Zippo v.s. BIC

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by reeferboi, Jan 2, 2013.

1. I have a red BIC lighter, but I thought I would get a Zippo lighter for $20.
    I only smoke out of one hitters/bats (most people say Zippos are good for blunts & jays, bad for bowls & bongs). Do you think it's worth the investment?
    Are there any cons? (pros are obviously windproof-ness, durability, no button to hold)

2. One big con for me is the lighter fluid. I don't like the taste. Plus I smoke bowls mostly, so I like a bic better for that.

3. Thanks for the input.
    As for the taste, can't you use a different brand fluid?

Do you think there would be any cons for a one hitter style pipe like so:
    http://www.marijuana.hk/images/metal_dugout_pipe.jpg

4. yeah, if you're only smoking blunts and joints, the taste (not to mention unhealthiness) from the zippo fluid won't be such a problem. But for a bowl, where you have to inhale it all, stick with a bic.

5. Sorry for so many questions lol, but is it because of the butane? would swapping the "guts" to a butane system make it equivalent to a BIC besides build? Amazon.com: Butane Lighter Insert for Flip-top Lighters: Sports & Outdoors

6. Both, keep the zippo in a safe place or take it if your going somewhere special.

7. I used my zippo for bowls many times. Didn't mind the taste really.

8. That's good to know.
    I was just asking above if the source of the taste that others seem to dislike is the lighter fluid vs. butane. i can buy a replacement inside

9. Yea, the lighter fluid is what some people don't like. Never heard of replacements to butane though.

10. I'm pretty sure you can change the fluid . I'm not sure tho

11. Refillable butane torch lihjter is the way to go zippo taste like shit and it never completly burns fuel

12. I like zippos for joints because I don't have to taste the gas. For bongs and bowls I prefer bics.

I find zippos leak all the time and even without usage it has to be refilled weekly. I do like how the flame holds in the wind, and it's very classy/stylish. Plus tricks are fun to do.

Personally I use jet lighters though because I spend a lot of time on the mountains where wind is high. I snowboard with joints.

Omega369 :wave:

13. Man that's sick..snowboarding wit a joint

14. I heard torch lighters burn too hot..
    Are you talkin the ones with blue flame?

15. I used to carry my MFLB when boarding, but some kid stole it then moved to a different country. Power adaptor and everything :(

Omega369 :wave:

16. Maynee that sucks..

17. You need the pipe insert for pipes. I have a zippo and just use it for joints. They make butane inserts too.

18. #19 reeferboi, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2013
    OK final decision: torch lighter. probably a Ronson.
    I hear they're better for caching out a one hitter bowl.
    The myth that the hotter flame burns the THC is proven *false*.
    Also, they're cheaper. Thanks for the replies..

I would get a Zippo and put in a torch insert, but it costs about $20 more for the same thing.

19. Fuck that sounds amazing gotta try that someday:smoking: