your strain wishlists?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by hazey grapes, Oct 9, 2011.

1. #1 hazey grapes, Oct 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2011
    i have a few beans & UFOs i can't wait to be able to test and a fairly extensive wishlist of other strains i'd like to try as well for variety sake, or just to be able to report on gear no one else does. until i find something better, my 3 favorite strains that are doable indoors are 8 miles high, haze skunk & super cali haze all of which get you high without any couchlock other than the slight lead eye in otherwise crazy potent haze skunk.

these are the strains i'd like to try at the moment:

columbian gold (world of seeds) to see if their 75% CG compares at all to THE BEST weed i've ever smoked so far, original california grown gold with it's nice pinecone odor and super visual trippy buzz that NO strain i've smoked sinse (pun intended) has surpassed. HQS hazeskunk is more potent & euphoric, but not quite as visual

satori (mandala) i love his 8 miles high for not only it's TOTALLY couchlock free buzz that is nothing but fun, but because it isn't stretchy like a mofo where most strains that actually get you high are and most of the indoor "trippy" strains also couchlock. i'd love to see how this one compares. it might be a little taller, but it sounds like the buzz is even more intense. so far, i've liked every couchlock free indoor strain i've tried for different reasons

amnesia lemon (barney's farm) to see if it tastes any better than awesomely potent & trippy haze skunk by high quality seeds (not a fan on the cigar wrapper with hints of ashtray odor or slight blunt flavor) or is at least faster growing

cannalope haze (DNA genetics) a medium sized haze crossed with a mexican sativa sounds like it might be trippier than haze skunk and DNA has a solid rep as a breeder. i used to want to try their LA confidential based on it's CLAIMED trippy buzz in cannabible, but it's supposedly a pure indica which doesn't sit well with me at all

thai skunk (high quality seeds) to see if it's more visual than their haze skunk and if it has more of that delicious tutti fruity flavor that real pain in the ass to grow indoors highland thai has

jillybean (TGA subcool) because it has a loyal following for a laugh your ass off euphoric buzz that sounds fun. i'd like to see how it compares to laughing buddha which i have a fem of already to try

C99 (mosca) it's reported to not only be bred for the best "potent pineapple" phenos, but is supposedly trippy too where C99 has more of a rep for a clear headed and racy buzz much like that in joey weed's slightly grapey C99s. this crossed with an autoflowering lowryder sounds like areally cool way to shrink down the "trippiest" strain one can find like mekong haze maybe without adding annoying stone like all of the old school hybrids

orient express (ace seeds) compact, but trippy are my highest (pun intended) priorities and ever strain has a different personality. i'd like to try this just to be able to report back on ace seeds as i've heard a couple peeps they're gear is good and they have some cool sounding IBLs where they're becoming harder & harder to find. i'm so whizzed that i missed the boat on afropips' malawi gold

the flav (TGA subcool) romulan is a major favorite strain of many for it's trippy buzz, but i've never been interested because of it's reports of skunking & couchlock both of which annoy me, but if this strain has less of that, i'd like to try it just for kicks

chocolate rain (breeder's choice) i've heard a lot of positive buzz around sannies' gear and chocolate thai x chocolate kush sounds like a fun flavor strain. i always wanted to try the thai version, but this sounds fun too

purple gems (lowryder) it might be interesting to breed this with something like delicious grape juice tasting (but stretchy & slow) super cali haze to try and get a smaller grape flavored plant along with a purple color which many people love even if this would add some couchlock and turn it into something more like overrated blueberry

early blueberry (next generation) supposedly even fruitier than blueberry which tastes like a grain of blueberry cereal sugar to me. i bet it's just as stoney as original, but possibly interesting for tryingto shrink super cali haze and keep as much of it's grape flavor as possible intact

stuporsonic (sagarmartha) it's "soaring high" & spicy flavor sound reminiscent of original kali mist whose lip burning hot crushed red pepper taste is my favorite. combining this with something fruity like cherry buddha's sister would be interesting

auto assasin (short stuff) i don't REALLY have a lot of interest in AK-47 because it sounds too polluted by afghani with it's skunky & stoney buzz, but thought this strain would be better for trying to shrink down IBLs with less couchlock than even shorter hindu kush lowryders.

white russian (lowlife) for it's potential in shrinking taller strains if it lives up to it's balanced all around buzz reputation

northern lights #5 (?) i'm not a fan of stoner bud at all, but this strain is a low odor cash cropper that would be nice to have around just in case anyone doesn't like to get high or is a med user and just to say i've tried it

any opinions on these, particularly detailed smoke reports are appreciated as well as sharing your wishlists is too. it would be nice if you give the reasons WHY behind your choices and possibly inspiring others to look into your choices. it seems no two people have anything remotely similar in their grow lists other than popularity contest strains like disgusting truck stop tasting diesels etc.

2. Try DNA's chocolope instead of chcolate rain. I was extremely fond of growing this strain mainly because it yields a ton, smokes and tastes great.. I just ordered my seed wishlist so we'll have to see if anything new comes out in the next month or so.

3. C99 is amazing. I don't really recommend Jilly Bean. I guess it does have the high you like, very uplifting and happy. But it's never very high quality. I could see a C99 Jilly cross being nice though. I'm not really a fan of Northern Lights or White Russian either, but that's just me.

4. Dairy Queen, Plushberry, Sour Double Kush, Starbud, Grape Stomper x OG and Mendo Montage

5. #5 hazey grapes, Oct 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2011
    how's the couchlock on chocolope? i've heard of that strain a couple times. i only like functional to downright speedy strains. i'll have to look it's description up. what i'm REALLY interested in is PURE chocolate thai, but i doubt you can get it anymore.

oh, i know why i dismissed chocolope... the OG in it's cross. i have no interest in skunky OG kush strains. i gave all of the OG freebies i got including the TH seeds gear away. it's something i have less interest than afghani in.

6. I haven't had legit chocolote thai in a few years and even back then the quality of the bud was UGGGGG LY.. And seeeeedy. To say the least you won't ever find real chcolote thai around anymore. I think the chocolope has the real chocolate taste along with a good uplifting yet mellow high buzz. You definitely feel more of the sativa than indica influence and the plants get pretty bulky around harvest time with dense sticky colas.. Actually some of the stickiest bud I ever grew which reminded me hardcore of chocolate thai. Check it out, you won't be disappointed.

7. I have seen alot of women like Jilly Bean. Not saying all do, but maybe because its not really strong, but has a great flavor and just makes you feel good.

8. Very clever Althor.
    I agree after reading a few paragraphs of his waffle like posts, Hazey Grapes prattles on in the same type of prose and with indentical grammar forms as Pokernaut.

9. Here's my report on Chocolope.

MNS The Doors- NL5 Haze x (Haze Bros A x Haze Bros C). I think there might be too much original haze to work with indoors, but I'd really like to try. It sounds stupifying.

Malberry Mozambique Poison Just because I'd like to try growing true Malawi. Their Malawi Gold looks interesting too.

TGA Jack the Ripper - Read a report in Treating Yourself about extremely high levels of THCV in this strain, I'd like to try it out.

KOS C99 - He claims the F3s are stable. I'd like to see for myself, plus I wanna see this guy put his money where his mouth is about how wonderful a breeder he is. His Malawi Black sounds pretty interesting too.

10. If you do snag some of that KOS C99 please keep us updated. He does sound like he thinks he is wonderful. With that much hype I would like to think its as good as described.

11. #12 hazey grapes, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2011
    thanks for the report on chocolope. a chocolate mid sounds better than a stoner bud. i'd want to cross that with an interesting flavor strain like tart cherry buddha's sister. i still have 2 beans of that left, but they've been sitting around some 5 years by now. i'd give ya rep for the details, but i gotta spread some around.

i was just checking my trophy case. i have a lot of gear to test including a bunch of C99 crosses. i have high hopes for C99 x LSD being right down the middle of those two... way less of the creeping stone of LSD and a mellower buzz than high energy joey weed's cindy, but even more compact. i also hope the cross brings out the grape of both strains and mutes the cat piss on flowers funk early in flowering of LSD.

i'm even more psyched to try C99 x super cali haze. that should be REALLY grapey and hopefully some cindy in that lowryder x IBL cross will bring super cali's size & flowering time down even more without polluting it with afghani traits. i just hope cindy doesn't clear up too much of the psychoactivity, but both strains are great & the cross should be nice too. i only have about a dozen of those sadly, but i plan to use a male of that in a grapes strain cross. i know that if nothing else, there will be SOME grape flavor in it, it won't couchlock, it will be be motivational & creative and will be nice euphoria in it. the real question is where will it's buzz be between clear headed raciness and psychoactivity. i might call that one kool aid or grape juice or how about wrath of bong? LOL

i have 4 unknown grapes & pinecone mid bagseeds that could only improve in flavor and buzz with a C99 haze cross.

i also want to see what C99 does to haze skunk (i think i'm calling that one cuntfart). that strain could use some shrinking & speeding up and the cross might get rid of that little bit of couclock still clouding the buzz a little and maybe tame the annoying cigar taste a little and bring out more of the tutti fruity thai.

i don't have any immediate plans for C99 x hashberry. that strain is too funky for me. i might end up gifting those lie i did all of the OGs in attitudes 10 year blowout.

if anyone's interested in the gear i'll test when i can, i also have
    C99 x A11 - joey weed
    C99 x blueberry - joey weed
    el dorado - sativa seeds, oaxican IBL
    urban poison - sativa seeds, 25% NL#5
    gnomo - kannabia, 45 day from seed trippy strain (?)
    SAGE - TH Seeds
    roadrunner - dinafem
    royal haze - dinafem
    laughing buddha - barney's
    buddha's sister x G13 haze- soma (2x) a breeder if i have a male for it's tart cherry flavor
    sweet deep grapefruit - dinafem
    white russian - G13 labs
    easy rider - lowrider
    kali mist - serious seeds (1x) a breeder if i have a male
    haze skunk - high quality seeds, super potent "indoor IBL"
    8 miles high - mandala, i definitely want to use this as a breeder for couchlock free strains, especially if i can get a strawberry pheno

12. #13 hazey grapes, Oct 10, 2011
    i was just browsing coffee shop smoke reports at Smokers Guide and came across a favorable one for ceres seed's fruity thai it's supposed to be pretty visual, but very indoor friendly... sounds like fun!

13. #14 SkunkPatronus, Oct 10, 2011

You will hate the Satori if I remember that you like clear headed highs. The high is intense, but the body frequenly gets locked up by the brain and the introversion so intense that you can't make your body do anything besides look star struck and sit there where you are. Not relaxing, more like a skin cage that keeps you from moving, and mounting anxiety which you attribute to not being able to function, while intensely 'somewhere else'. Creative thoughts, little action, insanely high. Prone to causing headaches.

You need to grow out a simple Nirvana's California Orange. A good daytime smoke, euphorically active, no come down, just waves of happy. Mandala's Speed Queen is someone's Cali-O.

I will post a Thai smoke report soon, I finished one recently.

You will hate White Russian, stuff kills me in a maul to the head kind of way. Wear a bib. Easy to grow tho.

Northern Lights has a residual ataxia for me, one that I wake up to if I use it too late in the evening. Stuff causes my eyes to cross and that makes if hard to look at much of anything...I can't see on it, and even when that's the only muscle set I am using, because the rest of them 'disappeared' Balanced though, very high, very euphoric, clear headed, body very relaxed/unaware, makes you feel disconnect to it, hard to describe, not like stoney or buzzy or couchlocked, just totally unaware of how to operate it. You fall asleep thinking weird stuff after a couple of hours in the evening, and in the daytime you just kind of come down and finally figure out how to stand up. Not an active sort of weed by far.