Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

You've got to be kidding me

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Bhanga, May 29, 2010.

1. I've never really liked pipes, except for this old, handcarved clay one i found.
    Problem is, after getting extremely attached to it, and after :smoking:, i decided to clean it out with a spoke from a plastic fork. The spoke broke, and i tried pushing it through the other side, but the hole on the bowl's side is only a very narrow slot.

Could a normal headshop get that damned piece of plastic out? Does anyone have any advice?

Also, i'm completely new here, but end up here anytime i'm trying to figure something out about herb. Anyway, i'd really appreciate any advice.

2. Buy a needle nose pliers and see if you can pull it out from where it broke off.

Go to a hardware store and see how small they are made in your area.

3. I have no idea but I'm not sure if a head shop will want to deal with a piece with resin in it.

4. I don't see why the headshop would be more prepared for that than you. And the fact that you bring a resin covered pipe in would probably piss them off and get you kicked out. Try cleaning it with some hot water, and see if you can get it out. Otherwise get creative with some tiny pliers or something man.

5. ^^^^

Yeah dude don't even take it in there if it has resin in it. Try pipe cleaners or a paper clip

6. Yo everyone, thanks for the help. I'm going to try the hot water thing, and i'll let you guys know how it works out. Next on my list is small pliers.

thanks again

7. you can also try unbending a hanger and pushing the thing out using the hanger.

8. as a last resort, find a pin and heat it and poke it through so the plastic melts onto the pin a tiny bit and then see if it can be pulled out when it cools.

9. hot water wont do shit for the resin, which i assume is whats holding the piece in there. let the entire pipe soak in rubbing alcohol for a few hours at least, or to be thorough leave it overnight. that should loosen things up...

10. iso alc should help with that. just let is soak in a ziplock bag for a couple hours and see if its loosened the resin up

11. Needle noses could help.

Tweasers could help.

Hot water, followed by rubbing alcohol, could help, if there's resin jamming up against the plastic.

If all those fail, a drill could help.

12. #13 Bhanga, May 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2010
    After boiling it in water for 10 or 15 minutes, i found out that it was cracked sometime and glued back together. I took it and half and gave it the best cleaning of it's life.

Anyway i solved the problem with the fork and... but now i need to glue it back together

The entire piece is only 3 inches long and the crack's about 1 inch from the bowl, would superglue be okay to use?

13. Time for a new pipe, my friend. You don't want to mess around breathing glue/plastic fumes.

14. its a sign from god. buy a bong.

15. Wow my bad man, you were in the seasoned tokers thread so I assumed you knew how to properly clean a pipe. Hmm..:confused_2: Anyways, you don't actually put the pipe in the boiling water, i mean come on man it's glass.. You get the water to a simmer, let it cool for a couple of seconds, and then put it in a ziploc bag and put the bowl in with the water. i would at least double bag because the hot water DOES burn through the bag after a bit and that water is going to smell horrible. So make sure you do it over a sink or something.

Do not glue a pipe back together.. Do you really want to smoke glue? There are going to be plenty more pipes in your future man, just go get a new one and clean it properly and often now that you know how :) Sorry again about the bowl, feel kinda responsible about that. Pack a fatty when you get your new bowl for me :smoking:

16. I made a pipe out of my toe nail clippings. Real solid piece who wants a hit?

17. Do NOT glue it back together and use it, trust me.

18. I think you misinterepreted that kayjaykjt. I didn't clean the pipe with a fork; I cleared the pipe OF a fork =\

:( I'll be burying my pipe for future generations, who might have better glue than I.

19. I'm aware that the fork was the problem. I was saying you shouldn't have stuck the pipe directly in to the boiling water.