You're all a bunch of fucking idiots

Discussion in 'General' started by BackDoorMan, Mar 28, 2009.

1. My statements have not been understood. I'm not saying leave the comfort of your homes or kill your parents. But please do question yourself. Question the authority around you. Impose yourself. Come on.

2. Some of the concepts you mentioned in your rant are illusions that people have been chasing since the beginning of our kind, we all know they're illusions, yet we still chase them with the same vigor as one would chase a fresh idea. It's all part of being human though, and you will no more find solace in a cave than you would in the heart of everything you deplore because that's what being human is all about. We can certainly run away from many things in life and we can even manage to convince ourselves that we're getting away, but if we're truly honest with ourselves, we know that there's no escaping being human.

3. this reeks of Marx

Did you know that when Karl Marx wrote the Communist Manifesto he was broke as shit, living in a friends apartment?

Someone saying how everyone should take care of each other and how it will solve all the worlds problems, yet has nothing to offer himself...

This whole post just irritates me. People don't accept what you call powerlessness. There is this amazing thing called voting, and with it you can change anything. However most people seem content with where they're at seeing as only 1/4 of the US votes.

Not connecting to the planet? Unlawfully taxed? Ancient Societies...sigh

People aren't trying to "connect to the planet" because they are busy putting food on the table and take part in things that give them pleasure.

Those unlawful taxes pay for the streets you walk on, the firefighters and paramedics who's duty is nothing but saving your ass, and various other things that make life easier.

Ancient Societies...oh man...I'm going to get a little pedagogic with this one.
    In 1974, Professor Herbet Gans of Columbia University wrote a critique of mass culture. One of the ingrained biases he found is called the historical bias. The idea that culture in olden days was better because of the lack of an assembly line. He also pointed out that history is EXCEPTIONALLY violent. People didn't have time to spend on cultural matters because they were too busy worrying about getting raped and murdered by invaders. Look at ancient Greece, Rome, Egypt, Mesopotamia, Spain, Mexico, America, Scotland, England, etcetc.

Ancient times were not better. They got what they could from their land, and that was fine because the land didn't have to feed that many people. If your harvest fell through, however, you starved. I don't recall a WaWa's down the street from the Parthenon, or a Safeway in front of the Great Pyramids of Giza.

You know what practical knowledge the Greeks, Romans and Egyptians work on? Architecture, engineering, advanced mathematics, physics, chemistry, medicine, more efficient farming systems to feed their growing populations, and a whole shitload of other things. All practical knowledge, all forming foundations which the modern world is built on.

In ancient greece there's this idea of episteme, techne, and telos.
    Episteme is to know how to create something. Techne is ability and telos is the purpose.
    All 3 of these are important. It is a basic way to show the interconnectedness of society. Someone will have an idea, another will create and another will figure out the best way to put it to use. What's this sound like...capitalism, ta-da. The Greeks understood that people would naturally do what they were good at doing and it would all work out and for the most part they were right.

Society is more or less fine the way it is, it only seems like those who have big issues with it are the ones who don't wish to SERIOUSLY put in the effort to change it. Holding protest signs and talking about how things should be don't count.

Be the change you want to see in the world.

4. Individuality is lost on the majority of humankind. We do what we do because we are told that is the norm. Societal norms and cultural expectations have ruined this incredible opportunity we call Life.

5. overplayed, cop out...

can you elaborate?

why do you think it is that we, as humans, are compelled to be entranced by some preformed complex. why is that we feel most secure when we lose what it means to be a true individual?

i think humans are destined to destroy themselves, because with all this technological advancement, albeit very beneficial for society, will ultimately lead to our demise. i cant elaborate, as i am fucking stoned and pretty tired, but for the most part our acquired and more advanced knowledge (coming from the ancients, of course) has made us dependent on these to live. if we were forced to live as the ancients did, and basically restart civilization, i think wed be fucked.

is that even relevant? if not, sorry.

6. No one else has ruined your opportunity at life. That's a cop out. Your life is exactly what you make it.

This is a huge world. There are plenty of places to go if you want to drop out of society, and completely fend for yourself. No one is stopping you. Those places don't have the internet, or fast food, or your parents to cook for you every day and night, but otherwise, why not?

7. #87 Sir.Smokesalot, Mar 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2009
    LOL this is the weed talking..once you realize that..you've passed the gateway...

you are in a system that you can never escape and you will just go insane if you try to contest against it..or even lose your freedom, or life...fuck the world, not the people..(well some of them too)

8. i feel this thread neeps a bump...good topic

9. Im with you all here.

Sometimes I wonder why anyone gives a fuck on this planet, because the universe is infinite and therefore we as a race and our planet as an object do not exist.

wow... :smoking:

10. cool story bro

11. :hello:yes i love this thread!!!

i chose to not go to college and travel instead and everyone calls me crazy and says that im throwing my life away. i would rather have a life full of experience and enlightenment doing my own thing than going to school so i can get some second rate job working for the man and following the standard..

12. thats whats up:smoking:

13. dude your a fucking idiot too

so am I..

the thing is, the idea of a god was created...so trying to follow 'the gods' or something, is stupid, anything we try to put great effort into is stupid...i kinda think that everything around us mold us to be in control, like religion, movies, school, 'legends' all those things were the good always wins over evil, so you must strive to be good, to have a good concious

and they always make the evil "unattractive" like horns, fire, pain, ruggedness, where good is well "attractive"...(which attractive is good with finding repoducing=good side)

basically the elitiests throw down this crap, so that ppl will try to not take a "evil" route to being sucessful..thus keeping us down, not letting us get to them=control???

anyfeed back would be appreciated, i'm just seeing if any of this is somewhat rational lol

14. #94 arian_ma, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2009
    ^^ That is rational, I do believe that all of those things were created (along with the entire idea of the monetary system) to control the masses. Why do you think any group that tries to differ from the norm is called outrageous and wild and crazy etc...

Don't lose control of your own life.

Edit: and I see a lot of people in here saying "Well it's a game and you gotta play so you might as well win,"... why do you have to play? Why can't you just put down the "cards you are dealt" and say fuck this game, I don't like it, and go play your own game? That is the point the OP is making.

15. Okay guys just calm the hell down... rule of thumb, live your life the way you want to, for better or for worse.

16. Die young and leave a good looking corpse.

17. putting food on the table...noble cause....
    havent heard this perspective before...this is a self-policing mechanism folks use wen dependent on a system they partially understand, and the rest they agree with not wanting 2 appear stupid 2 those around them, so then they defend a long accepted farce, as the mass public is convinced everything makes sense from their trusted media, who r all owned by "connected" corporate interests...no conflict of allegiance there....

Actually all revenue from federal income tax is wholely absorbed by the interest of the national debt...fire fighters, police, and roads are covered by state & local taxes people pay on everything from gasoline to property...i would suggest watching Aaron Russo's "freedom to fascism" it discusses these issues in great detail...

but its like the matrix, for sum ppl ignorance is bliss...less pain, struggle, and thought required...
    u dont need to understand how things work around you...let other ppl in power arrange it 4 u..just fill out an application...wait for interview...get job...wait for paycheck...taxes removed...but under irs code it is voluntary...

damn, oh well nobody else is making a fuss...if sumbody does speak up, then its, "hay, your just lazy, ur tryna get out of paying your share...u just lack work ethic...u wanna run around the forest..."

uh no...actually i fucking read the constitution and realized these guys are fucking soul-less criminals...
    instead of knowing how to provide 4 ourselves and maintain our livlihood, they limit our knowledge and we accept it cuz we believe our pre-determined potential...

and hay, we can just pay sumbody 2 fix it...wow, how smart, independent...

yea, unfortunately like every1, i must live and function in this society, but since i understand the principles of math, i do my own equation, while many accept a result they cant show the work for...and i see this shit doesnt add up...but does work out well for the concentration of wealth and the spreading of poverty...

it shouldnt come 2 the point where we have stacks of money but the money is valueless, and were wondering where our lifes worth is....holding paper bills which are as valueable as monopoly money, while private bankers make away with all the nations truly valuable gold, property, and resources...

im notta marxist, but reading up on his theory of conflict and the pursuit of power...order thru chaos..is very true to reality...ppl chasing a goal of power, which is ultimately found behind a solid glass ceiling, inpenetrable without abstract means...

not to rant...
    though this is what we must do to survive, we mustnt allow that pridicament 2 distort our view of justice or truth, and lead to passive acceptance, or an accepted position of weakness...b/c like the matrix those with a blissful ignorance or who find safety in dependence on the oppresive society, ultimately become self-policing agents of the system by attacking the messenger of truth, b/c they threaten the norm, and change even from injustice is feared by most...

truth and efficiency r my only true care and allegiance..
    attention or laziness i assure u is not the source of my discord...its deception and injustice being performed on massive scales and the popularizing of ignorance and mediocrity...
    sorry never was a nerd, but i NEVER was a dumbass...and i noticed a huge shift in dumbasses and the dumbing down of media and society...
    i cant condone an idiocracy...

18. fucking myself to death

19. Okay, I was obviously unclear about my previous statement about society. Blame the THC :smoking: I didnt mean that MY life was ruined and I have no opportunities, I mean that social norms have substantially decreased the number of people who REALIZE their opportunity. The majority of people are too caught up in what they are supposed to do that they dont realize the potential for individuality. Also, I agree with you Illidelphin, people seem to be destined to continue inventing technologies that will ultimately be either misused or designed to destroy us. In the words of the immortal Eistein, " I know not with what world war lll will be fought, but I know that world war lV will be fought with sticks and stones."

20. Nice. + rep:wave: