Zods Grow Journal: DWC vs Soil

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by kneelb4zod, Mar 16, 2013.

1. The curling isn't pH related.. that's N burn, see the burning on the lower leaves? The curl is a sure sign they got too much. You must of gave them too strong of a dose. idk how to work all those numbers out man, I just go by whats recommended but start off with like 10% and work your way up...

I would say NOTHING but water for the next few, maybe a flush

2. The yellow leaves are the very bottom set only on the larger two plants. They we're yellow before I gave nutes and I think they started to go yellow due to lack of N in the soil. The very small plant is behind by 10 days due to being root bound it took along time to even start recovering and I'm not sure if its even going to grow properly and that one has had no nutes at all.

Check out my Star Ryders here http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1192461-zods-grow-journal-dwc-vs-soil.html

3. i am using general organics 'gobox'. it is supposedly all organic. i have just been following the recommended feedings. the directions say there is no need to check the ph but i am an asshole and still check the runoff and am always amazed that the runoff is around 6.2 which is kind of in the sweet spot for nute takeup. i am starting my 7th week of flowering(i miscalculated when i made the following post - http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute...-trichs-my-nearly-7-week-flowering-girly.html) and the girls are all looking really happy. crystals everywhere.

4. oh and the gobox is pretty cheap. i got it for $37.50 and it has everything you need for a grow from veg to bloom. i have been giving some of the veg stuff to my house plants and they are loving it too.

5. #45 SlyPolak, Apr 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2013
    Is the 4th pic the same plant? That drooping is a sign of too much N, pH swings give you a different twist to the leaf. Im just recommending you do nothing but water for a little bit. Maybe that little plant is stunted because of hotter soil.. because N deficiency will make the whole leaf yellow, the V formation youre seeing is burn. plus it also has the drooping

Nutrient disorders - Cannabis plants
    AZ Master Gardener Manual: Key to Symptoms of Chemical Disorders
    Guide to Wheat Diseases and Pests
    Marijuana: Jorge's Rx - Jorge Cervantes - Google Books
    few that have always helped me out :D
    just trying to help here bud, have overnuted plenty of plants in my few years and I am 100% sure about the drooping youre seeing

6. Attached Files:

7. :smoke:okay bro! shit is looking good over here!

8. Day 43.

All good here I think all new growth is looking good I gave some more nutrients today only 700ppms 2:1:1 ph was at 6.5 after solution made.

Some pics of both girls they are getting bigger and bushier and seem to have slowed down getting taller.

temps in the tent this week have been pretty high due to the hot weather I've been struggling to keep heat down with temps out side around 68f the Tent is creeping to mid 90s. So I decided to to switch to 20/4 with the night being from 12-4 to try and help with the temps.

Question is it ok to go to a 12/12 with these autos, will it affect the final yield? as there not light cycle dependant do they need light more? It's all confusing but would be handy to know as my temps are only get hotter with that 400w HPS on during the day

SR1
    image-1950410252.jpg

image-2220646106.jpg

SR2
    image-3638953402.jpg

image-801583905.jpg

image-724920372.jpg

It does get lonely in here at times but I'm sure people are reading... Lol ;)

Check out my Star Ryders here http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1192461-zods-grow-journal-dwc-vs-soil.html

9. I'm here reading, I just don't always post since I'm still pretty new at this.

I don't know anything about autos but I know hot temps. Good idea having the lights off during the day. I have mine on 18/6. On at 4pm and off at 10am. That way when I switch to 12/12 ill extend each way so the lights will be on from 7pm to 7am.

They look good though, keep it up.

10. #53 b.real, May 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2013
    sup man..those plants look amazing. doward clawing is an indication of nute stress..along with the deep green..it means back off a notch.

if you go into my blackout kush journal youll see what i mean. i noticed that she just started to yellow out nd was hungry, fed a little too heavy got some claws. you can see the green running through her again though.

i would run 18/6 for best growth and least stress on autos. some people run 20/4 or 24/0 but i feel like thats too much stress.

11. looking right bro!!

12. Subd, nice plants!

13. Welcome aboard!! I will post some update pics tomorrow.

I have some burn on the lower leaves now so I'm gonna pull of the nutrients for a couple of feeds. I don't get it though the nutrients I added were for week 4 of the program and these are 7weeks old tomorrow I'm not really sure how they got burnt the total ppm's last feed was 750!

Nutrients are bloody confusing!

14. I'm in week 7and am about to switch from 1/2 to full strength nutes this week.

Overall my plants just haven't seemed that hungry.

15. 750 ppm is pretty strong. 900 is like the max in my eyes.

16. Attached Files: