Your Worst Roommate Thread

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by As Above So Below, Jul 13, 2013.

1. So I was reading the thread about roommates and it got me thinking... What is your worst experience with a roommate? Let me tell you mine,,, which is happening right NOW.

Me and my sister got a room together and everything was going fine the last 6 months.. We both had jobs, a party once a week or every other week. Things were great.

I got her hired on with Century Link (contractor starting out) and she had just completed a month of training and was going to the floor last Monday (7/8). It was a data repair agent position where people call in and need help getting back online. She didn't think she was doing good but my supervisors told me she was doing great. 

Well on Monday she just fucking quit... She was living paycheck to paycheck and I had a few hundred in the bank, nothing special but definitely enough to get by. She told me she got fired because she missed some days or something... But I knew she was there 20 minutes before 8 every day... So I knew that was BS. Then my supervisor asked me what happened and I told them she got fired by the contracting agency. My supervisor was pissed and said he is going to fix this... He got HIS boss (over 25 years there) in his office and was going to fix this ASAP. He said call my sister and find out what's going on.

I call and text her non stop asking what happened... Saying my supervisor has HIS boss in his office waiting... All fucking day I'm trying to get a hold of her, so is my mom, dad, sister, fucking everyone... 

No answer. You know what her excuse was? She was SLEEPING! & then she proceeds to tell me how her phone wasn't charing at 4% (iphone so thats bs). She lives 10 minutes from my parents house so she could have drove and picked up a phone...

All day my supervisor comes over to my desk asking what the status is. He came over at least 6 times to my cubicle... And then she also proceeds to get drunk & smoke weed that same night... 

Now she fucked me over too because rent is $720 and I have my $360 and electricity and everything else... But she has pennies to her name... Not only that she refuses to apply at certain places. She only applies at "places I want to work at..."

That's my fucked up roommate story, what's yours?

2. Wow that really sucks!  Is she just expecting you to pay her rent or what?

My worst roommate was a junkie who was trying to quit.  He lied, stole, you know....stuff that junkies do.  Eventually there was an "incident" which is against the rules to talk about on GC.  But I ended up nearly strangling him to death...while he was in the hospital that night we changed the locks to kick him out.

3. I told her straight up I'm not paying for it. If we are late she will have to pay those fees. We live in a pretty nice place (2 bed 2 bath) and the fees after a couple days are crazy... She's my sister and I love her but there's nothing I can do for her...

Sounds like you had it rough lol. I know exactly what you mean about junkies... My friend was a junkie and he even did a few months in county jail I think it was... Right after he shot up an unmentionable cocktail and almost died that same night... They will do ANYTHING to get that fix..

4. mine was a dude living on the couch selling pot...

got us booted