yuri-san's first grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by yuri-san, Dec 1, 2003.

1. Finnally the top Bud :D it keeps growing and growing i think it'll be on long cola and i'll have to chop the whole top off.

Attached Files:

2. so thats about it, its a lot frostier and its grown a lot overall. I think thats usual while its into flowering. I dint take any shots of my litle clone but its growing more than i thought it would. Its under s small 4 inches fluo where my plant was at first.

The clone is in black earth i had (thats all i had lol) and it looks like it works good but i'm not sure if i was supposed to put it in there ... anyways

i put the cutting for that clone directly in soil and kept it humid and now i just water it when the soil gets dry.

thats about it, i think the harvest'll prolly be in 4-5 weeks

cant wait lol, after that,i'll paint the growbox white, i'll reveg and put the clone in too with a bigger pot. Eventually i'll prolly add a third 80w fixture (like the 2 i've got) so the 3 main walls in the box have a light.

it may sound dumb but i'm not getting an hps any time soon cuz my mom is taking this progressively as i go and if i get an HPS it'll be a diff she might not like, also i'd have to start being carefull to heat witch my mom wouln't like.(shes paranoid about fires and so am i) I woulnt dare to think what would happen if my setup would put fire to our house, i'd feel soo bad....

anyways if i forgot anything tell me but thats about whats changed and what i intend to do in the near future.

cyaz

3. WOW! frosty as hell, looking awesome! that post was mainly to calm your nerves a bit, i know how it can get sometimes, yesterday i was all worked up if i end up with 2 males because one of the plants is extremly stressed from underwatering and i think a mild case of root rot so im only left with one healthy most likley female plant. Its not the fact that it was born a male and because of that its a shitty looking, its just i stressed the crap out of it and this can make a plant turn out male clones you dont need to worry about stress as much because they are already mature.

Dont worry about the red hairs, its just a preflower (first bud on plant) so it matures a few weeks earlier then the rest. For your next grow you should attach your lights together and hang them horizontaly from chains and do a 1x4' scrog. Its much more effecient yield wise to grow scrog and horizontaly compared to this setup. But this setup is still the best beginer setup ever!

You should train your clone, Take a string and first tie it to the top of your plant 1-2 nodes down from the growth tip. Then tie the other end to your pot or use a stick as a stake and tie it to that. bend the plant with your hand and hold it there when your pulling the string tight othewise if you pull the plant down from the string you can bruise the stem. make sure teh string is just below a leafs stem, if its in bottom V of a node it will kill or damage the growth tip.

Look at my plant where i tied it. I have it a bit high but thats because i needed to pull the fan leaves out of the way also.

Attached Files:

• bs1.jpg
      bs1.jpg
      File size:
      25.3 KB
      Views:
  4. cant put them horizontally i dont have neough space, remember this is my closet. Don't know how i should put em next time...
    and yeah it got frosty this past few days !

thinking of buying seeds is there any site that you would recommend? I'm looking for bublegum or juicyfruit or something like that. I hope they ship to canada...

more pics later

cyaz

5. Damn you yuri, your making me jealous......jk nice grow, i hope you get seriously fucked up when you crop test :D

6. haha thanks, i also hope i get fucking ripped but i'm not sure what kind of quality this bud is. My friend's dad grows it hydro and sells it for 1700$ a pound and he sells his skunk 2400$ a pound so its better than street stuff but maybe not as good as the popular genetics like WW, NL, BubleGum....

hopefully it'll all be worth it (i know it will :D)

cyaz

7. How big is your closet? can you put the lights slanted?

8. maybe 3 or 3 and a half feet long/large its almost cubic.

whats "slanted" ?

9. have it on an incline hung from chains. Have your plants on some kind of stand. I would say anywhere from 2-4 plants would be good.

Attached Files:

10. good idea only i would put a scrog screen under the lights andinstead of a spacer i'll just put my reveged plant, its already big enough and i'll train it to get more shoots and so it covers more scrog screen area. i modified the pic u made, tell me if that makes sense.

Attached Files:

11. WOW man! I like! you get it now! Of course you would ScrOG if you were going horizontal, or slanted which is dam close to horizontal. But I like the fact that I don't need to draw out every dam detail and you can still expand on how to do it. I guess im too used to most of the stupid kids trying to grow that only have half a brain :p

If you want to really maximize that setup look into ebb and flow hydro. Hydro is cleaner, you know when you transplant and there's all that mess, the only mess with hydro is when you spill some water, and you can just soak it up with a rag. It quiet because its only of for 5 min 1-3 times a day and the only sound it a small pump pumping water. You don't need a cover but im getting an aquarium in my room just to have security over the small noise my small Rio 50 will make, just being anal :D im only worried about if my mom or dad will be in my room when it kicks on, but since your in a closet that should dampen all the noise.

Basically it's a hydro setup that you have a res that holds say 4-10 gal for a setup this size. The res solution is just water with a few tablespoons of nutes you put in that you can buy online or at a local hydro store that you can locate from here (just hit ctrl F and type in your state) http://overgrow.com/edge/showthread.php?t=289770.

The res must be below all your containers because this system uses gravity as a drain. Have the containers filled with grow rocks (hydro store) or just small smooth rocks. Have the fill lines coming in at the bottom from the pump. This serves as a filling and for draining because when the pump turns off the water drains back through the pump. Now you need something so when the pump comes on and the containers fill they don't overflow. So have lines about 1" below the top of the containers going back to the res to recalculate the water. It's best but not needed to have the line elevated above the water so it falls and makes bubbles aerating the water.

Have an aquarium water pump that you can pick up for $12-20 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2366723099&category=46312. You time the pump to go on for only about 5 min. This is why you need it to be a digital timer not a mechanical one with the pins, since the mechanical ones can only go 15 min increments. Have the pump on a timer so it goes on once when the lights come on and once every 3-5 hours depending on what medium your growing in. Start off with 3 hours and work it back 15 min at a time till you find the sweet spot. You don't want it to come on when the lights are off or close to dark period because it gets to humid and you can get bud mold.

That basically E&F in a nutshell, how do you like it? Im picking this over soil for many reasons, the yield, its so much cleaner, its more scientific and precise, and there's no waste to deal with at the end of the grow. The rocks are re-usable you just clean them and soak them in bleach water. The water you dump down the drain! Its dam beau full! Im even thinking of running 2 1/4 flexible lines to my room. One for a drain and one for a fill so I never need to sneak around with water. My dam parents don't like me smokin :( , think it makes me stupid when actually it make me think :D

12. well yeah i read a lot and i keep in mind what other ppl do for their grow. So i might do that or just buy a fucking hps.... how strong should i get? is 250w enough?
    anyways i'm looking into this but i'm not sure yet...
    what do u think? hps or fluo? LOL thats not even a question huh....

anyways. The plant started to smell a few days ago but its nothing anoying and it stays in the closet.

cyaz

13. Your plant looks pretty good so far, Yuri.

I have to commend you on the set up's you whip up. You're showing some real ingenuity.

Good luck!

14. :D thanks
    i read so many posts on diff setups and grow styles i'm starting to get ideas of my own.

cyaz

15. hehe have no worries i'm not doing anything without asking you first :D but yeah if i keep this strain (witch i might do since i dint order any seeds yet) i might just do a few clones of what i'm growing cuz it has basically no smell and its nothing skunky or anoying.

anyways we'll see after christmas i might get some $$$ and be able to get my hps and carbon scrubber. Then i'll make a compact scrog grow like the ones i saw on OG and here (mostly OG cuz there are more diff setups there) My goal is to get a scrog setup with aproximately 4-5 plants and get maximum yield. :D

i'm sure i'll get there hehe!

cyaz and merry christmas!

16. merry christmas to you and all!

17. damn i wanted to put up pics today of the growing buds.... looks like i wont be able to take pics, my parents bought a new digi cam (witch is a lot better than the old one) so i'll get much better quality pics and from closer too! it sux cuz i wanted to post pics now but i might do it tommorow when my mom explains to me how it works lol. (i tryed but i'm really high so i coulnt figured it out)

anyways i'll be postin' soon so come take a look tommorow or somethin'.

cyaz

18. thought i'd show u what i want to do when i buy an hps,
    are there any carbon scrubbers or some air filter u can buy that can act as a fan too?

cyaz

Attached Files:

19. Thats a good simple scrog setup. But you should step it up a notch and go U-scrog like me and a few others to make more use of that light.

http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread.php?t=363294 Here is a simple scrubber that you can make as a 1' long scrubber instead of 3'. This guy used it on a big 400-600 w grow so you can make your much smaller. Make this then hook it up to a 4" inline fan or comp fan using some ducting. Have it blow out of the closet or to the top of the closet and leave the door cracked when the lights are on. you will aslo need a small fan blowing across the light bulb and across the buds.

Attached Files: