You're going to die

Discussion in 'General' started by Mogwai, Nov 23, 2011.

1. [quote name='"Scream ahh"']Eh, living is a lot harder than dying. Worst case scenario, when I die, I won't even know it[/quote]

No.. Worst case scenario a serial killer ties you up and peels your skin off slowly while you're alive.

2. Or you have 1,000 different midgets take turns kicking you in the balls until you die.

3. last night i ate some unmentionables and had a (my first) horrible bad trip. it hit me like a brick.. no, like a train. i thought i understood death, but i didn't. instantly i was overwhelmed with the feelings of death and what is eternity. i could finally grasp the true meaning of 'forever'. it was the worse feeling imaginable. it's been a day later and i think it's safe to call it a life changing experience, because i still feel somewhat similar to what happened last night.

but everyone dies. shit, you're already dead, and so is everyone around you. we won't but last a few nanoseconds in this existence we call reality, and then it's over- forever.

forever.

4. Never give up hope, hon. Agni IS the God of Fire!

Granny

5. so was Baal.........;):smoke:

6. But my friend's kid didn't point to fire and call it Ba'al!

7. I think about death a lot, mostly I think because a lot of people around me have died lately. Hopefully death will alude me for quite a few more years seeing as I'm only 23 and in decent health but when I was 13 I thought I would never be 23.. time is fast as fuck.

I can't say I'm afraid to die I just don't want to anytime time soon =/

8. your friends kid was touched by a different time and place......
    see how limiting language can be?;):smoke:

so easy for 2 people to be talking about the same thing and never ever see it at all......(not that we are doing that-just that it happens all the time):smoke:

this thread is about death still yes?

i live each and every day in the highest risk category for (SUDEP)

Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy (SUDEP) | epilepsy.com

so really.......i could go at anytime:smoke:

9. Not so different of a time! Agni is being worshiped in India right now! I think it is possible that India may have lost a VERY devoted priest of Agni about the time David was born!

And crossing a street one second too soon can "get" any of us at any time! So just live as best you can and enjoy life!

10. ok so maybe not so much time....but at least some desert and a bit of ocean?:smoke:
    im still doing all the things the docs say i shouldnt:smoke: that wont change.....i dont live any different then i ever did......i still take risk that people with less to risk wont;):smoke:

11. It has crossed my mind, but ultimately I just try to enjoy one day at a time. We all gotta go sometime, and I atleast want to positively impact other people's lives before then. Plus, it would kind of suck to live forever.

12. I think about it. Not a lot, but I don't avoid thoughts about it. I've also thought about what I would do if I were to learn my life would be shortened...like if I got infected with HIV or something, and I wasn't gonna live past 25 or 30.

I know how people's mindset changes, so I think that all I want before I die is to be able to be content with my life and not really have the burning desire to see more. Maybe I always will have that desire, but I doubt it.

What I would do if I learned my life would be shortened is abandon my long term plan and goals that are for a long life, and adopt goals that get more significant things done in the short term in a life that would be unsustainable past my point of death. Basically, I would live more wildly.

I know that death causes everything that's stored in my head as information to vanish. My mind will no longer exist, just like it did not before I was born, and only the matter of my body will remain. I will only be able to remember my life until I die. After that there is nothing for me.

When one dies, the collection and specific arrangement of brain matter and electrical signals that is their mind ceases to exist because there is no longer the biological support it needs. The mind does not magically go somewhere else. Its kind of like if you turn off the power to volatile memory...the data doesn't go somewhere else, it just ceases to be.

For that reason, I am only ultimately concerned by what will happen when I am alive, and that once I die, I am no more.

Yes, drink the kool-aid :rolleyes:

13. It's on my mind a lot. It bothers me that everything we know in life will be gone someday. Everything from our families and friends, to the rock you kicked this morning walking to your car. Nothing in this life is permanent and I've struggled with that thought for a long time now.

14. No I'm not afraid of death. Death is just a transition into a state of eternal peace and joy the depth of which I can't even imagine... because Christ already took the brunt for me so that "death has no sting".

I guess the pain of dying itself, if I have some violent death (hope not!) scares me, but death itself. Naw. It's actually be more appropriate for me to think of it as becoming fully alive rather than "dying".

I'm actually pretty excited about it. But I still have many things I want to accomplish in this life.

I do spend time thinking a lot of times about how "lucky" (not really luck, but eh, not really a better word for it), I am that God is a God of love. Imagine if the opposite were the case? Not cool.

Here's a poem by John Donne I really like, sums up my thoughts on it nicely :).

DEATH be not proud, though some have called thee\t
    Mighty and dreadfull, for, thou art not so,\t
    For, those, whom thou think'st, thou dost overthrow,\t
    Die not, poore death, nor yet canst thou kill me.\t
    From rest and sleepe, which but thy pictures bee,\t
    Much pleasure, then from thee, much more must flow,\t
    And soonest our best men with thee doe goe,\t
    Rest of their bones, and soules deliverie.\t
    Thou art slave to Fate, Chance, kings, and desperate men,\t
    And dost with poyson, warre, and sicknesse dwell,\t
    And poppie, or charmes can make us sleepe as well,\t
    And better then thy stroake; why swell'st thou then;\t
    One short sleepe past, wee wake eternally,\t
    And death shall be no more; death, thou shalt die.

15. We all die, eventually. I'm not scared. I'm very intrigued by it, actually. The great mystery that no man knows, that no man can know. But I want to know! What happens, man?! I wonder endlessly about it, sometimes I have to stop the contemplation for the sake of my mental state. My theory is that we're all flowing in constant energy. That this "body" is just our physical form. Inside us all is a soul, that escapes when we "die". Energy has no life and death, it simply is. I feel like this life is just a test. There has to be more, this can't be it, can it? I don't know. I must know. but I'll never know..

16. Ah, death...Been there once, I'm not scared.

Fuck, besides...When I die, I'm pretty sure it is going to make one fuckin' hell of an obituary.:cool:

17. we dont die... we just keep swimming untill we hit a hotspot and get coded back to life... thats just how i see it idk about you guys :p

18. I'm not afraid to die it's just getting out of a car and getting in to another.

19. Anyone else think the soul/spirit living on/going somewhere else is nonsense?
    Isn't it pretty obviously just something we made up because we want it to happen?

Or that not much about death is a mystery?

Asking what being dead is like is like asking what being a rock is like. It doesn't make sense because there is no mind or consciousness involved.

20. [quote name='"Blazed Bacon"']Anyone else think the soul/spirit living on/going somewhere else is nonsense?
    Isn't it pretty obviously just something we made up because we want it to happen?

Or that not much about death is a mystery?

Asking what being dead is like is like asking what being a rock is like. It doesn't make sense because there is no mind or consciousness involved.[/quote]

I sadly agree.