Youre A Slave

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Tastytrichomes, May 22, 2013.

I mean getting more in the sense that you're getting more than you need. Since there are limited resources, if you take more than you need, someone else will eventually not have what they need because you took too much. It's true you don't need to harm anyone by maximizing your own gains, but when you are only out for yourself you usually do end up harming others because you're only thinking about yourself.

2. A slave doesn't have the option or the ability to leave their circumstances. We're very poorly paid servants. The problem is that we don't discuss this in many more places than the Internet. You'd be surprised how many people agree with most sentiments that come out of threads like these. If you were willing to put your neck out there and show that you believe this stuff.

3. We are slaves because our employers have the right to tell us what we can and can't do in our free time.  Did any of you have to take a drug test to get your job?  If so then You=Slave.

4. You don't have to have a job, you don't have to take a drug test.

That's like saying "Did you have to take an eye examination to drive a car? If so then You=Slave"

5. This is a  reason why i advocate for a Resourced Based Economy. The ZeitgeistMovement.Com --> For More Information

6. Thanks for reminding me

well technically you do. if you want to survive

That's not true either. Supply meets equilibrium demand, so my demanding and buying something also results in a change in supply, however marginal and seemingly insignificant.

This is particularly true for non-luxury goods. For example, if I buy a hamburger, I am not denying someone else hamburger, just that exact hamburger. 

Countries that have rapid starvation, famine, and general poverty are so because they do not produce goods and services that are demanded by the masses. It's not because I, as an American, consume too much. This is a very common misunderstanding of macroeconomics.

This is true, but it does not make you a slave, per se.

We have certain needs and wants inherent to human beings. If you consider yourself a slave to nature, that's fine, but it's a hell of an abstraction.

10. #30 PeterJoseph, May 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2013

Why is there so much starvation in africa when they have so many natural resources? This kind of thinking would only last up to a certain point because of the limited world resources, If there were 25 billion people and a billion of those people used all the lithium on their iphones, the rest of the world would not have any lithium, same with oil or any other limited natural resources.

11. ^ Competition for natural resources is as old as life itself. Are you suggesting that everybody should suddenly stop competing for natural resources? LOL, welcome to earth, you might not find it comfortable here.

Why are Africans starving? Ask the farmers in SA and Zimbabwe (what's left of them, anyway)

12. The way I see it we live in king an queen era still an we are the pesents.

13.  Do most americans have the ability to leave their towns?  No.  They pretty much go to work and sit in their house on their free time.  Very little money to spend on extra activities.  Most people are extremely poorly paid.  They can afford a place to stay, the bills, and to eat.  A slave had the same thing, place to stay and eat and actually did other things.  Many slaves had better lives then a lot of americans, they got along with their owners and had enjoyable lives, this has been documented by several slaves.  

Americans are slaves because you don't have a choice in the matter.  It's human farming, your controlled on virtually ever aspect of your life.  Yes you can choose between 25 different flavors of ice cream but you dont have any control over the real issues.  Voting is an illusion and the cards were dealt long time ago.  Your not free.  

Yeah, but if we compete endlessly, we will run out eventually...It's not infinite...

What exactly do you base your opinions on? :rolleyes:

The U.S. is only second to Germany when it comes to spending money on travel.

From knowledge and experience.  That travel money is from the 1%.  If you make more then 23,000$ a year in the US you are in the 1%.  That means 99% of Americans dont even make 23k a year.  Thats a slave to society.  Not many even travel out of their state.  And you cant blame the people, the US is set up for human farming.  To keep the people down and the 1% above.  

17. #38 walterbishop, May 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2013
    Well, I'll ask again, where do you get your information from? Post links to the source of your staitistics.

Call me old fashioned but your personal knowledge and experience don't do it for me as a source.

18. Damn my family is in the 1% and didn't even know it!! Lol! I think you need to bump that income number a little higher sir.
    Seriously though, if this is the slave life then being this kinda slave isn't too shabby. Yeah yeah everybody go ahead and tell me I'm part of the problem lol. The way I see it is that I'm loads better off than lots of people around the world and I'm immensely grateful for that,why spend my short life being angry at the "system" or whatever? Giving myself an aneurysm about it isn't going to change anything.

19. YOU ARE ALL SLAVES