You've been drafted

Discussion in 'General' started by iSPARK, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I became draft age right in the worst part of the Vietnam war. Luckily, I joined an apprentice program which had the same 4-year draft exemption as college, plus I got paid.

I never saw any virtue in going to the other side of the world and murdering peasants on their own land. My father knew people in Canada and talked of maybe sending me there if I couldn't get a deferment.

Before the four years ended, they came up with the lottery system and that saved my ass after the apprenticeship ended.

A side note: There is no draft law now of course, so if they started one the rules would all be new. Whatever applied 40 years ago may or may not apply today. New law, new rules to fit the political whims of today. If they need more cannon fodder they change the rules so they can enslave more kids.

If push came to shove, they can, and would, take anybody.

2. I would just do like George Bush, or Mitt Romney, or Dick Cheney and use my massive wealth and influence to get out of having to go to war. Maybe I could join the national guard, or get 6 deferments until the war is over, or go and spend 3 years in France just cruising around convincing people to be mormon.

Wait, I don't have massive wealth and influence, I guess I'll either have to take fire for America, or become a criminal.

3. Heh, canada would see me immigrating if i got drafted. Fuck that.

4. fuck no....

canadia:cool:

5. Nope, I'd dip to canada

6. Our country and this thread is filled with pussies....but I already knew that......won't go to war when your country needs you too, but I'm sure you'll take a social security check no problem.

7. Depends on how you define "need" I suppose.

As I said I'd defend my homeground, but on my homeground.

8. The "country" doesn't "need" people to go to a foreign country and mass-murder peasants, the government does.

Huge difference.

So do you think it's manly to be a member of the most powerful military in the history of mankind and slaughtering lightly-armed peasants in their huts?

Or to sit in an air-conditioned office somewhere in the U.S. and directing a drone to bomb a neighborhood on the other side of the world, destroying property that doesn't belong to you and killing innocent people?

Yes, that all sounds very masculine to me.

I would argue that most Americans are pussies because they have NO IDEA what it's like to be occupied by foreign troops who are a law unto themselves, stealing, raping, plundering as they see fit.

Yet most support this behavior because they are clueless to all of it. Fat, lazy, spoiled Americans only care whether their cell phone works, if the pizza delivery is late, or the ball game gets delayed for some reason.

LOL, enjoy it while it lasts.

9. You miss the point.

10. Nope. Fuck that shit. I'm not a fan of any fight. My ass is going to Canada to spark up.

11. If it's a war against a country like China or Russia were the US could actually loss. Then yes I would go. I wouldn't even have to be drafted. I'd be the first at the recruitment office to defend my country like every other man in my family has.

If it's a war I think is ridiculous like a war in Somalia or something then I would try to avoid it, but if I was drafted I'd go. If I didn't I'd be shunned from my family.

12. They are ALL started or fought over LIES.

"The first casualty of war is the truth."

How does killing people in foreign lands protect your freedom? It doesn't.

The only thing that can take your freedom away IS YOUR OWN GOVERNMENT. And it usually does so during times of war. It's a great excuse to restrict movement, restrict civil liberties, eavesdrop, disarm, etc. etc.

This always happens, and sometimes after the war is over some restrictions are relaxed -- but never ALL of them. If there are no "enemies" to fight, government creates them. Indians, poverty, drugs, terrorists, fat, sugar, the list will never end.

Government loves war because it empowers them -- it is the biggest government program out there.

THEY ARE ALL LYING TO YOU.

13. Im canadian, but if i were american I would say i was gay. In russia when they wouldn't allow gays in the military you could say you were gay and dodge the mandatory military service. I assume in america you could do the same thing.

14. At the Oakland induction center in 1967/68 I was asked if I was going to refuse induction because I was a long hair pot smoker. I thought that was an odd question so I said no. I could always refuse later & go to Canada which was my original plan. They gave me a 30 day extension to check out my record as a teen & during that time Nixon came out with the lottery & I drew a high 300 number. I never looked back.

45 years later I can tell you I should have done my duty, even though I didn't agree with the war. In America we used to have certain rights, freedom comes at a price & part of that price was induction. I should have been man enough to accept the responsilility of being an American 100% of the time & not just when it benefits me.
    Cheers:D

15. Those rights we had were stripped by our Gov't, not some foreigners. They stayed in their own damn country.

16. DAHAHA no.

I'd move to the southern part of Mexico and retire

17. Im a dual citizen, going to mexico till that shit blows over hahah

18. #58 FallenOne08214, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2012

If being a calm ass motherfucker makes me a pussy then so be it. I'll wave and smile while I'm puffin away in Canada.

19. Every time we go to war it's to "protect our freedom" or to "bring democracy" somewhere. At a certain point we just have to understand that other cultures are different and not in any way lesser than ours.

20. Personally, all the people saying they would leave, should just pack the fuck up, and go, now. You guys have no problem enjoying the easy American lifestyle, yet you wouldn't want to defend it? A bunch of pussy's.

@Fizzly, I don't think you have any room to talk whatsoever since you've already successfully ran like a coward.

"Oh, I'm gonna wait until they're on my homeland" That's because you're a moron, and that way of thinking would get us all killed. If they're in our country you're already fucked, and your kushy little lifestyle goes with it, all because you couldn't man up and keep them out of our own backyard.

Seriously, why do so many of you guys think your lives are THAT important? They're pretty insignificant no matter how you look at, at least you would die a hero, instead of the coward.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.