Youtube is Not Working.

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by The Botanist, Mar 16, 2011.

1. It stopped working as of today. I click on a vid and the flash player just stays black.
    I have Adobe player 10 if that helps.

Here's a pic:

[​IMG]

2. no idea. but it looks like your using an old version of windows you should upgrade to a newer version it would probably work then.

3. It should work fine on Vista. Millions of people are still using it (it is shit, I'll give you that).

First off. Try clearing out your cache.

- Go. Tools > Clear Recent History...
    - Make sure the top drop down is set to Everything.
    - Tick Cache (and anything else you want to clear)
    - Resart your computer
    - Try again.

Failing that, let me know here and I'll give you something else to try.

4. I tried youtube again and apparently it decided to work.
    While we're at it, does anyone know why when i turn my computer to sleep mode and it wakes up, i have no internet? I have to restart it to get it back again.
    Messing with IPv4 settings, network connections and diagnosis does not work. I have an HP.

Btw, i have vista home premium, i just down graded the graphics so it could run faster.

5. #5 JayF, Mar 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2011
    Hmm. What kind of internet connection are you using? Is it a USB, LAN or Wifi connection?

Edit: I'm done for the night. Get back to me on that. If nobody else has helped you, I'll get back on it in around 9 - 10 hours.

6. LAN.

Comcast.

7. i have optimum online, had a problem one day but then its fine the next... whack

8. This is a weird one.

There's a couple of things you could try. This is a shot in the dark, but it might just work.

Go to the HP Drivers and Support page. Enter the model number of the PC you have and download the latest LAN drivers for Windows Vista.

Select "Open" if possible, or save it to your desktop (or somewhere convenient) and install them.

If you're not comfortable doing this, let me know the model number and I'll give you more detailed instructions.