help at all. I eventually ended up taking a klonopin and sleeping.

The next day i took a hit to see if that was what happened (maybe i had food poisoning or something, i had sushi) and it was the same deal but minimized. Barely felt anything, then had a mini version of the night before.

I dunno, i just wouldn't suggest it. And don't skip your damn meds to smoke/drink, it doesn't leave your system instantaneously. If anything that'd probably make you feel worse if a reaction were to occur, assuming your brain wasn't used to not having your meds yet.