Zinc and potassium deficiency or possible copper defeciency?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by pass the pipe, Apr 11, 2016.

1. About 25 days after flip to 12/12 and my girls aren't too happy at the moment. My Golden Glue is the worst of the bunch. Dying leaves, (one actually fell off just by brushing it last night), buds not fattening, small leaves. It's on the far right in the tent. One of my Strawberry Haze's does not look great either. It looks to be suffering the same fate possibly? An my other main three (Strawberry haze, Juicy Fruit, Cherry Cream Pie) seem to have dark edges on the bud leaves, but inner part of the leaves are light, lime green and some of the small bud leaves tips curl down. I've tried flushing them all twice now, but maybe wasn't enough? And have not seen much change at all. Not sure what exactly is up? Any help appreciated, thanks.

P1010086.JPG P1010089.JPG P1010090.JPG P1010091.JPG P1010092.JPG P1010093.JPG P1010094.JPG P1010095.JPG P1010096.JPG P1010097.JPG P1010098.JPG P1010100.JPG P1010101.JPG P1010102.JPG P1010104.JPG P1010105.JPG P1010106.JPG P1010107.JPG P1010108.JPG P1010109.JPG

Grow
    4x8 Tent
    1000w HPS Air Cooled Hood (Dimmed to 750w) around 14in from top of highest cola?
    150w HPS for side light on additional plant
    Lights on: average 75-83F Humidity 30%-40%
    Lights off: average 60-65F? Humidity 55%-60%? I Believe anyways (I check right as soon as lights come on to get an idea.) This may be part of the problem, cold night temps causing lockout?

2. Couldn't post all pics in original post, sorry for double posting.

Grow
    4x8 Tent
    1000w HPS Air Cooled Hood (Dimmed to 750w) around 14in from top of highest cola?
    150w HPS for side light on additional plant
    Lights on: average 75-83F Humidity 30%-40%
    Lights off: average 60-65F? Humidity 55%-60%? I Believe anyways (I check right as soon as lights come on to get an idea.) This may be part of the problem, cold night temps causing lockout?

P1010086.JPG P1010087.JPG P1010088.JPG P1010110.JPG P1010111.JPG P1010112.JPG P1010113.JPG P1010114.JPG

3. Pictures under hps lights do us no good. They're all yellow and you can't tell anything about the plant. First off, how many dang plants are you trying to flower under that one light? It may be a 1000 watt hps lamp, but it's only realistically good for so many square feet of coverage. We flower with 4 of those per room and over the years, we've found that we can flower no more than 5 or 6 plants under one light and each plant get what it needs. The size and density of your buds is directly proportional to how much quality lighting they get during flower. You'll always harvest more from one plant that has gotten everything it needs than you will by trying to shove 4 plants into the space only one should've occupied. That's a big part of the reason why your buds are underdeveloped. You've flushed your plants several times per your post above, so the soil they are growing in has absolutely no nutritional value. You are now totally responsible for feeding these plants. When one goes into the flower cycle, it's nutritional needs change a bit and you have to understand the plant and what nutrients it needs during which phase of life. If it were me, I would repot 5 or 6 of these plants and put them back and finish flowering them. With all they've been through, you've set them back because of all the stress you put them under, so the normal timeline is going be extended from what you're initial time frame was. But I would repot them into some fresh soil...which will take care of nutrients probably till the end of the flower cycle...so don't give them anything else, water them in with properly pH'd water (6.3 to 6.7 for soil grows) and put them back under your flowering lamp and LEAVE THEM ALONE. My honest opinion here is that the incessant need to do something to your plants is why they're in the shape they're in. They're weeds for goodness sake. They've survived for thousands of years without men hovering over them with bottles of chemicals to pour into their root systems.

If you really want to get good at this, you're going to have to put some effort into it. You desperately need to research this plant and read up on it and learn everything you can about it and how to grow it. Having the proper equipment is only part of the process. If you don't understand the "how to" part of the whole thing, you can have a grow palace and still not harvest any buds. Go to the new grower threads here and read the posts specifically for the inexperienced grower. There are basics that all growers have to know and understand to be successful. Using the "fly by the seat of your pants" method like you've been doing here definitely isn't working. You've got to learn when to water, how to tell when to water, how to water, good potting technique, a better understanding of nutes and when and why you give them. Learn what the plant requires for food in each phase of life. Read up on pH and what happens if you don't get it within the correct range. There is a whole bunch of stuff you've got to know to be able to do this without coming on here daily and asking somebody else. So take the time to go read up and learn how to grow these plants inside under artificial light. It is definitely not like growing veggies in the garden outside so applying those methods will just kill your plants inside.

TWW

4. Whoa, who pissed you off? lol I don't know where you come off with this persona of "I don't know what I'm doing bs, I wouldn't go and get this equipment if I didn't feel up to putting some work in and the part of asking everytime somethings wrong? like wtf this is what the subforum is for, am I wrong? lol I haven't even posted on this site for about a year and a half?" An for those in the dark about my soil I apologize for not putting my soil mix I used. I also don't see how someone misinterprets twice as a shit load of times? I used one of the water only soil mixes posted here by member Jerry. This one ----> Easy Organic Soil Mix for Beginners

Anyways, I have 5 girls in this tent at the moment. All in 4 and 5 gal pots, only reason for the 150 even is because of how the plants had stretched due to heat and way too dry humidity for awhile so they filled out wider and lankier. Everything's been fine all the way shortly before flower a few of the girls showed some deficiencies from the FFOF I used for veg (hot mix, upon some research it seems ffof has kinda gone down hill since I last used it a a couple years back. Never had problems with it before) so I chucked them into new pots for flower and threw em under 12/12 a week later. Here we are about 26 days in almost now as it's closing to midnight. Only reason I figured flushing was they are all in the same soil mix and yet show different deficiencies at the same time and I don't believe throwing more nutes at them is gonna solve it if it were a ph or other problem such as possibly the cold night temps I suggested in the first place. Did I just end up wasting time trying to flush em or what else should I do in this case? Thanks.

5. I got better pics now that I got a chance to move em around a bit. Can anyone help me out here? They're getting worse by the day. Thanks. P1010116.JPG P1010118.JPG P1010119.JPG P1010121.JPG P1010123.JPG P1010124.JPG P1010125.JPG P1010126.JPG P1010128.JPG P1010130.JPG P1010131.JPG P1010134.JPG P1010135.JPG P1010137.JPG P1010138.JPG P1010140.JPG P1010144.JPG P1010145.JPG P1010146.JPG P1010147.JPG