Zilla's first outdoor grow 2010

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Zilla!, Jul 26, 2010.

1. #1 Zilla!, Jul 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2010
    Hey guys, I have no idea why i didn't start a grow journal earlier, but whatever, better late then never i guess.

Anyway i would love questions, comments, and anything helpful to move my grow along. Any amount of help you guys can give me is much appreciated. Also, comments on how well or how bad my grow is moving along is also appreciated.

I first started germinating and planting in the end of may. A good friend of mine wanted company while attempting his first grow. He had bought 5 feminized seeds, and got a free safari mix with 5 seeds. (i do not know any of these strains) He gave me those, along with 3 bag seeds i already had, and i agreed to work with him.

We cleared a small area in some local woods where nobody really ever goes. The only problem was getting water there. The only solution we had were to fill up water bottles and fill a backpack completely full. As a result, each plant only receives 1 liter of water(don't yell ):) per watering, which is every few days, aside from the rain it receives. I don't remember what soil we used, but it was recommended to us by our local garden store for planting in pots. (we used 5 gallon buckets because the soil was filled with dead roots from the plants that had once been there, it was extremely hard to dig up) It wasn't miracle grow for those who are going to ask. For fertilizer so far, we have been using chickity doo doo. It's organic chicken shit, lol. My friend bought it, and seeing how i had no money, it had to do.

I'm still waiting for flowering, anyone have any idea on around when it could happen? Anyway, for flowering the only ferts i have so far is some bone meal from dr. earth because it was really cheap. I'm looking for another, better fertilizer for when the time comes, but i don't have much money. Anyone have any suggestions? I was considering greenlight super bloom.

By the way this was an low budget grow, we are both pretty much broke. That's why the 5 gallon buckets, and cheap ferts.

Also, these photos are all taken from my phone, so i'm sorry for quality, but i can assure you it's not too bad, or blurry. And anyone know how to show photos in a thumbnail until a person clicks to enlarge?

Heres one of my plants as a sprout, i don't have many photos of the earlier stages.

[​IMG]

Here they are a little bigger.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I topped most of them, but only once.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. #2 Zilla!, Jul 26, 2010
    More pictures guys!

As they grow...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. #3 Zilla!, Jul 26, 2010
    Here's a little more recent pictures, the plants are getting to big to take a picture of with my phone, so i'm sorry for the distance.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Problems
    Now for some of the problems i've been having, can anybody help me?

red/purplish stem. What's wrong? what can i do?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, this is happening to many of the bottom leaves on all of my plants, some worse than others. None of them are really bad though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also a droopy plant, but i think its because i missed a watering and it's been really hot here.
    [​IMG]

Thanks guys, that's all for now, more to come soon! comments and help is very appreciated.

4. Gratz keep it up man K+

5. thanks alot=) anyone else?

6. HEY man A tip PICK up your Mess in the woods:rolleyes:

7. when everything is finished there will be a full clean up. also, most of the bottles you see scattered on the ground are picked up before leaving, and put back into backpacks.

8. comments anybody? i could use some help before flowering comes.