Zodiac signs

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by PeacefulWarrior, Jun 6, 2010.

1. I doubt you would have come to same conclusion if

a) you were neutral going in
    b) actually compared an "incorrect" and "correct" birth chart

Astrology is just a valid as myers-briggs personality tests. Everyone can relate to something if they really think about it...But most of the time, a person is either detail oriented, or focuses on the bigger picture. Most of the time, a person is either social, or very guarded... But they have had the experience of having the other, .etc.

I'd say if you truly were able to identify so much with an incorrect reading you either
    a) were looking to disprove it too much
    b) do not know yourself very well

You don't seem to be too keen on deciding upon your own experiences whether something is true or not....I only see rhetoric here ("bullshit bullshit bullshit") and a shoddy ducking of a legitimate experiment.

2. #22 aero18, Jun 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2010
    So only some people enjoy freedom?

And anyways, I'd like to have an explanation to how random matter in the universe tells me that I am gifted socially. How do people "choose" what the positions of stars mean?

Does this extend to cows? Does the position of some distant star determine whether a cow will be friendly or not?

3. I know some people who are actually enjoy the rigors of a 9-5 job, a large structure to follow, and work best when receiving constant instructions from higher authorities. Likewise I know some people who feel absolutely out of their element when they are being given constant direction and rules and hate any idea of "settling down" and are the type to go backpack everywhere and have dreams of "leaving it all behind".

Now yes, everyone enjoys certain levels of freedom. We cannot be black and white when dealing with human beings. But we have to agree that some people cross that threshold where a label fits them or doesn't. This label can most often be confirmed by other people.

By the way, Neptune, Uranus, Pluto are all generational planets. Their orbits are so long that people born within 20 years of each other can often have the same planetary positions with in the signs. This is in case you are taking a trait from one of these planets and comparing it to another reading when it is meant to be the same. I'm sure you won't argue that certain generations follow different archetypes of behavior as a whole?

Your other questions I could answer, but they deal with the science of it and my explanations would not satisfy you as they deal with non physical workings. I don't believe it suits us to get into that. Right now I am dealing with something that can be dealt with and analyzed here and now.

4. That's how you perceived the trait. Since I have much angst against the stifling of personal freedoms in American law, I saw it as being applicable to me in relation to that.

These traits are purposely conceived to be overly general and vague so that they can be relatable to anyone. Why were they not as explicit as your definition of "freedom"? Because if they were, they would be falsifiable and would not work.

If you still don't see through their methodologies, I don't know what else to say.

5. #25 aero18, Jun 6, 2010
    Oh go right ahead and talk about the science of it. I am curious to see what could be scientific, as astrology is widely regarded as being anything but scientific in the scientific community.

I can assure you, there is no astrology class at my university. Astronomy, yes, but not astrology.

6. There are different definitions within the context of planets. Jupiterian freedom may refer to personal freedom as I described while Saturnian freedom would much better refer to a political freedom.

Once you know the archetypes that the planets symbolize as well as have the entire chart, then astrology makes sense and is reliable. Again, just like in the videos you posted, when you put a single element under fire it is not going to hold any weight since astrology is a holistic system.

7. As I said (and as confirmed by my perception of the rabid wardog typing your post), that would not get us anywhere. Physical science will never be able to accept laws and workings that happen outside the perception of the five senses which it bases everything upon.

8. #28 aero18, Jun 6, 2010
    What about naturalistic freedom such as the desire to be able to transcend bodily constraints and fly? That is applicable to me.

Or how about the want to escape the confines of society by overcoming language barriers or religious differences?

I can give more examples of freedom that may be relatable to other people. Care to see if the people who forged these observations were careful to add these considerations in the creed?

Science does accepts laws and workings that happen out of the perception of our five senses all the time. How do you think that they are able to measure the collision (or dispersion) of quarks? How about measuring the frequencies of different spectrums of light that are out of the range of our visual senses?

9. Wouldn't both of these people like the freedom of choosing which type of lifestyle they want (a structured 9-5 job or a free-living lifestyle)? Again, freedom is a universally applicable trait and exploited by the overly general nature of astrology.

10. Everything fits under the archetypes that the planets symbolize. If you want to test this google "planetary correspondences" and try to think of anything that does not fit somewhere. You won't be able to. Everything is accounted for.

These are still physically observable things that we can theoretically perceive with our 5 senses. We cannot see them but they CAN be seen. Our own bodily optics are not powerful enough but we have created or will create optics that are powerful enough.

11. Yes, at that moment they could make that choice... they both love freedom...But this is .1% of their life? We have to factor in their habits and rituals, not a single example. The big picture is what matters here.

12. Without clearly consenting, you have shown that your astrological "information" is universally applicable to any person because of how general it is. It can be construed to fit any perspective, making the allusion of personal relevancy and truth.

If astrological readings be construed to fit two polar conceptions of "freedom", then I have shown how it has been purposely created to be dishonest and fraudulent.

13. I stopped reading halfway through this, because aero, I have something to say.

I see you're in an all out war. To prove science is the only truth, and that which cannot be fully comprehended / explained is false. You go warring against anything spiritual, and yet, you post is the spirituality forum... What's up with that?

What I see is someone trying to bury that which he cannot understand...

My final thought to you bro.

This is a fucking marijuana forum. Free your mind

Peace & Love :bongin: