Zeitgeist: Your Views of Everything Will Change

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Kroovy, Feb 23, 2009.

1. What I especially like is how people that buy into it are quick to say, "Oh, that part of the documentary is total bullshit...but the part I believe is true."

I put up a short rant about conspiracy theories and, like clockwork, everyone came by and said, "Dude, the freemasons thing is crap, but 9/11 was totally an inside job" or "9/11 was real, but FEMA really is planning to put us in concentration camps."

2. Zeitgesit preaches against propaganda, but its spreading exactly that. There are SOME truths in the documentary, however it has been manipulated. It's the same thing that has always been done for the truth. Everybody and their mother has manipulated the truth. No one can tell you what you, yourself believe, is truth or not. Only you can say you believe or disbelieve in the truth. We do have that freedom.

However the documentary brings up many interesting points. The movie as a whole, sheds light on many issues that are imminent. But I don't think the information was properly presented.

If anyone is interested, click the link in my sig (Zero is about 9/11, Esoteric Agenda is about NWO) They are documentaries that are about 1.5-2 hours in length, so if you have time watch the whole thing.

3. Totally, if i see one false piece of information in a movie that should be 100% fact I assume that there are most likely other lies. If the makers of the movie want be taken seriously they need to be completely honest rather than using facts to prove their opinion. Movies like this piss me off because they are extremely misleading. One of my friends believes that 9/11 was bogus because the jet fuel burning in tower would never get hot enough to melt steel. WTF. That is a fact but it does not make any sense when you think about it. Steel loses a great amount of structural integrity before it turns into liquid. I guess my real peeve is that some people get too into conspiracies. They consider it foolish to believe anything in the main stream but will believe a movie with all their heart and never research the facts themselves. Sorry i got carried away and i typed way too much so i have to post it now.

4. Hmm... Some interesting responses.

I've been searching all over the Internet for the past few days trying to find some truths behind the movie. The movie poses some really good points, but lots of people are saying that the movie can't be trusted in my respects due to lies. I dunno, I'd really like to find out what is fact and what is fiction.

I'm setting up an appointment with a philosophy teacher at my college to talk to him about the movie and see what his take is on it.

Keep the reactions comin'. I'd like to see some people that've never watched the movie post their opinions after watching for the first time.

~Kroovy

5. Its kind of interesting that you are from the same town that michael moore is from. Are you a fan of his movies?

6. They also have a semi-new movie out Addendum. Seems like they source their info a little more in this one.

7. #27 WEEirDo, May 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2009
    This movie is just a bunch of lies and false citations. Now having said that, its not all lies. I mean the movie if you dont care if its true or not makes you feel good on how everything is corrupt :rolleyes:

Ive been to the website of the creators and its your typical cult.

Oh, and if you also watch the 2nd movie it becomes even more apparent they are just trying to get you on their side and to "donate" money.