Zach's Grow Cabinet Build

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by WowZach, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Nice , cant wait to grow my own bud. Get the flavoursome smell of different ladys. Yeh I always give my green a good grind before I smoke it up. Man breaking your back that is pretty steep howd you manage that ? Seems like the strain suites you well 15min head high then nap time lol. Stay strong n let it cure properly haha.

2. I decided to germinate the 2 autoflowers I bought Quick Poison and Northern Dwarf I am a few days late posting the pics I started Germination on Sunday Night 5-12 They ar ejust starting to pop through the grow cube now

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

<div>[​IMG]

</div>

3. Sick , will be watching this next grow. Be interesting to see how the autos go. I got half an ounce the other night finally some weed. Felt go good rolling a big blunt and smoking it. Just wish it some decent flavoursome bud. I like the name quick poison what type of high does it give you lol ?

4. Very good job on the BUILD and the GROW. :hello:

5. #105 WowZach, May 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2013
    Jamaican Dream budding nicely

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blue Cheese also budding nicely

<div>[​IMG]

<div>[​IMG]

<div>[​IMG]

UW Purp/ Bubba Kush

<div>[​IMG]

The 2 Chem Wreck I popped from seed I took the smaller of the two out of the cab this weekend things were just too cramped 

[​IMG]

</div> 
    </div></div></div>

6. #106 WowZach, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2013
    Quick Poison Autoflower at 3 weeks from seed and one very light feeding of Fox Farms Grow Big

[​IMG]

Northern Dwarf Autoflower at 3 weeks and same Grow Big feeding

[​IMG]

These are my first 2 clones I took and they are both doing great the rear is UW purp/ Bubba Kush and the front is Jamaican Dream

<div>[​IMG]

The front two are budding the most in this picture Closest is Jamaican Dream and right next to it is a Blue Cheese

<div>[​IMG]

I took this picture about 5 mins before the light came on I was just checking my babies for any possible problems without all that orange light.

<div>[​IMG]

</div></div> 
    </div>

7. Sup i saw your thread and had an old armoire in the garage and decided to do the same thing you did hehe. I was wondering if you had a problem with a small ammount of light getting through the vents imbetween the upper and lower cab. i used black 90s to try and kill the light coming through the tubes but their is a small ammount of light coming through.

Attached Files:

8. I put a mylar flap over the wholes with a staple seems to keep a lot more light out.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. #109 EKonom-E, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2013
    Great documentary. I've managed to read the entire experience and learned from and related to some of the experiences here. Especially with those annoying spider mites, how do they even find us?! Anyways, I have a BCNL Bloombox with the sensory overload package. So I am soon to embark on my initial hydro grow. However reading this thread had remotivated me to go soil as well. I have a spare armoir in my house which I am thinking of doctoring up and making into a perpetual grow for some of my extra clones from my bloombox. I am thinking much of designing relatively similiar to the type here, but utilizing my lower section as an air box for scrubbing, cooling, and possibly drying.

I will be starting armoir soil kit when I get back home. With Sensiseed Pineapple Express auto flower as my initial hydro run, also my girlfriends wants to get some hands on experience. Perhaps an auto flower strain would help best for this initial grow.

Once built i will be looking to grow and cross-compare the differences between hydro and soil grows using Royal Seeds Super silver Haze. And finally, perhaps my most favorite strand in the world, One of the many highlights i have witnessed in Amsterdam only; Dr. Grinspoon, 100% Sativa.

Thanks for the knowledge and entertainment.

10. Thanks, thats a good looking cab you built, to keep the light out and let air pass through I put black panty hose over all over my holes on both ends of the tube, it really seems to work to keep the light out. 

Crunk I really like what you did but if I could make one suggestion. Your cab looks about the same size as mine. I have a feeling the T5 lights you hung vertically will be taking up far too much room away from your grow space. I at one time had 5 full size plants up top of mine. It was far too many so I gave one away. Now I have four in there which I think is still too many. Even with 3 the canopy of your plants will touch all the side walls of the armoir. If you keep all the light at the top you will be able to keep more plants in it and not risk burning them with the lights. Again this is just my opinion but I had the same plan to eventually add vertical lighting but I know now that would be impossible with this set up.  Nice build though!

Thanks and I love the BCNL products, that was originally what I wanted to purchase but just couldnt afford that expense all at once. So did my best to build my own. One day I would like to get a BCNL box those are top of the line. I have 2 autoflowers going in the veg cab right now keep tuned into this thread to see how they do. Thanks for reading it all appreciate you taking the time to do that

12. Black pantyhose, great idea! Yea after looking at the pictures of how your canopy looked I will have to grow in the same fashion. Right now I have a 250w cfl as my top light, im thinking without side lighting im going to upgrade to an hps. How many times roughly did you pinch your tops per plant? And how many sets of branches did you let grow after a pinch before you pinch again? Im growing 1 critical super silver haze and 2 laughing buddha strains. I figured with the laughing buddha being sativa dominant I would shoot for 6 main colas per plant.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. The biggest thing I learned was to make sure I dont grow my plant too big in veg for my next grow, and I think I will no longer try to do any Sativas they just seem to spread out more. (at least in the little experience I have so far) I think I till grow them to about 14 inches in veg next  round, any larger and the canopy gets too big and cuts off too much light to the lower portion of the plants. 

My first grow I used bamboo sticks and whenever one branch would get taller then the others I would tie it down to be the shortest. This round I was pinchingonly the branches that were getting too tall. I think I prefer to use the bamboo sticks I didnt like breaking on the plant stems. 

Blue Cheese budding out

[​IMG]

another angle

[​IMG]

and another

<div>[​IMG]

Jamaican Dream I think it is about 2 weeks from harvest

<div>[​IMG]

another angle

<div>[​IMG]

Here are the two autoflower in the veg cab they have apparently already switched themselves into bud at 4 weeks now
    Quick Poison on the left Northern Dwarf on the Right

<div>[​IMG]

</div></div> 
    </div> 
    </div>

14. #114 WowZach, Jun 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2013
    I have been flushing the Jamaican Dream for a week and a half and am getting ready for her chop. I think Monday 6-24 will be chop day.

Trichomes are all very cloudy with some amber here and there. It could prob go another week or so longer than I am letting it but I need the space in the upper cab once again. 

[​IMG]

different angle

[​IMG]

UW Purb/ Bubba Kush cross its hard to tell in the picture there is just one main cola starting at the top that gois down the main stalk, still has a long way to go Im sure it will be easier to see as the leaves start to fall off

<div>[​IMG]

I tried to take a pic of the main cola, hard to tell it is about as big around as a beer can and prob about the height of a tall boy can I am hoping it gets wayyyy fatter

<div>[​IMG]

Blue Cheese this one is the second farthest along in flower right now, and is gettin just a bit fatter every day

[​IMG]

and another angle

[​IMG]

</div> 

</div>

15. The 2 autoflower I am growing in my lower Veg cab if you look close you can see I gave them a pretty bad nute burn last week. I flushed them with water and didnt give them any nutes for a week. 

Left is Northern Dwarf which is slowly going into flower the right is Quick Poison which has stayed very compact it reminds me of a marijuana bonsai tree it has little bud sites all over it

[​IMG]

close up of one of the bud sites of the Quick Poison Auto
    [​IMG]

These are clones I took the left is from the Jamaican Dream that is in flower in the upper cab the right side is a clone of the UW Purp/ Buba Kush that is also in flower up top.

The clippings sat in the rock woolcubes for about a month and did almost nothing. A couple times I thought they were dead but I kept them watered. I finally decied to put some nutes on them and DAMN they took off. they went from bout a 4 inch clipping to those foot tall clones in a bout 3 weeks

[​IMG]

16. Subbed I fucking love this thread man. Keep it alive! You are giving me hope in my endeavor I am starting soon!

Thanks a ton, I have learned so much since I started this, I hope my trials and tribulations can help someone else out. Not to mention its so fun and rewarding. 

18. #118 WowZach, Jun 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2013
    So today was chop day for the Jamaican Dream after dry I will have a weight

[​IMG]

I untied the branches from the bamboo poles that were holing them up

[​IMG]

Hanging in the Closet

<div>[​IMG]

</div>

19. All dried and put into jars for curing 84 grams from the one Jamaican Dream 3 oz I cant complain

[​IMG]

20. Just awesome!! Really nice work dude! :)
    The closet is near your bed, is it? What about the noise the fan makes - because ive got the problem that my inline fan is just too loud to let me sleep while it is on.
    Iam looking for a fix.. but i guess there will be none other then a smaller fan :/