Your thoughts on my Design

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by reINFECT, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Howdy folks. Recently I got my liscence and am starting to draw up some plans for my first indoor grow, so I was hoping someone could give their thoughts on my prospective design. So far all i physically have is a 1000 watt hps bulb, reflector, and ballast. Planning to construct the box itself from plywood and the corner of two existing walls, going for a total space of about 8'Hx8'Wx4'D. I want to connect ducting and a duct fan to draw away heat from light and exhaust outside. Likely will just do a passive air intake and an oscillating fan inside. Inside done up in flat white.
    Sorry about giving such a brief description, but like I said I don't have much as far as physical construction so far. I'd really like to know if yall think I'm going to be ok with that space for such a big light (turned it on, that thing gets hot). I'd appreciate any advice you have to offer this rookie. Thanks everyone.

2. think if ya stuck some pics up reinfect yad get some answers mate? show em what n were ya planning on making ya box? av not used a 1000watter yet but two 600 n yes shud be ok plenty of air movement n whatnot yal be ok! r ya going dirt or hydro? put more plans down n someone with more knowlege will pipe up my freind g luck mate!!