Your thoughts

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JohnnyEvergreen, Dec 31, 2017.

?

What seed should I plant next?

1. Ocean Grown Kush

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Blue Mystic

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Bag Seeds(many varieties)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. #1 JohnnyEvergreen, Dec 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    " Perhaps we are not really sinners in the hands of an angry God, after all. Perhaps we are all more like seedlings in the hands of a wise gardener. " - Seth Adam Smith

J Evergreen

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fuck it. Do it.

"Look for the girl with the sun in her eyes
    And she's gone"

3. #3 JohnnyEvergreen, Dec 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018

4. Buy some quality fem seeds. Don't have to deal with males with feminized seeds.

And she's gone"

• Like Like x 1
  5. I know I know, but I've always just kind of been against the Fem seeds. Kind of goes against my morals even though it's dumb I guess to value your ideals over a tried mostly true method like fem. I guess though it's about how you look at.

Personally I don't mind not finding females, have seen an outstanding male or two. I will more than likely grow 100's more in the future so I'm not to worried as I know there are plenty of females to be had over the span. I've got 79 years until I'm 100,hopefully 1 regular seed will be a female before then. :smoke: If not well then I'd be the most unlucky dude in the world.

J Evergreen

6. I'm not sure what you got against fem seeds. The method of making them is a function of the plant. It's a female stressed to produce pollen which is then used on another femaoe plant

And she's gone"

7. #7 JohnnyEvergreen, Dec 31, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    Yeah maybe in your own set up or a friends but I have a hard time believing a seed bank that sell a bunch of fem seeds never spray. People try to tell me all the time to spray shit to Make it a female, if you are into that good for you. If not, like me you don't want to risk it. I am not against making a female through back crossing or breeding females, or which ever way. I just know that a lot of companies with various different items start off good, using more natural or expensive ways to get their product but when consumers ramp up their product, spending less and profiting more usually catches their eye. So who's to say they wouldn't just spray it with colloidal silver or some other chemical. Does the same for less work right?

Long story short I'll probably be using regular seeds, that's what I have and always have had but I do appreciate the concern of my lack to use fem seeds. It's a preference thing. I could be wrong and maybe no banks spray seeds. Guess that's just a loss I'm willing to take.

Don't let my rants discourage you from coming back though. Hope to see ya around when I get further into the process. Best wishes.

J Evergreen

8. Colloidal silver doesn't effect the seeds. It causes the plant to become stressed and forces the pollination process more reliably than physically damaging it.

Not to mention that the sprayed plant is not the one being pollinated. Also colloidal silver is safe to ingest, people use it as a medication fof cancer and other stuff.

You really think seed companies and trusted brands would allow a toxic product to be sold for years? Especially with all the scrutiny on the marijuana industry.

I get you're paranoid but facts beat out superstition.

And she's gone"

9. If you're starting a new grow you're going to want at least 2-3 good plants going. If you only pop 2-3 seeds you might not get the best phenotypes of those strains.

I would pop a whole tray of 16 or so in a jiffy starter. Veg them for a few weeks and select the most vigorous growers out of the bunch for the new crop.

10. Granted you've got me on a lot of it, I merely used colloidal silver as an example of some substance Ive heard of being sprayed on things. I guess really I shouldn't have been lazy and should had researched before I answered. Never the less though I've never really like feminized seeds because of a mental preference. Sort of like democrat or republican? For me it's Fem or regular and I'm going on biased sense of false information or well more of paranoid accusations. Guess I really need to open my mind but for now my preference is regular. I don't know, like I said I guess I don't really mind the time, it's all experience to me. I learn something new every day. Appreciate the info though. You've opened my eyes I promise, I'm just to high for you to tell right now. :biggrin:Thanks

J Evergreen

• Like Like x 2