Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Zig zag rolling papers?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dakid91, Feb 14, 2011.

1. I am pretty new to smoking J's and would like to try out some zag's ..On the website I see two different types (Orange and Ultra thin's). Which one would you guys recommend?

2. I only use the ultra thins. ;)

3. Personal preference, i use the orange packs, its just more paper. I recommend picking up a cigarette roller (or a similar one at a corner store or head shop) ,buying a pack of both and deciding which one you like more!

4. orange pack

just go to a gas station they aren't worth ordering online.

5. Ultra thins all the way! :smoke:

6. I was initially looking for Rizla papers since a friend recommended those and seen packs of zig zags for $1.80 so I figured I would order both n see which 1 I would prefer.

7. This.
    But thins when you get to it.

8. Zig-Zags > Rizlas

9. Zig zags taste like computer paper IMO. Get yourself some elements or RAWs. You won't be disappointed.

10. Raws actually are awesome. They have a diamond pattern watermark that is supposed to eliminate runs and they smoke great.

11. Rizla's are over rated.

12. my friends said they taste weird. i thought they were fine though...

13. If you're good at rolling, get the ultra thins. If not, don't get the utra thins. They'll be less of a paper taste, a little less harsh etc. with the ultra thins.

Personally i aways roll with elements, they're nice papers.

14. Yeah you cant get any less a taste than hemp or rice(besides clear papers)

15. You won't really able to get a good feel for papers you like if you only use them in a roller though, you get a better feeling of whether or not you like papers by actually rolling with them.

16. If you're going through the trouble of buying online why are you buying zigzags??? I get my zigzags at the gas station down the street and only use them when I need to roll a quick J or don't have box with all my different papers. they are handy to roll because they have cut corners so it's easier to start rolling the J. The problem with the cut corners is the fact that once you get to rolling the end of your J you have a gaping hole where all your product falls out of. I hate dropping anything when I roll so I tend not to use them.The smoke also tastes very similar to cigarette smoke, which is cool if you like cigarettes, but it kind of kills the flavour of whatever you're smoking.

Get something a little better. I just got some RAW regular sized rolling papers and filters. They sell them in a 300 pack which should last quite a while! The usual papers I use are RIZLA +, they're in a black packaging with some kind of tribal logo on them. They don't have cut corners which helps roll some nice cones, and they smoke pretty smooth. I really only use them because I can get them at the gas station, but now that I got the RAWs, I'll probably use those and put the rizlas in the car

For my king size Js I have some unbleached hemp Miguel y Costas & Miguel papers and they are awesome! The strip of sticky stuff is relatively thin, compared to zigzags which are pretty wide, and allow you to pack a thicker J. The other side is also quite a bit longer which means that you can make some pretty wide cones with it! They are also translucent, which makes your J look pretty cool if you got some nice bud.

Anyways, that's my recommendations. I'm not a weed snob and when I have my grinder and nothing else, I buy a pack of fucking zigzags, but when I can, I make nice Js. The difference is pretty noticeable when you roll and smoke. This and filters are the cheapest ways you can upgrade your rolling game and pull some smooth smoke imo. They are better designed so you can roll whatever shape you want, whether you're rolling a fat ass J to share or a small dart without a lot of bud. They are easier to pack, making an even J that doesn't canoe without having to cover it in spit. RAW makes some good wide filters which roll very nicely. They are long so you don't burn your fucking fingers trying to finish your J (if you roll small filters to fit more bud, just buy wider filters!).

Good luck in whatever you get. Honestly I would just go to your nearest nice headshop. I don't mean to stereotype but, not the shops owned by families hustlin' novelty bongs. A place run by people that care about what they smoke should set you up for less than $20.

17. Oranges are what I learned with, they are nice :)

Move up to ultra thins when you get more experience, thin paper is harder to roll with but more pleasing to smoke.

18. i usually just use w/e papers i can find which are usually EZ-Widers that i can get at gas stations or convenience stores. As long as the papers are 1 1/4's i'm happy

19. Get Element rice papers, best papers on the market. Or any rice papers.

Then Rizla's, White Zig Zags are good too.

20. I can't smoke j's that aren't hemp or the ultra thin version of brand papers. Regular papers feels like im smoking cardboard after smoking lights smh