You're opinion on straight edge?

Discussion in 'General' started by Murs, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Straight edge bands? Sure......

So they tell you :)

2. Minor Threat coined the phrase straight edge dude...they made the movement.

Also what do yall have a problem with? The fact that they refuse to do drugs?

3. Drug users who frown on those who don't want to use drugs, not even to try them, are every bit as bad as non-drug users who preach about the evils of drugs.

It's a personal choice. If they aren't in your face about it why would you care?

4. it doesn't matter to me if someone is straight edge, its their choice on what they do, I think we should all keep our business to ourselves,

5. Agreed. It's fine if you don't want to.

But to attempt to look at me like I am "lesser" cause I do....

6. Thats what I was thinking... By militant you mean punk ass ones right?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB75U_29r-I]YouTube - straightedge gang killed my son...[/ame]

7. In my opinion you can do whatever you want straight-edge is cool as shit the very milisecond you start imposing that on somebody else you become a douche

8. I've never met anyone like this

9. I think to be straight edge you also have to avoid caffeine, definitely alcohol, cigarettes, oh and all those terpenes in plenty of fruits and vegetables.

All the straight edge people I know drink energy drinks like they'll die if they don't, take pure caffeine pills, and some even smoke cigs saying that they're not a drug. Ignorant and stupid.

If you genuinely don't take any drugs, including medicine, caffeine, and some of the many psychoactives in our daily diet - then fair enough, your choice, but saying you're straight-edge and yet still popping an aspirin when you have a headache, taking SSRIs for your depression, and consuming caffeine = Hypocrisy.

10. i disagree. i think to be straight edge you avoid illegal substances and bad/avoidable situations. even though sex is not illegal, i believe that being a virgin is also straight egde "criteria".

11. My thoughts exactly, I'm lazy so I'll just let you write them.:p

12. #52 mushroomsatsuji, Oct 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2010
    Exactly. I especially hate the gangs that form like Friends Stand United. Few times do I wish people to actually die. Even in their case, I hope each one is beat to death

EDIT: watching that vid, I think it was FSU that did that

13. If someone wants to be straight edge, more power to them. But if they start fucking preaching about that shit ill give them a piece of my mind. I dont mind "straight edge" adults. But most youths who are straightedge write this fucking bullshit SxE everywhere and have X's on their hands, that shit is so fucking lame. Its like a fucking cult. This girl i know had "SxE" as her texting signature. Personally, i find alot of straight edge people to be socially awkward, and without many friends. I've even seen some straight edge people show up at parties at shit its just wack. Alot of them seem like they have boring lives

14. I say straight edge people just choose to live that type of life because of either two things.

1. They've seen drugs or other substances mess up somebody life they are close too.

2. Their a COP

15. :rolleyes:

Or they just don't want to? As for #2, you'd be surprised how many COPS (as you put it) smoke.

16. I want to know the reason for the ones who enjoy beating people up for it

17. Agreed.

Here's the funny thing I'm noticing more and more about many people who smoke weed. We want people to be tolerant of our lifestyle or our choice to smoke weed, but so many of us are hypocritically intolerant of others. It's ridiculous.

18. Human nature. Some people become police officers to serve the public, others do it because they like the power trip. They are just people.

19. Yeah I bet, but I haven't come across any yet...:smoking:

20. I smoke with a couple of different local LEO's from time to time.