Yup... There's another petition

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by blitz5, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Oh good. I get to sign another worthless Internet petition that will achieve nothing.

2. [quote name='"friedfever"']

Oh good. I get to sign another worthless Internet petition that will achieve nothing.[/quote]

Well at least its a way to help voice the publics opinion.

3. #15221,,I always sign them,,,just so later they can't claim nobody told them this issue IS that important.

4. This man... Has a positive outlook on life!

5. I know a lot of people say they dont get anything done, but i definetely think people seeing just how much support this issue gets, can never be a bad thing. I definetely think petitions do a lot of good even if they don't actually directly change the law

6. No, it's a dead end that they want you to go down. You sign it and then they delete it.

7. Yes, but I think hes saying that to delete it though they still have to see the tiel atleast and how many people have signed it which really can make an impact on some people. I dont mean the government, but if some random citizen stumbles upon the page and see all the support it gets, it may cause them to read up on it and change his stance, and if it affects even one more person to be on the side of legalization then its done something good :)

8. This guy is a complete Liar dont listen to him

9. The first couple of Internet petitions actually got their attention. The rest of them are now listed as "File and Forget". BO has responded. He gave you his answer. If you keep asking the same question, do you think his answer will change? No it won't and he'll just ignore you, like he's doing now. Hell he's answering questions about a possible Death Star, for gods sake.

10. One more thing that makes Internet petitions irrelevant is that ANYONE can sign it. Anyone on the fucking planet can sign it. And anyone can sign it more than once. A 6 year old Russian kid in Siberia can sign it. A Tibetan monk can sign it. A Taliban fighter can sign it. A fucking cartoon character can sign it.

11. ^^^you cannot get an account without an address in the US,,,Daffy Duck told me they wouldn't let him sign in and Porky Pig was pissed.

12. Listen to Clay, don't be pussies.

13. The key words....proxy server. They are free and easy to use.

14. i didn't put an address into the white house's page. it just asks you for "city" and "zipcode".

15. But hey, knock yourself out. But don't fool yourself into thinking you're accomplishing anything constructive.

16. there's nothing constructive about what you're doing.

17. You're jerking off. That's what you're doing when you sign one of those petitions. Yea, it feels good in the moment, but it didn't really solve anything.

18. I disagree. A petition is a means to informing those that govern us.

19. I may be too stoned to remember my history, but I don't think our country was founded by a bunch of pussies that told themselves, "this will never work, what's the point?". In fact, it was quite the contrary..

My point is to do something--anything! Sign a petition, tell a friend, write to an elected official, persuade someone who is on the fence about the issue. At least you can say you made some sort of effort rather than sitting around getting blazed and wishing for things to change.